Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Guards Nightmare overtuned

DkSharktooth
06.12.2013 , 07:13 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by iRedRIng View Post
Just another example of how pve in this game is an afterthought and how this game is based around leveling and RPing. With the legacy buffs giving better quality of life to new players and alts of veterans and with constant cartel packs being released to help people invest time in their role play, I can see how Bioware doesn't have the time to invest into end game content. Quite frankly, most people realize they should move onto another game by the time they get there and all of you should have too by now.

Sincerely

Somnoms
Nope. Game is based around cartel market now. Money Talks.

OneShotXV
06.12.2013 , 07:41 PM | #102
Edit: Wrong place sorry :/ had too many different threads open and posted in the wrong one lol

But now that I'm here, has anyone tried the other three? i.e. skipped guards? How are they?
<Chosen>
Skyfll - Sniper
Izz - Marauder
Hlo - Sorcerer

Codename_Zero
06.12.2013 , 07:49 PM | #103
This thread is utterly fascinating.

Korse
06.12.2013 , 07:51 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by FridgeLM View Post
Hey look another person who hasn't tried it thinks it's fine and the best guilds in the game need to l2p.
Do I think it's fine that it may not be possible to defeat a Nightmare difficulty raid on the first day wearing only the previous tier of gear? Absolutely. It was disappointing to beat S&V HM wearing just 63s in the first lockout. I would prefer progression content that takes time.
Characters
Spoiler

manchusabre
06.12.2013 , 07:58 PM | #105
Why do I feel like bioware doesn't play this game?

mastirkal
06.12.2013 , 08:15 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Korse View Post
Do I think it's fine that it may not be possible to defeat a Nightmare difficulty raid on the first day wearing only the previous tier of gear? Absolutely. It was disappointing to beat S&V HM wearing just 63s in the first lockout. I would prefer progression content that takes time.
The content is meant to be balanced for full 72. So what exactly do you mean here?

Korse
06.12.2013 , 08:29 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
The content is meant to be balanced for full 72. So what exactly do you mean here?
Where did they detail Nightmare balance? Is that an assumption because it drops 75 gear, therefore you're supposed to be wearing full 72?

I find everyone annoying because they all seem to be the best guilds in the world and expect to clear all of the new content in hours. **** and stop acting entitled. It's better hard and overtuned than the first group in "wins." I would prefer that every single fight in the game scaled with the difficulty of 16M EC NM Tanks. That was a great fight that everyone whined into nerfdom.
Characters
Spoiler

Gyronamics
06.12.2013 , 09:26 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryvirath View Post
Epic, just epic. Get better. You can't deal with the content in one day? Try harder the next day.
All new content must be clearable on the first day so we can get it on farm and abuse swaps between 8m and 16m to maximise drops for mains by filling in multiple 8m raids with undergeared alts instead of wasting our time having to wipe over and over and over trying to get the loot.

Bioware tricked us by making us think 8m nightmare live was going to be a row of loot piatas as it was on PTS.

Notwired @ Not Good Enough @ TRE

Bombbuster
06.12.2013 , 09:54 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by jjent View Post
Has anyone actually screwed their lockout and moved onto Op9 and beyond to see if that content is indeed even "doable"?? Or is it just a mute point ATM as a "BROKEN" instance??
That would probably be a mistake, since the bug on the last boss (that was reported repeatedly during PTS ) where his health jumps back up to 32% when tantrum hits, has now been reported on live in both story and hard modes. I'd wager that it's present in nightmare as well, making that fight also impossible.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zo: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

e_nk_ay
06.12.2013 , 10:06 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by jjent View Post
Has anyone actually screwed their lockout and moved onto Op9 and beyond to see if that content is indeed even "doable"?? Or is it just a mute point ATM as a "BROKEN" instance??
Yes, we did. After 4 hours on DG and several 30-40% wipes on Kelsara we called the raid this morning and came back tonight. Did HM DG, 4 shot NiM Operator and best attempt on Kephess was 4%, should kill it tomorrow.

Op9 and Kephess are definitely tuned well, we enjoyed those fights.
<Death and Taxes>
Enkay - 55 Juggernaut, GM
Enque - 55 Mercenary Nkay - 55 Marauder Enkaye - 55 Assassin Enkayy - 55 Commando