Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Playable race

Doggfrizza
06.12.2013 , 02:26 AM | #1
Good day community,

Last day I was talking with my brother about the old Star wars games we used to play, and one of the games we discussed was: Star Jedi knight Academy.
We really loved this game, and now we enjoy this one(SWTOR).

I had a suggestion for a playable race wich imo will look awesome.
Was thinking of the Kel'dor Race.
The species like Plo-koon.
I loved them back in JKA, And would love it if that species was playable in SWTOR.
For those who have no idea what a Kel'dor species is I will provide a link with info.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kel_Dor

What are your thoughts about it and how if you would like it aswell.

Regards, Adam

LyulfLykaios
06.12.2013 , 01:06 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Doggfrizza View Post
Good day community,

Last day I was talking with my brother about the old Star wars games we used to play, and one of the games we discussed was: Star Jedi knight Academy.
We really loved this game, and now we enjoy this one(SWTOR).

I had a suggestion for a playable race wich imo will look awesome.
Was thinking of the Kel'dor Race.
The species like Plo-koon.
I loved them back in JKA, And would love it if that species was playable in SWTOR.
For those who have no idea what a Kel'dor species is I will provide a link with info.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kel_Dor

What are your thoughts about it and how if you would like it aswell.

Regards, Adam
Kel'Dor would be a fun species to play, that & Shistavanen.

iprice
06.12.2013 , 01:28 PM | #3
I was VERY disappointed that this race was not playable from the beginning. It should definetly be the next race added. I would pay to change many of my characters to this. At first i thought it would be difficult to do with the voice change but there are many masks in game already that modulate your voice all that would need to be done is to add this effect at all times on keldor.

Kuronan
06.12.2013 , 01:35 PM | #4
I don't remember the specific article, but Bioware has already stated only kissable races will be playable. That automatically excludes Keldor as a race due to their inability to take off the mask.
The Estimare Legacy
Silence to Evil is Compliance, Arguing and Fighting is Defiance, and I am as baneful an opponent as I am loyal a companion.
We, the roleplayers, need this.

Kantoro
06.12.2013 , 07:35 PM | #5
Droid race > all.
Stupid should be painful.
Thorns shall not bar my path, I am the Thornwalker.

Darth_Moonshadow
06.12.2013 , 07:49 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
Droid race > all.
Droids are not a species. They are machines. Stop talking to Legion, they have no idea what they are talking about.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

swtonewbie
06.12.2013 , 09:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuronan View Post
I don't remember the specific article, but Bioware has already stated only kissable races will be playable. That automatically excludes Keldor as a race due to their inability to take off the mask.
only kissable...

I read some of the reasons a few days ago and 'romanceable' was the term used. But when you say only races that are kissable...that makes me want to throw kittens and puppies out the window.

I've been playing since early release and i didnt try the NPC romance thing until a month or so ago. I found it as awkward and corny as i though it would be and i havent played that toon since. I'm actually really disappointed that this is one of the reasons we wont be getting new races. I know there are probably other reasons, limitation of the game engine VO/quest system and all that.

It all just makes me wonder when they were in the initial planning phase how far and how long they intended SWTOR to last. Did they think we werent going to ask for new races or classes?
I'm not really a noob...

Izorii
06.13.2013 , 12:18 AM | #8
I really hope they make Kel'dor playable. Kinda hope they are 1 of the 3 species they are talking looking at for the next playable species. Although I am also suprised they are only adding a single new species.

Personal I am not sure why a new species is so hard to add. They dont re do story, dialog or anything else its just a re-skin and its not like we dont have millions of clipping issues already so its not like it has to be perfect.

mikeskirata
06.14.2013 , 09:57 AM | #9
I think maybe duros, trandoshan, wookie, or the species that yoda is that would be fun
or better yet a gungan

Thokmar
07.01.2013 , 05:18 AM | #10
Its Starwars if anything they should slowly add practicly all races that have a visual concept as playable, wether for actul gameplay or just for those who simply would like to roleplay as a certain species, hell give me a simple Keleesh model that can support a basic set of clothing such as gand. The trooper already has Yuun if a NPC can exsist then theres no reason the players cant use the same model right cliping shouldn't be a problem its already there in the game and it already works as a npc just throw in some customization options and let us play it. I'd love to play as a Keleesh like the sith inq. companion and , i know if its there it will have some restrictions but honestly most MMOs dont have a amazing huge veriaty of character creation anyways. I rest my case thats my opinion.