Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PETITION] Please Buff Rewards Gained From Warzones! Stop Punishing Your PvP'ers!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[PETITION] Please Buff Rewards Gained From Warzones! Stop Punishing Your PvP'ers!

Pearlie
06.11.2013 , 04:06 PM | #21
/signed

MitchPB
06.11.2013 , 04:08 PM | #22
/signed

PVE'res are getiing new content faster than a drunk at an open bar. Time to give some PVP'ers some love.
<BOG> <Concept>

Maelael
06.11.2013 , 04:22 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MrJurgens View Post

Don't worry. I know you're not insulting me. This is just a intelligent discussion.

Those stats you provided me on how much these mats are worth are relevant to your server, but I don't know how it works on my server. Also, you know this stuff because you're a crafter. I'm not. I don't know how the market works with crafting, and the reason why I'm not willing to do it is because I have lost a huge profit two times in the past with the GTN. I don't want to waste my credits on these mats, and I'd prefer that BW provide better rewards for PvP so we can grind it out that way.

In PvE, it's way faster and a lot easier. You have the base missions, the bonus missions, the loot from mobs, etc. They have more content which makes it exponentially easier for them to do all this. Not only that, but they can farm mats in the Open World while doing their dailies. PvP'ers can do the same thing, but it can and may involve some form of PvE, which is something we'd prefer not to do. We'd rather stay away from the scripted fights and make the credits our own way, and grind for profits the way that compliments our play style.

Crafting really doesn't compliment a PvP'ers play style, and neither does going in the Open World to farm those mats.
Yea I don't farm em in open world, I just hit the missions. Although, if you have NOTHING to do while waiting on the Queue and you have all your datacrons, Makeb is easy profit from mats.

But you are right, its hand over foot profit and money insanity comparing PvE to PvP. Like I said I can get behind that, but you *can* make money just fine while pvping with crafting is my point. You don't even waste credits, if you upload the stuff into the GTN after 30 minutes they sell for profit almost instantly at times.

Go look up Turadium and Mythra prices on your server (Much better profit than Artifact). Write em down on quanities and price. Board PM me later. I can give you a 5 minute convo on how to make money at 450 Scavenging literally and figuratively in your sleep. Same works for Biochem mats, I just haven't gotten that toon up high enough level yet to give concrete numbers. I kid you not, I made over 1 mil last week from ONE crafting mat type.

Quote: Originally Posted by MrJurgens View Post
This still happens? Are you stuck at launch?

Please provide screenshots or something on how this still happens. Ever since the AFKing in Warzones was fixed a long time ago, I've never seen anyone AFK for a full match.
They don't stay at spawn.

They just kinda move every couple of minutes off in a corner or at a capped node. They don't even fight when attacked. They don't respond in Ops or whisper. This is most prevalent on Tue & Wed on BC as people are just doing dailies/weeklies. It's really annoying. With the rate that BW chases down blatant hackers with multiple reports and video, I figured this would be so bottom of the barrel it's not even worth the 60 seconds it takes to make a ticket.

Aehgo
06.11.2013 , 04:25 PM | #24
agree

DJEmir
06.11.2013 , 04:42 PM | #25
If you were really wanting to up your PVP game you would actually do at the very least a few OPS and flash points knowing you'd have an opportunity to pick up fast and strong rewards that will help you optimize your character and make you the credits needed for upgrades. Remember when One Eye is constantly fixed on the prize, there is only one eye left with which to to find the path. Also if you go through with at least one character to end of chapter 2 you get a boost that augments all your characters with that BUFF. This helps a lot if you die in PVP and no one is around to add those buffs back onto you. If you have team mates that tend to forget to rebuff upon death it helps to have all the buffs built into your character and buff yourself and others in one motion. Without all the buffs on it makes PVP a little harder if you go against a steroid induced team of Buffed players.

I personally took a small decrease in overall PVE gear to add in a few PVP mods to some of my gear and switch off gloves and lower robe when switching between the two environments. I don't often run into problems with NPC's as I do with PVP if I end up flagged for PVP so I like it a little more balanced for those surprise attacks while I'm trying to take on a boss as can happen on ILUM for instance after hitting the PVP area during a gree event etc. It's funny when they attack and you're like SURPRISE even at half health I still take you down and heal myself at the same time. I'm still waiting to get the ultimate gear and 30X Mods. I'm slowly getting there with the Ranked PVP comms.

DJEmir
06.11.2013 , 04:50 PM | #26
PS: Totally understand why you like PVP more, it is less predictable and sometimes more challenging. PVP is much like what is said by Han Solo in Star Wars "Good against remotes is one thing, good against the living..."

You will however get much better at PVP by also doing PVE and Vice versa those that only do one or the other will only stifle their skills and abilities. You also need this experience to at least find datacrons for your main character because at level 55 without anymore "Bolster" every little bit counts.

Praiden
06.11.2013 , 05:02 PM | #27
man crystals on your server are expensive it like 4k for 10 on our server
RUN FROM THE GLOWSTICKS
SWG Lowca
SWTOR Prophecy of the Five - Myirk 50 Happy Feet

Altheran
06.11.2013 , 05:22 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Maelael View Post
If you can't just take a few seconds every thirty minutes to refresh your gathering missions, and about 5 minutes a day to put everything in the GTN, the problem is you - not the game.

Seriously, 30k is all you need. You can make 100k-500k a night depending on crits and attention span while you warzone your brains out for a few hours. I do it, and made over a million in profit last week rather lazily.

I don't know why anyone would need over a million credits a week. Increased rewards would be nice, but it's no where near needed like the case you're making.
The problem is that the people who do PvE can do this as well. So the problem the OP is talking about PvPers' funds remains unchanged : PvPers earn less than PvEers.

In addition, I don't think the incomes from selling materials will remain high if everyone start to farm missions and sell the mats. The GTN would become overflown by these and they wouldn't sell at all. So no, this kind of solution isn't viable when the problem affects everyone, because its interrest becomes null if applied to everyone.

cashogy_reborn
06.11.2013 , 05:27 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
If warzones gave out 10000 credits each, then a lot of players would AFK warzones for credits.
which is why you implement a system based on participation: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=419461
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

TheCourier-
06.11.2013 , 05:54 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
which is why you implement a system based on participation: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=419461
I don't disagree with WZs giving out around 10000 credits per WZ. I was saying that the current WZ rewards system could be easily exploited.