Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Encrypted Datacube: Story content in the cartel market?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Encrypted Datacube: Story content in the cartel market?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
06.20.2013 , 06:15 PM | #321
I can see the concern, but I'm not sure it's a concern I share.

I personally feel CM content is money in, money out. It just seems to me that CM content is better than the content we were getting before the F2P/Market model launched.

I mean, just look at all of the UNIQUE armor designs we have gotten in the past few months. It's incredible.

That doesn't dismiss the concern that folks may have about putting "story" content on the market...I guess I'm just in the "better CM than nothing" club.

For now. If it continues for too long though I may become concerned myself.

Sohaim's Avatar


Sohaim
06.20.2013 , 06:51 PM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I can see the concern, but I'm not sure it's a concern I share.

I personally feel CM content is money in, money out. It just seems to me that CM content is better than the content we were getting before the F2P/Market model launched.

I mean, just look at all of the UNIQUE armor designs we have gotten in the past few months. It's incredible.

That doesn't dismiss the concern that folks may have about putting "story" content on the market...I guess I'm just in the "better CM than nothing" club.

For now. If it continues for too long though I may become concerned myself.
so, youre telling me youre completly fine if they sell..lets say new companions quest using those packs?

DeathDevilZero's Avatar


DeathDevilZero
06.20.2013 , 07:11 PM | #323
We need to boycott the cartel market.

jamesvasquez's Avatar


jamesvasquez
06.20.2013 , 07:44 PM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by DeathDevilZero View Post
We need to boycott the cartel market.
That's a bit excessive. For the most part, I do enjoy the CM. I just think this particular situation isn't a good decision.
Fanboy for life!!!!!!

jamesvasquez's Avatar


jamesvasquez
06.20.2013 , 08:11 PM | #325
I've already sent Eric two messages asking him to address this issue. Hopefully, there will be a response of some kind soon.
Fanboy for life!!!!!!

Grayseven's Avatar


Grayseven
06.20.2013 , 08:11 PM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by DeathDevilZero View Post
We need to boycott the cartel market.
I've already voted with my wallet in deciding to not drop any more cash on the CM until I see the rest of the game getting as much attention as the CM has.

However, that is a personal decision. Others have different ideas and may have no qualms about dropping a few bills every month on the CM.

It is an individual choice as to when and how much they spend on the CM, and needs to remain that way.
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

Soluss's Avatar


Soluss
06.20.2013 , 09:05 PM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
I've already voted with my wallet in deciding to not drop any more cash on the CM until I see the rest of the game getting as much attention as the CM has.

However, that is a personal decision. Others have different ideas and may have no qualms about dropping a few bills every month on the CM.

It is an individual choice as to when and how much they spend on the CM, and needs to remain that way.
The rest of the game will never get that kind of attention. Game content takes time to develop. CM content doesn't take much time because a lot of it is reskins of current assets. For instance it takes months to create new flashpoints. It doesn't take much time at all to recolor an already existing armor set.

The second aspect is that the cm is what is making their primary cash flow. They have to keep it fresh or it wont create much after the first couple weeks.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Thylbanus's Avatar


Thylbanus
06.20.2013 , 10:58 PM | #328
Personally, I don't understand what the big deal is. It's not like it's important story content. If you find that it is important, just do a search on the internet, there are HUNDREDS of videos with all the story content for the encrypted datacubes, or just visit one of the fan sites that summarizes all of it. I look at it as if I were going to receive one of the mission "rewards" like the credit boon, it's cool to get thrown a bone with some background stuff that really isn't all that important.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

jamesvasquez's Avatar


jamesvasquez
06.20.2013 , 11:47 PM | #329
But it is important. It's content. It's not a little vanity item like a new orange armor set. It's a quest. Quests don't belong on the CM. Regardless of the scope or size.
Fanboy for life!!!!!!

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
06.20.2013 , 11:55 PM | #330
Quote: Originally Posted by jamesvasquez View Post
But it is important. It's content. It's not a little vanity item like a new orange armor set. It's a quest. Quests don't belong on the CM. Regardless of the scope or size.
This is your opinion. Others have a different opinion.

Since the missions in these cubes have no bearing on progressing in the game with any character... not only do I not care about them, I won't make use of them.

They serve no functional purpose in the game. I could buy them off the GTN right now for 50-60K each.. and I have great credit wealth to draw upon... but it's a complete waste of credits as far as I am concerned. Why? because they are a gimmick, without useful purpose in game play. At least the modable armor has a purpose.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.