Hi, I'm new to tanking and wondering about which armor to use...

The-Logician

Hi.

This is my first time tanking and I decided to make a Sith Assassin. I love the feel of the class and its role! What I'm wondering is if I should focus more on endurance or willpower. I've been getting conflicting answers from what I've read on the forums and from people in the game. I certainly understand the advantages of favoring endurance over willpower and vice versa, but which will be more beneficial to a Sith Assassin as a class and more importantly, as a tank? Should I go for a balance of the stats, like getting armoring that enhances endurance more while equipping mods that enhance willpower more?

Thanks in advance.:)

The basic idea is mitigation stats (abs,def,shld) > endurance > willpower.

Talking about armorings; you should get high endurance ones. More endurance slightly increases your self heals and gives healers some room to keep you alive. As assassin tanks are gods of building threat you don't really need to stack extra amount of willpower.

But on the other hand; high mitigation mods have lower endurance and higher willpower and there's nothing you can do about it. Always go for the stuff that has higher mitigation stats. That should be your priority. There are really good guides here on this forums to see what's the ideal mitigation stats distribution.

Edited by feelingtheblanks

The basic idea is mitigation stats (abs,def,shld) > endurance > willpower.

Talking about armorings; you should get high endurance ones. More endurance slightly increases your self heals and gives healers some room to keep you alive. As assassin tanks are gods of building threat you don't really need to stack extra amount of willpower.

But on the other hand; high mitigation mods have lower endurance and higher willpower and there's nothing you can do about it. Always go for the stuff that has higher mitigation stats. That should be your priority. There are really good guides here on this forums to see what's the ideal mitigation stats distribution.

Thanks. I appreciate the advice and I have applied it for my tank character. Needless to say, my tank is very effective now. :)