Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Encrypted Datacube: Story content in the cartel market?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Encrypted Datacube: Story content in the cartel market?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chuixupu
06.19.2013 , 02:51 AM | #291
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Why are you guys still going round and round about this? Bioware already said they won't do this again.
I don't believe they said that.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Soluss
06.19.2013 , 02:58 AM | #292
Why are you guys still going round and round about this? Bioware already said they won't do this again.
Forum pvp. Player generated mini game. If they did say that then that would be admitting a mistake, in a round about way. I don't think they said that.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Caelrie
06.19.2013 , 03:57 AM | #293
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
Forum pvp. Player generated mini game. If they did say that then that would be admitting a mistake, in a round about way. I don't think they said that.
I KNOW I saw it, but now the post is gone. Maybe that community rep didn't have the authority to say that.

jamesvasquez
06.19.2013 , 05:57 AM | #294
If they had done so, I would have shut up that second. Since I haven't seen anything, even if it was there, I must treat it as they probably are. It never happened. Therefore, I must sally forth.
Fanboy for life!!!!!!

Aries_cz
06.19.2013 , 06:09 AM | #295
I think that chuixupu wrote somewhere that he asked on Cantina Tour and devs said it will never go past stuff like the cubes, nothing like "yeah, sorry about that, no more story stuff on CM"
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

SithKoriandr
06.19.2013 , 06:52 AM | #296
Much like others, I haven't seen this comment from BW.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

jamesvasquez
06.19.2013 , 07:37 AM | #297
This thread has been going on since almost immediately after 2.2 launched and there still hasn't been a response to these concerns. I know they're busy answering questions that they've already answered about 20 times (such as when double xp weekend launches) but they could at least say "we'll get back to you."
Fanboy for life!!!!!!

chimex
06.19.2013 , 07:49 AM | #298
Quote: Originally Posted by jamesvasquez View Post
This thread has been going on since almost immediately after 2.2 launched and there still hasn't been a response to these concerns. I know they're busy answering questions that they've already answered about 20 times (such as when double xp weekend launches) but they could at least say "we'll get back to you."
I reckon everyone who is against these cubes being in the CM should open tickets and post on the Customer Service portion of the forums.

Something along the lines of "I think there's been a huge mistake on your part. You expressively told us that NO story content would be in the CM and not free for subscribers.

I checked my account status and it indeed says that I am subscribed. So, why am I not getting this story for free? Why am I having to pay for this content when your company told me I would not have to pay for story?"

I have yet to buy one of these packs, but I don't think I ever will (even to sell on). I have no intention of supporting these cubes being a CM item only.
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

jamesvasquez
06.19.2013 , 08:46 AM | #299
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
I reckon everyone who is against these cubes being in the CM should open tickets and post on the Customer Service portion of the forums.

Something along the lines of "I think there's been a huge mistake on your part. You expressively told us that NO story content would be in the CM and not free for subscribers.

I checked my account status and it indeed says that I am subscribed. So, why am I not getting this story for free? Why am I having to pay for this content when your company told me I would not have to pay for story?"

I have yet to buy one of these packs, but I don't think I ever will (even to sell on). I have no intention of supporting these cubes being a CM item only.
That is an excellent suggestion that I hadn't thought of before. Thank you for stating it! I will do so now.
Fanboy for life!!!!!!

Andryah
06.19.2013 , 09:16 AM | #300
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
I think that chuixupu wrote somewhere that he asked on Cantina Tour and devs said it will never go past stuff like the cubes, nothing like "yeah, sorry about that, no more story stuff on CM"
This is my recollection of what chuixupu shared as well.

The cubes are just another CM pack novelty/gimmick. They don't slay or change the storyline aspects of the game, no matter how many times someone stomps feet saying they do. I'm genuinely surprised at how many of you are spoofed into dramatic doomsday proclamations and demand statements......by a gimmick.

A cutscene is NOT a storyline by definition. It's a game mechanic to deliver a message. Storylines are delivered using cutscene mechanics. Learn to tell the difference IMO.

They used an existing mechanic in the game (cutscene) to deliver a novelty CM item to players. Some people are conflating this to mean they are (or will be) selling epic storylines through the CM now, which is just complete silly sauce.

And please... STOP with the "slippery slope" Chicken Little performance people. If we had an actual real world slope for every slippery slope drama performance presented in this forum, there would be no flat land left on the planet.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive, - Tim Cook, Apple CEO