Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Encrypted Datacube: Story content in the cartel market?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Encrypted Datacube: Story content in the cartel market?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jamesvasquez
06.13.2013 , 08:08 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
I am all for giving BioWare money (and I do so each month), but I fear that this could lead to having to buy all quests in CM, thus almost rendering sub even more useless to some. I simply state that we must let them know we are not ok with them putting CONTENT on Cartel Market. Fluff is ok, content is not.

Yes, I do apologize for that outburst, but your suggestions like this one (not P2W = cool on CM) or your idea on chairs on ships (there are maybe 3 chairs in cockpit) are very dumb and show remarkable lack of insight.
That wasn't really less insulting... or childish... just saying.
Fanboy for life!!!!!!

jamesvasquez
06.13.2013 , 08:11 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Keep drinking the koolaid son. If you honestly believe that the $ from this game is being reinvested into it, I dare you to show me a SINGLE reason you believe that. It's not true. The $ from this game goes to EA. EA develops the NEXT game. SWTOR is on a fixed budget, no matter what income it produces.

This is most clearly content delivered via the CM. To claim anything else is just ignorant or a lie.
Don't really need your help to support a legitimate concern. Your hatred of SWTOR and "the sky is falling" attitude have been well-documented. Thanks for not adding anything useful to any conversation.
Fanboy for life!!!!!!

Reno_Tarshil
06.13.2013 , 08:19 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
I am all for giving BioWare money (and I do so each month), but I fear that this could lead to having to buy all quests in CM, thus almost rendering sub even more useless to some. I simply state that we must let them know we are not ok with them putting CONTENT on Cartel Market. Fluff is ok, content is not.

Yes, I do apologize for that outburst, but your suggestions like this one (not P2W = cool on CM) or your idea on chairs on ships (there are maybe 3 chairs in cockpit) are very dumb and show remarkable lack of insight.
There are actually 6 chairs in the cockpit. More than enough for a full part of 4. You might think my ideas are "dumb" but at least I provided proof of an already in-game solution to the chair issue and all it costs you is however long it takes to finish coruscant on a Jedi toon.

SithKoriandr
06.13.2013 , 08:30 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
As they said, VA is easy, but Q&A'ing many different diverging paths is not. Recording a single stream of dialogue from one VA versues 16 character voices and 40 companion voices interacting with one another with diverging conversation paths is like the difference between microwaving a hot pocket and cooking up an entire banquet for a large party. You're arguing that the one person who threw the hot pocket in the microwave is interfering with the banquet.
No, I'm saying the one person who threw the hot pocket in the microwave should've been helping with the banquet instead of bothering with the microwave, as that one person would've saved time on making the banquet.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

jamesvasquez
06.13.2013 , 08:35 AM | #105
There's a banquet?
Fanboy for life!!!!!!

TUXs
06.13.2013 , 08:40 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by jamesvasquez View Post
Don't really need your help to support a legitimate concern. Your hatred of SWTOR and "the sky is falling" attitude have been well-documented. Thanks for not adding anything useful to any conversation.
Thanks for being a fan! As for me hating this game, you're incorrect. I love this game...if I didn't, I wouldn't care about it's development or bother posting anything, nor would I have a sub or two for it.

I'm also not sure what you'd like me to add that would be "useful"?! Do you think Bioware will listen to me? I post my opinions, the same as anyone else. They often include what "I" would like as well as support of other players desires, even on things that don't effect me in the least - like chairs...I couldn't care less if we ever have chairs we can sit in...but I can understand why other players would and I think it's a legitimate desire. Every other MMO I've played has had things players could sit in...I think it's a very reasonable request/expectation here.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

ikinai
06.13.2013 , 08:49 AM | #107
Let me just say, some of you may think of me as a superfangirly type of poster and such, which I probably am. But i have to agree, this is idiotic. That little interlude with the Shroud should be available without having to get a super secret datacube from a CM pack. Now, that being said having gotten one of those datacubes, I can say I don't even remember what the Shroud said, I just wanted the credit boom. So um, I have a suggestion to make. Change the cube to give a credit boom and one of the two XP bonus' and dispense with the trip to Nar Shaddaa.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

jamesvasquez
06.13.2013 , 09:08 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Thanks for being a fan! As for me hating this game, you're incorrect. I love this game...if I didn't, I wouldn't care about it's development or bother posting anything, nor would I have a sub or two for it.

I'm also not sure what you'd like me to add that would be "useful"?! Do you think Bioware will listen to me? I post my opinions, the same as anyone else. They often include what "I" would like as well as support of other players desires, even on things that don't effect me in the least - like chairs...I couldn't care less if we ever have chairs we can sit in...but I can understand why other players would and I think it's a legitimate desire. Every other MMO I've played has had things players could sit in...I think it's a very reasonable request/expectation here.
I apologize for speaking prematurely then. I just never see you saying anything positive about the game at all.
Fanboy for life!!!!!!

LordArtemis
06.13.2013 , 09:11 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by jamesvasquez View Post
I apologize for speaking prematurely then. I just never see you saying anything positive about the game at all.
In all fairness I have seen TUX speak well of the game and suggestions on more than one occasion.

Shornboy
06.13.2013 , 09:17 AM | #110
I agree with the op, this is sickening, im already paying for content with a sub and through buying vanity items and armor sets, what's the point in putting story content in the cash shop when so little content was contributed with patch 2.2.

I was under the impression after 2.1 bioware received a severe scolding from the community about the lack of game content we recieved, and patch 2.2 would bring us what we wanted. All we got was more cash shop stuff and the same raid rehashed for the 4th time?. Putting story content in the Cartel market, no matter how small, is a slap in the face.