Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[PETITION] Please Buff Rewards Gained From Warzones! Stop Punishing Your PvP'ers!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[PETITION] Please Buff Rewards Gained From Warzones! Stop Punishing Your PvP'ers!

Capote's Avatar


Capote
06.11.2013 , 03:07 PM | #11
I agree with you OP, but I don't think they read posts on PvP section.

MrJurgens's Avatar


MrJurgens
06.11.2013 , 03:14 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Maelael View Post
If you can't just take a few seconds every thirty minutes to refresh your gathering missions, and about 5 minutes a day to put everything in the GTN, the problem is you - not the game.

Seriously, 30k is all you need. You can make 100k-500k a night depending on crits and attention span while you warzone your brains out for a few hours. I do it, and made over a million in profit last week rather lazily.

I don't know why anyone would need over a million credits a week. Increased rewards would be nice, but it's no where near needed like the case you're making.
The cost outweighs the profit for me in crafting anyways. I play during the graveyard hours, so Warzone queues pop very slowly. I'd be losing more credits little by little. It wouldn't be noticed immediately, but as time goes on I'll keep losing credits until I sell all the mats or something. As for the mats, the mats are usually just the default ones and don't even go for much on the GTN.

As for the amount of credits needed, consider this variable: augmenting gear for better performance in PvP. Also, since I don't craft, I'd like to be able to afford buying the blue and powerful endgame stims to make my characters even stronger in PvP.

You're making utilizing the GTN and crafting sound so easy, when it's not. On top of that, it's not easy for someone who just wants to zealously PvP to try crafting, for only in the end, the attempt might end up costing them rather than being profitable.

TheCourier-'s Avatar


TheCourier-
06.11.2013 , 03:18 PM | #13
If warzones gave out 10000 credits each, then a lot of players would AFK warzones for credits.
Multiple characters on Pot5

Maelael's Avatar


Maelael
06.11.2013 , 03:24 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MrJurgens View Post
The cost outweighs the profit for me in crafting anyways. I play during the graveyard hours, so Warzone queues pop very slowly. I'd be losing more credits little by little. It wouldn't be noticed immediately, but as time goes on I'll keep losing credits until I sell all the mats or something. As for the mats, the mats are usually just the default ones and don't even go for much on the GTN.

As for the amount of credited needed, consider this variable: augmenting gear for better performance in PvP. Since I also don't craft, I'd like to be able to afford buying the blue and powerful endgame stims to make my characters even stronger in PvP.

You're making utilizing the GTN and crafting sound so easy, when it's not. On top of that, it's not easy for someone who just wants to zealously PvP to try crafting, for only in the end, the attempt might end up costing them rather than being profitable.
How? Seriously. Level 4-9 Artifacts and Compounds always return profit at bare bottom prices.

Example, level 9 compounds:
3-4k a Mission
Sells for 25k a 10 stack
6-10 return each mission

Even at oddball moments, or usual moments for Power Crystals and Metals, you're looking at 20k a 10 stack.

It's like, 7.5-10k profit at worst case scenario (Which is impossible as how the missions are rated, but whatever) every 30 minutes. x5: 37.5-50k Thats 75-100k an hour dude. Even if your server sells that stuff for half the price you're still basically looking at profit that should feed your need for any coin.

Honestly, if you're smart enough to PvP well, I don't see how you can't pull off selling crafting mats. I don't even mean that as an insult, it's just blunt honesty. PvP is WAY harder than doing an update every thirty minutes and matching the lowest or most reasonable price on a mat in the GTN.

Now where I can get behind you is time investment - because PvErs can do the same with crafting while making money hand over foot doing dailies and etc (Makeb/GSI dailies are amazing profit if you loot everything). That's a reasonable request - but saying you can't make any money at all is just nonsense to me.

(Reference wise, 2 hour stims are 25-50k each. You're still making a profit to augment out. Yes, its way easier and faster to do it in PvE though.)

Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
If warzones gave out 10000 credits each, then a lot of players would AFK warzones for credits.
While a valid concern, this already happens - a lot. lol.

Huckdabuck's Avatar


Huckdabuck
06.11.2013 , 03:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MrJurgens View Post
The cost outweighs the profit for me in crafting anyways. I play during the graveyard hours, so Warzone queues pop very slowly. I'd be losing more credits little by little. It wouldn't be noticed immediately, but as time goes on I'll keep losing credits until I sell all the mats or something. As for the mats, the mats are usually just the default ones and don't even go for much on the GTN.

As for the amount of credits needed, consider this variable: augmenting gear for better performance in PvP. Also, since I don't craft, I'd like to be able to afford buying the blue and powerful endgame stims to make my characters even stronger in PvP.

You're making utilizing the GTN and crafting sound so easy, when it's not. On top of that, it's not easy for someone who just wants to zealously PvP to try crafting, for only in the end, the attempt might end up costing them rather than being profitable.
I pvp as well but I just sucked it up and did the dailies inbetween queues until I had enough money to buy the augs/kits.

Burtlebe's Avatar


Burtlebe
06.11.2013 , 03:29 PM | #16
I agree that Warzones need to be a viable way to level both xp and credits. I have every advanced class created but still have 8 that haven't maxed yet and I honestly don't feel like PVEing my way to 55 on them. If the rewards for pure pvp leveling was raised it would for sure keep me busy and enjoying the game.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

ChewyYui's Avatar


ChewyYui
06.11.2013 , 03:37 PM | #17
How many petitions does it take to change a light bulb?

It doesn't matter, petitions never change anything
The Progenitor - The Alteric Legacy - Kira-chan

feefty's Avatar


feefty
06.11.2013 , 03:53 PM | #18
/signed
Cybox- Sniper
Exsodus- Mara
Feefty- Jugg
Tearsin- Gunslinger

Exly's Avatar


Exly
06.11.2013 , 04:01 PM | #19
/signed

MrJurgens's Avatar


MrJurgens
06.11.2013 , 04:03 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
If warzones gave out 10000 credits each, then a lot of players would AFK warzones for credits.
You do realize that there's an auto-boot if you don't move from the spawn area, correct? And even if players somehow just farmed 3+ medals, then sat hiding in an area, others would point out to boot the AFK exploiter from the WZ.

No one really utilizes the Warzone boot option, but the players would eventually adapt. Regardless, AFKing to exploit now is virtually impossible.

Quote: Originally Posted by Maelael View Post
How? Seriously. Level 4-9 Artifacts and Compounds always return profit at bare bottom prices.

Example, level 9 compounds:
3-4k a Mission
Sells for 25k a 10 stack
6-10 return each mission

Even at oddball moments, or usual moments for Power Crystals and Metals, you're looking at 20k a 10 stack.

It's like, 7.5-10k profit at worst case scenario (Which is impossible as how the missions are rated, but whatever) every 30 minutes. x5: 37.5-50k Thats 75-100k an hour dude. Even if your server sells that stuff for half the price you're still basically looking at profit that should feed your need for any coin.

Honestly, if you're smart enough to PvP well, I don't see how you can't pull off selling crafting mats. I don't even mean that as an insult, it's just blunt honesty. PvP is WAY harder than doing an update every thirty minutes and matching the lowest or most reasonable price on a mat in the GTN.

Now where I can get behind you is time investment - because PvErs can do the same with crafting while making money hand over foot doing dailies and etc (Makeb/GSI dailies are amazing profit if you loot everything). That's a reasonable request - but saying you can't make any money at all is just nonsense to me.

(Reference wise, 2 hour stims are 25-50k each. You're still making a profit to augment out. Yes, its way easier and faster to do it in PvE though.)
Don't worry. I know you're not insulting me. This is just a intelligent discussion.

Those stats you provided me on how much these mats are worth are relevant to your server, but I don't know how it works on my server. Also, you know this stuff because you're a crafter. I'm not. I don't know how the market works with crafting, and the reason why I'm not willing to do it is because I have lost a huge profit two times in the past with the GTN. I don't want to waste my credits on these mats, and I'd prefer that BW provide better rewards for PvP so we can grind it out that way.

In PvE, it's way faster and a lot easier. You have the base missions, the bonus missions, the loot from mobs, etc. They have more content which makes it exponentially easier for them to do all this. Not only that, but they can farm mats in the Open World while doing their dailies. PvP'ers can do the same thing, but it can and may involve some form of PvE, which is something we'd prefer not to do. We'd rather stay away from the scripted fights and make the credits our own way, and grind for profits the way that compliments our play style.

Crafting really doesn't compliment a PvP'ers play style, and neither does going in the Open World to farm those mats.

Quote: Originally Posted by Maelael View Post
While a valid concern, this already happens - a lot. lol.
This still happens? Are you stuck at launch?

Please provide screenshots or something on how this still happens. Ever since the AFKing in Warzones was fixed a long time ago, I've never seen anyone AFK for a full match.

Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
How many petitions does it take to change a light bulb?

It doesn't matter, petitions never change anything
Look at the "lol bolster" thread. Though the responses from the devs and Community Managers are sickening to look at, that garnered tons of responses for BW to finally take notice and acknowledge us for once.