Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Encrypted Datacube: Story content in the cartel market?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Encrypted Datacube: Story content in the cartel market?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jamesvasquez
06.21.2013 , 12:10 AM | #331
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
This is your opinion. Others have a different opinion.

Since the missions in these cubes have no bearing on progressing in the game with any character... not only do I not care about them, I won't make use of them.

They serve no functional purpose in the game. I could buy them off the GTN right now for 50-60K each.. and I have great credit wealth to draw upon... but it's a complete waste of credits as far as I am concerned. Why? because they are a gimmick, without useful purpose in game play. At least the modable armor has a purpose.
I am willing to acknowledge that people have differing opinions, but it's still a quest. That's not an opinion. Whether it is important or not differs from person to person absolutely, and I won't fault anyone for that, but to live in denial about whether it is a quest or not is a different matter altogether.
Fanboy for life!!!!!!

zzoorrzz
06.21.2013 , 12:34 AM | #332

Since the missions in these cubes have no bearing on progressing in the game with any character... not only do I not care about them, I won't make use of them.

They serve no functional purpose in the game. I could buy them off the GTN right now for 50-60K each.. and I have great credit wealth to draw upon... but it's a complete waste of credits as far as I am concerned. Why? because they are a gimmick, without useful purpose in game play. At least the modable armor has a purpose.
This is simply not true. No bearing on progression, no functional purpose? I don't think so. The "progression" in the game is not just about leveling or getting better geat. It's also about learning about things that happened in SW universe. For some people, this is much more important than "hardware" they get on the way. So I must correct you here, because any background or other type of information about anything that happened in SW universe is progression. Above all, this game is based on the story, it's the most important aspect of it.

SithKoriandr
06.21.2013 , 12:37 AM | #333

If you don't think story content is important, then you must not really care about the rest of the story content. After all, the class stories serve no functional purpose. They could have you do the same mission without a story and you wouldn't care.

So basically, why do you even care about this subject? You think the aspect in which they advertised the game (STORY CONTENT) is a waste of time.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

zzoorrzz
06.21.2013 , 12:52 AM | #334
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
Personally, I don't understand what the big deal is. It's not like it's important story content. If you find that it is important, just do a search on the internet, there are HUNDREDS of videos with all the story content for the encrypted datacubes, or just visit one of the fan sites that summarizes all of it. I look at it as if I were going to receive one of the mission "rewards" like the credit boon, it's cool to get thrown a bone with some background stuff that really isn't all that important.
Well we have 4 lvl 55 FPs, while actually we really need only 1 for gearing. Why not put the other 3 on CM if we can watch them on youtube anyway

SithKoriandr
06.21.2013 , 02:09 AM | #335
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
Well we have 4 lvl 55 FPs, while actually we really need only 1 for gearing. Why not put the other 3 on CM if we can watch them on youtube anyway
^This! After all, that's just more money to go into BW/EA to keep TOR going!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

LordArtemis
06.21.2013 , 02:19 AM | #336
Quote: Originally Posted by Sohaim View Post
so, youre telling me youre completly fine if they sell..lets say new companions quest using those packs?
Yep. For now I am. It all depends on how long it goes on without content released for subs that is not CM related.

SithKoriandr
06.21.2013 , 02:25 AM | #337
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Yep. For now I am. It all depends on how long it goes on without content released for subs that is not CM related.
Sooo...go 4 months with nothing but FPs, WZs, Companion Quests, new planet access, where every quest on the planet, including the planet quest, has to be unlocked all from the packs, and then release a 1 new quest for free for the subs on that new planet they just sold to them in a RNG pack!

SOUNDS GOOD, RIGHT?!

LordArtemis
06.21.2013 , 02:31 AM | #338
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Sooo...go 4 months with nothing but FPs, WZs, Companion Quests, new planet access, where every quest on the planet, including the planet quest, has to be unlocked all from the packs, and then release a 1 new quest for free for the subs on that new planet they just sold to them in a RNG pack!

SOUNDS GOOD, RIGHT?!
To me? It's fine for now. Let that turn into a year and then I will be concerned.

jamesvasquez
06.21.2013 , 02:53 AM | #339
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
To me? It's fine for now. Let that turn into a year and then I will be concerned.
So it's time elapsed that would be concerning you and not the content accessed on CM itself? Interesting. I did not expect that. Different positions for everyone, though, so more power to you.
Fanboy for life!!!!!!

Sorenia
06.21.2013 , 06:36 AM | #340
I think Story Content SHOULD be for sale. That's the one thing actually WORTH paying more for. Call it a mini-expansion or whatever.