Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Can we get a target date for 2.2.1?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we get a target date for 2.2.1?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Feztonio's Avatar


Feztonio
06.12.2013 , 01:09 PM | #21
I couldn't give less of a flying ---- about acheivements. I merely want to consolidate the toons which are scattered across the SWTOR landscape due to the server merges and destination server fiasco of a year ago. you just did and still are giving free transfers to the APAC servers even with the acheivement system as-is. *** !?!?! LET ME GIVE YOU MORE OF MY MONEY ON TOP OF MY SUBSCRIPTION... I WANT TO PAY YOU I don't understand why this is difficult.

I am amazed as always while delaying 2.2 a day and then still not getting transfers sorted out that there was a new pack able to be added to the Cartel Market.. glad to see the priorities are where they should be.

one additional criticism.. you guys had the time to be posting on FB and twitter all day tuesday with silly polls and "which companion is better than what other companion" when you shouldve been working on fixing the issues with 2.2 I know if i miss a deadline at work, but then am playing around on FB my boss would skin me alive and then keep my skull as a trophy like the Predator.
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

JaceMatai's Avatar


JaceMatai
06.12.2013 , 01:17 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by feztonio View Post
i couldn't give less of a flying ---- about acheivements. I merely want to consolidate the toons which are scattered across the swtor landscape due to the server merges and destination server fiasco of a year ago. You just did and still are giving free transfers to the apac servers even with the acheivement system as-is. *** !?!?! let me give you more of my money on top of my subscription... I want to pay you i don't understand why this is difficult.

I am amazed as always while delaying 2.2 a day and then still not getting transfers sorted out that there was a new pack able to be added to the cartel market.. Glad to see the priorities are where they should be.

One additional criticism.. You guys had the time to be posting on fb and twitter all day tuesday with silly polls and "which companion is better than what other companion" when you shouldve been working on fixing the issues with 2.2 i know if i miss a deadline at work, but then am playing around on fb my boss would skin me alive and then keep my skull as a trophy like the predator.
Every. Word. Of. This.

Andar's Avatar


Andar
06.12.2013 , 01:20 PM | #23
I wonder how shareholders feel about less revenue because said developer(s) failed to meet a deadline.
Resilience / Po5
Hostile Takeover

Rankyn's Avatar


Rankyn
06.12.2013 , 01:22 PM | #24
I want to move some characters and there's no way I'd be willing to lose my achievements to do it.
I worked hard for a lot of them and I want to keep them.
They are a not-insignificant portion of my gameplay.

JaceMatai's Avatar


JaceMatai
06.12.2013 , 01:27 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
I want to move some characters and there's no way I'd be willing to lose my achievements to do it.
I worked hard for a lot of them and I want to keep them.
They are a not-insignificant portion of my gameplay.
They could simply release the transfers for the people who don't give one about the achievements with the Caution that they would bug your achievements so you guys can wait untill whenever the **** they're going to release them. SIMPLE AS THAT BIOWARE.

Rankyn's Avatar


Rankyn
06.12.2013 , 01:29 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JaceMatai View Post
They could simply release the transfers for the people who don't give one about the achievements with the Caution that they would bug your achievements so you guys can wait untill whenever the **** they're going to release them. SIMPLE AS THAT BIOWARE.
And then be deluged with help tickets from people that didn't see the warning or didn't fully understand it or thought that they didn't care but do now.

Seriously, you haven't been able to transfer a character for a year and a half... waiting a couple more weeks while they fix the system isn't going to kill you.

MasterFryman's Avatar


MasterFryman
06.12.2013 , 01:31 PM | #27
6 months = Dead.

I am always hesitant to claim this, however, this is the worst case of "ignore the people" i have ever seen. People are running away in flocks. There will always be a base of people playing, however, with the road they are going down, there will be empty servers and a non-existent qty of SUBS in no time flat.

Too much competition and too many other games with just the core basic features this game lacks and has no interest at all in implementing. They were doing server transfers a year ago, and are doing it to date. The worst thing about blowing smoke saying you can't do something, is not even try to hide to fact that you can.

Server Transfer FAIL!!! even worse, you wont even say when you will make it available... "possibly in 2.2.1 but maybe not"

Famous BioWare Quote "We are looking into it, it is something we want to do. However we do not have a time when it will be available"

Every single player is tired of hearing this nonsense. Oh hey look more Cartel Market stuff...

JaceMatai's Avatar


JaceMatai
06.12.2013 , 01:38 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
And then be deluged with help tickets from people that didn't see the warning or didn't fully understand it or thought that they didn't care but do now.

Seriously, you haven't been able to transfer a character for a year and a half... waiting a couple more weeks while they fix the system isn't going to kill you.
If they make the frikkin' caution they make it big and click a "Help" button right next to it for further explanation. It's really very simple.

Rankyn's Avatar


Rankyn
06.12.2013 , 01:41 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JaceMatai View Post
If they make the frikkin' caution they make it big and click a "Help" button right next to it for further explanation. It's really very simple.
If it was simple, that's how they'd have done it.

EnzoForMe's Avatar


EnzoForMe
06.12.2013 , 01:43 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I just posted here, the current target date for 2.2.1 is 6/25. One thing I wanted to stress is that it is not a guarantee that transfers will be in 2.2.1. It is our goal to get them to all of you as fast as we can as a part of 2.2.1, but we will not release it until it is working correctly.

-eric
You better figure this out before the end of August. The interns in Austin who program this game will have to go back to college around that time.
Caprica<Hakuna Matata> <LD50>