Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Encrypted Datacube: Story content in the cartel market?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Encrypted Datacube: Story content in the cartel market?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Hyfy's Avatar


Hyfy
06.16.2013 , 08:36 AM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
It IS story content. I has a cut scene. It is obtained via the Cartel Market gambling box and it is NOT aesthetic or cosmetic.

To not be willing to call it content is a "head in the sand" attitude that will lead to more and more non-cosmetic, non-aesthetic content ending up in the cash market.

Business can make money, but they also owe it to the customers to treat said customers fairly and with respect. Not going back on your word, not attempting to gouge every last cent, not treating the dedicated customer like garbage...these are what successful businesses do. As a customer, I vote with my wallet. My vote has been quite clear since I will not drop one more dime on this game outside of my subscription fee until EA/BW starts putting as much effort into content as they do the cartel market. Until Op's gear and crafted gear once again gets the same artistic attention as the cartel market gear and until EA/BW lives up to their own words and only puts aesthetic and cosmetic items into the CM, my money stays in my wallet. Especially until EA/BW lives up to their word and treats subscribers better than they have been.

Which is a shame, since initially I would spend an additional 40 to 80 bucks a month on CC. That is money EA/BW will not see simply because of the way they are treating every other aspect of the game that isn't related to the Cartel Market.

But I digress. Please continue to defend EA/BW's practices under the pretense that it's "good business" and ignore the alarming trend without raising your voice in concern. And by all means, keep dumping money into gambling packs for a chance at a few new cosmetics amid the sea of re-skinned items and encourage EA/BW to continue to "phone it in" instead of actually putting money to work by fixing the long term bugs, adding support to missions outside of the class story arcs and all of the other things successful MMO's do to keep customers and add new ones...

It is NOT story content. That's noot a head in the sand mentality, that's being rational and looking at it for what it is.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

Grayseven's Avatar


Grayseven
06.16.2013 , 08:43 AM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
It is NOT story content. That's noot a head in the sand mentality, that's being rational and looking at it for what it is.
It is story content. It has nothing to do with aesthetics or customization. That's being realistic, rational and seeing what it actually is. Pull your head out and look at what is happening and where it can lead.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

Kajuratus's Avatar


Kajuratus
06.16.2013 , 08:55 AM | #213
+1 signed, for fear of what will happen in the future
Bring back Jaesa, then I'll bother doing KOTFE on my Marauder
Also #RemoveRNG

CommanderKeeva's Avatar


CommanderKeeva
06.16.2013 , 09:00 AM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
Jesus you are daft. Well then just cry some more and leave the game if it bothers you hat much. Go on cry like a hormonal teenage girl because if you can't recognize that the data cubes are NOT story content then no amount of trying to rationally explain it to you will do any good. I am not going to waste anymore time trying to slow the bus down for you so you can catch up with the rest of the kids.
Go ahead, keep insulting people in this thread. It will not make your argument valid nor will it make the issue any less relevant. I gave plenty of explanations and reasons why these are quests and why these can be considered story content.

We can agree to disagree but personal insults won't make an argument valid.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

tanerb's Avatar


tanerb
06.16.2013 , 09:05 AM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
It is NOT story content. That's noot a head in the sand mentality, that's being rational and looking at it for what it is.
how about you stop spamming and telling people what their opinions are?

Soluss's Avatar


Soluss
06.16.2013 , 09:42 AM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by Snapsix View Post
The boo hoo is strong in this thread...

1. It's a short cutscene that you can watch on YouTube for free.
2. The only 'content' it gives you is 50k credits at the end of the scene.
3. I sold mine on the GTN for more than four times that amount......suits me lol
You can watch the entire game on YouTube for free.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Soluss's Avatar


Soluss
06.16.2013 , 09:44 AM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
Jesus you are daft. Well then just cry some more and leave the game if it bothers you hat much. Go on cry like a hormonal teenage girl because if you can't recognize that the data cubes are NOT story content then no amount of trying to rationally explain it to you will do any good. I am not going to waste anymore time trying to slow the bus down for you so you can catch up with the rest of the kids.
You have a right to your opinion. Everyone else has a right to their opinion. You DO NOT have the right to insult people because your opinion differs.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Sohaim's Avatar


Sohaim
06.16.2013 , 10:29 AM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
...
thats it for me, you are blind and keep offending other people, its STORY, there is a guy telling stuff connected to Makeb, so its Lore, they did no hired the Shroud Voice actor just to give you a choice over a item, they could have sent you to a freaking turning box, so please enough, it has lore and cutscenes, ITS STORY and you are the one crying here
its story no matter what you say or do, it does not need to lead to actual big stuff to be story content, READ what YOU POST, and thats it for me i will no longer reply to you, because its pointless.

Sohaim's Avatar


Sohaim
06.16.2013 , 10:31 AM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
You have a right to your opinion. Everyone else has a right to their opinion. You DO NOT have the right to insult people because your opinion differs.
he/she has no argument at all, thats why he/she keeps telling everyone is crying, when in fact he/she is the one going crazy, crying because we are here showing our feedback.

Tremed's Avatar


Tremed
06.16.2013 , 10:34 AM | #220
Gezz I guess no one remembers that sub were promised free access to all the races as well but look at Cathars. This is EA were talking about, the people who created, "We are going to charge you for content you already bought." remember?