Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Archonís Contraband Pack

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ymotobuck
06.20.2013 , 10:32 PM | #141
anyone else notice that a credit boon is shown as a possible award for doing the encrypted datacube mission from the packs, but not given as a selectable award? or did I miss this being posted in the thread due to skipping to the last page

idnewton
06.20.2013 , 10:37 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Ymotobuck View Post
anyone else notice that a credit boon is shown as a possible award for doing the encrypted datacube mission from the packs, but not given as a selectable award? or did I miss this being posted in the thread due to skipping to the last page
You're a little behind on news I think It was already added, then removed due to exploits.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 19 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 DREAD FORTRESS PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

Ymotobuck
06.20.2013 , 10:40 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
You're a little behind on news I think It was already added, then removed due to exploits.
dang, then they should at least remove it from the preview of the possible rewards

idnewton
06.20.2013 , 10:56 PM | #144
dang, then they should at least remove it from the preview of the possible rewards
Agreed.

SweetsPatogga
06.21.2013 , 11:33 AM | #145
That whole thing was a very hasty, sloppy, ill thought out band aid to fix an exploit that imo wasn't much of an exploit anyway since it was usable only once per character and required leveling new characters enough to get to Nar Shaddaa (ie you can't just keep making an army of characters grab the money and delete; it took substantial time and effort to get there).

No bothering to try to replace that reward with something else that level 55 players could use, no updating the preview info. Heck they won't even change the XP boost to be bind to legacy so we can at least send it to our alts.

The whole thing was just not thought out very well or tested very extensively prior to publish because they should have looked for exploits like that. The knee jerk reaction 'fix' taking something away without replacing it with something else or making it very clear in the desc that you know longer get that reward was not handled very well either.

I realize this is going to tick some people off and call it QQ or whatever. That's fine. People can think what they want. I'm usually pretty tolerant of changes and I really don't like complaining about this game but the whole removing credit booms from the datacubes was handled very, very poorly in my humble opinion.

psykhx
06.24.2013 , 08:15 AM | #146
While plenty of these cartel items - armors, crystals etc, mostly - are an enjoyment, would be much more enjoyable to feel that you are able to first make things such as the server transfers work, or address issues such as server lags, before bringing an overpriced cartel pack after another. We still pay for this game (well, many of us do), and perhaps I'm just sol with my login times or whatever, but lately even the basic things haven't always worked nowhere near properly... but yay, at least we have more cartel packs!
Everyone sees who you seem to be but few know you. -Machiavelli

idnewton
06.24.2013 , 08:55 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by psykhx View Post
While plenty of these cartel items - armors, crystals etc, mostly - are an enjoyment, would be much more enjoyable to feel that you are able to first make things such as the server transfers work, or address issues such as server lags, before bringing an overpriced cartel pack after another. We still pay for this game (well, many of us do), and perhaps I'm just sol with my login times or whatever, but lately even the basic things haven't always worked nowhere near properly... but yay, at least we have more cartel packs!
Different devs. Doesn't work like that. You can't tell your CM devs to halt progress on a new pack, google how to make server transfers happen (because they have no idea) and make it happen.

clearsighted
06.26.2013 , 05:30 PM | #148
The amount of worthless crap fluff included in the Archon set, just to provide a greater range of RNG to screw people with, like the Huttball armors, and the worst offender of the Ulgo costume, has caused me to stop buying cartel packs entirely. I'll just get what I want off the GTN.

Mertaal
06.27.2013 , 06:21 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Inzuher View Post
Soo... One question. Why did you bother adding a chair if you were going to make it useless to role-players by making it a 10 second animation? I mean, do you seriously think anyone else but the roleplaying community is going to care about a chair?
QFT

In fact, this needs its own thread.

Mertaal
06.27.2013 , 06:40 AM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Mertaal View Post
QFT

In fact, this needs its own thread.

Correction! There is one, although strangely, with no replies...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...74#post6480474