Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Encrypted Datacube: Story content in the cartel market?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Encrypted Datacube: Story content in the cartel market?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Hyfy's Avatar


Hyfy
06.18.2013 , 06:12 PM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by Sohaim View Post
again you make sense, achievments never touch the quest, you have ignored the fact that the Shroud datalogs are the same level of story content of a companion quest, as for the turning simple leave on the item "trade in on the Cartel Market reputation vendor for your specific item" just like the Artifact gifts are? you know how theres a "Go see the Curator on the Fleet" on the artifact gift fragments? they could have used that! but guess what, it was not made by the CM Team, you are so desperate to prove your broken point that you are starting to make stuff up, and I GAINED a lot OF INSIGHT about the Shroud by watching those and acording to people theres 5 more to come, i dont care if you keep making up stuff like "oh its there to give a choice of a item bla bla bla", its Story and its place is in the game OUTSIDE the CM, or do you want them to also sell companion quests?.

First off your first several run on sentences there make absolutely no sense. And you can disagree with me all ya like but it doesn't change the fact that its just not story content. It's not a quest, it doesn't start a quest, it doesn't end a quest, and its only in the tracker so it lights your way like the North Star to the turn in point so even the geographically challenged can find their way there and get their choice of now two static items. If you are that bent out of shape about something that's inconsequential and not required for anything then don't buy them, stop playing, yell at the top of your lungs, or what ever you're going to do its still not going to change what is or was and that's just the fact jack.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Hyfy's Avatar


Hyfy
06.18.2013 , 06:20 PM | #282
Quote: Originally Posted by Dokar View Post
So you never retell stories to your family?

So once I play through a planetary story once it ceases to be story because I have already done it?
That's not what I said. You are trying to claim a first telling of a story is a recap. A recap is parts of a subject that are reapproached. And like I said at worst for someone who hasn't done the Macrobinocs quest line this is a teaser.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Sohaim's Avatar


Sohaim
06.18.2013 , 06:21 PM | #283
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
First off your first several run on sentences there make absolutely no sense. And you can disagree with me all ya like but it doesn't change the fact that its just not story content. It's not a quest, it doesn't start a quest, it doesn't end a quest, and its only in the tracker so it lights your way like the North Star to the turn in point so even the geographically challenged can find their way there and get their choice of now two static items. If you are that bent out of shape about something that's inconsequential and not required for anything then don't buy them, stop playing, yell at the top of your lungs, or what ever you're going to do its still not going to change what is or was and that's just the fact jack.
i fixed it so you read again(typing without googles is bad), point is, its a Quest, its was made that way to be placed on the Packs to sell the story, that much is very clear, its made of 9 cubes that we know of it which means its a datalog on the Shroud, its in the tracker because its a quest, its has STORY, it does not end because it was broken into those damn cubes, and you please stop acting all hurt because no matter how much you make up stuff, or scream here in the forums, its not going to change the fact thats a quest line composed of 9 cutscenes, so enough, you are wrong and thats it, its Story content (Shroud Personal datalog) and it should not be in the Cartel Market, if the problem is to give you a choice of a item, they could have easily done the same way Gifts works, so go back see the Curator on the fleet, do a companion quest, and if you still dont see my point, well its your right.

Sohaim's Avatar


Sohaim
06.18.2013 , 06:25 PM | #284
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
It got put in the quest log so the location shows up your map so you know where to turn it in at. Especially given the limitations of the Hero engine it was probably the only way they could get it to show you on the map where to go with it. Just simply placing it in the tracker doesn't make it a quest. That's like saying " you see that duck sitting in the fish pond over there? Yep it's in the water so its a fish too."
OMG, did read my post? THEY DONT NEED TO GIVE YOU A CINEMATIC SO YOU CAN GET A BOOST ITEM, there can you read it now?jesus stop running away from the point, the Shourd datalogs(the freaking cubes) are THE SAME level of STORY content of a companion QUEST, if you want to DENY that, go ahead, but seriously stop with that whole tracker thing.

Dokar's Avatar


Dokar
06.18.2013 , 06:31 PM | #285
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
That's not what I said. You are trying to claim a first telling of a story is a recap. A recap is parts of a subject that are reapproached. And like I said at worst for someone who hasn't done the Macrobinocs quest line this is a teaser.
Is it a recap if you haven't done Makeb yet?

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
06.18.2013 , 11:26 PM | #286
Quote: Originally Posted by Dokar View Post
Is it a recap if you haven't done Makeb yet?
Nope. So the recap argument...FAILS!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

jamesvasquez's Avatar


jamesvasquez
06.19.2013 , 12:27 AM | #287
I am truly baffled by this. If it's in the quest log, which it is, it is a quest. Regardless of what the purpose is. If it has a cutscene, it's content. Regardless of the length of the cutscene. These datacubes are content. It may not be a significant amount for you to be concerned over, but it's enough for me to be concerned over. You can keep trying to flame me for having a legitimate concern and mentioning it and wanting a response, but you can't sit there and try to tell me that I'm wrong for feeling that way. I've stated multiple times that I love this game and that this is the only concern I've had since I've been playing. I don't see why you should result to insulting peoples' intelligence for having concerns that may be different from yours. How else do you expect a game to grow? Are we supposed to keep silent and hope that things don't go in the direction we are afraid of? If you have a problem with some constructive criticism, maybe you should try avoiding life. I did it politely. I explained my reasoning. You, in turn, decided to continue to insult and flame. Which seems like a more reasonable approach to you?
Fanboy for life!!!!!!

jamesvasquez's Avatar


jamesvasquez
06.19.2013 , 12:36 AM | #288
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
It got put in the quest log so the location shows up your map so you know where to turn it in at. Especially given the limitations of the Hero engine it was probably the only way they could get it to show you on the map where to go with it. Just simply placing it in the tracker doesn't make it a quest. That's like saying " you see that duck sitting in the fish pond over there? Yep it's in the water so its a fish too."
That's a poor comparison but I'll let it go. It doesn't just fall under the tracker. It falls under the quest log. Thus, it is a quest. When achievements fall under the tracker, they don't also show up on the quest log. Only quests do. QUESTS. Yes, it's there to show you where to go. That doesn't turn it magically into not a quest. You keep trying to take this apart, but you're not giving any reason as to how something in the quest log (not the tracker, the QUEST LOG) is not a quest.
Fanboy for life!!!!!!

Soluss's Avatar


Soluss
06.19.2013 , 02:45 AM | #289
1. Does it appear in the quest log? check
2. Do you have to travel from point A to point B? check
3. Does it have a cutscene? check
4. Does it have a reward? check

Yep, its a quest.

Not that I really care, im just saying. It is indeed a quest now matter how you cut it.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Caelrie's Avatar


Caelrie
06.19.2013 , 02:49 AM | #290
Why are you guys still going round and round about this? Bioware already said they won't do this again.