Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Encrypted Datacube: Story content in the cartel market?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Encrypted Datacube: Story content in the cartel market?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zhiroc's Avatar


Zhiroc
06.26.2013 , 03:42 PM | #411
And RotHC wasn't charging for content?

Personally, I don't see the problem with having story content show up in the CM. If you don't want it, then you don't buy it. If I want it as a subscriber, I can use my coin stipend to buy it (which is something I can't do for full expansions like RotHC, I'll point out), thus making the purchase cost no additional money for me, since I can't see anything else to spend CC on.

Plus, doing it this way for say 250 CC or so for a small series of quests produced on a frequent basis doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

Caelrie's Avatar


Caelrie
06.26.2013 , 04:06 PM | #412
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhiroc View Post
And RotHC wasn't charging for content?
.
An expansion is different.

ChuangTzu's Avatar


ChuangTzu
06.26.2013 , 04:10 PM | #413
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhiroc View Post
And RotHC wasn't charging for content?

Personally, I don't see the problem with having story content show up in the CM. If you don't want it, then you don't buy it. If I want it as a subscriber, I can use my coin stipend to buy it (which is something I can't do for full expansions like RotHC, I'll point out), thus making the purchase cost no additional money for me, since I can't see anything else to spend CC on.

Plus, doing it this way for say 250 CC or so for a small series of quests produced on a frequent basis doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.
This defeats the point of paying for a subscription.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Vemtaz's Avatar


Vemtaz
06.26.2013 , 04:21 PM | #414
I really don't see what people are so upset about.

It's obvious to all of us that the primary source of income for future content development is the Cartel Market.

I would not be surprised at all to see story content of various types being released through the Cartel Market, including , but not limited to, access to new planets, flashpoints, operations, etc...

The days of subscription funded video games are over. Deal with it.

For all of you people demanding you get some thing for free, get over yourselves.

Caelrie's Avatar


Caelrie
06.26.2013 , 04:32 PM | #415
Quote: Originally Posted by Vemtaz View Post
For all of you people demanding you get some thing for free, get over yourselves.
$15 a month is not free. Take your entitlement arguments somewhere else.

Mevan's Avatar


Mevan
06.26.2013 , 04:43 PM | #416
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

Our plan with the Encrypted Datacubes was simply to see if packs would be another avenue of getting story content in the game. It will always be the Cartel Market teams goal to look for new and interesting things to add into the Cartel Market which are not gameplay impacting (avoiding pay-to-win, etc.). With that being said, we have heard your feedback loud and clear on this and we have no plans to place the Datacubes in the Cartel Market in the future.

Thanks!

-eric
Your team continues to amaze me.

DarthVengeant's Avatar


DarthVengeant
06.26.2013 , 05:10 PM | #417
"Encrypted Datacubes was simply to see if packs would be another avenue of getting story content in the game"

This right here is PROOF that Bioware only wants to milk you to death and not give anything to subscribers anymore...other than utterly useless party jawas and fireworks. !00% proof. Really putting me off this game.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vemtaz View Post
For all of you people demanding you get some thing for free, get over yourselves.
So, why do we pay 15 bucks a month then? We shouldn't be "entitled" to anything right? Pay for the game, pay for monthly fee...and they still want us to pay for more? When does it end? If you don't see a problem, then you must be rich and love throwing money at greed driven corporations. Hey, go work for the government or wall street. You would fit in just great their. Why don't you get over yourself.

ChuangTzu's Avatar


ChuangTzu
06.26.2013 , 05:10 PM | #418
Quote: Originally Posted by Vemtaz View Post
I really don't see what people are so upset about.

It's obvious to all of us that the primary source of income for future content development is the Cartel Market.

I would not be surprised at all to see story content of various types being released through the Cartel Market, including , but not limited to, access to new planets, flashpoints, operations, etc...

The days of subscription funded video games are over. Deal with it.

For all of you people demanding you get some thing for free, get over yourselves.
Not for free, we want something for our $15 a month. If they want to charge for every bit of content, the ditch the sub. If the keep the sub then I don't want to pay extra, expansions not included.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
06.26.2013 , 05:21 PM | #419
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

Our plan with the Encrypted Datacubes was simply to see if packs would be another avenue of getting story content in the game. It will always be the Cartel Market teams goal to look for new and interesting things to add into the Cartel Market which are not gameplay impacting (avoiding pay-to-win, etc.). With that being said, we have heard your feedback loud and clear on this and we have no plans to place the Datacubes in the Cartel Market in the future.

Thanks!

-eric
Wasn't it said before that subs wouldn't have to pay extra for content? Has that gone away, since it was thought a good idea to see if content could be put into CM items?
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Dext's Avatar


Dext
06.26.2013 , 05:25 PM | #420
We well see them on YouTube in days if even that long.
CE VIP
Current Book: Vector Prime
Next Book: Dark Tide I: Onslaught
New Republic Navy