Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should we save our TFB "Lock out"?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Should we save our TFB "Lock out"?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BigjoeHoe
06.11.2013 , 12:13 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Would you rather get into the nightmare mode, but be unable to finish it because it was bugged?
did you just not read one of the dev comments its not because of a big its because they put something extra in

Solar_Breeze
06.11.2013 , 12:28 PM | #22
It's an MMO there should be gear grind however it should be separated by content not by difficulty - For instance there harder the content the more you are rewarded but even with simpler content you should still be given rewards, just more slowly.

Solar_Breeze
06.11.2013 , 12:28 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by BigjoeHoe View Post
did you just not read one of the dev comments its not because of a big its because they put something extra in
If they put something extra in thats great news - It was too easy for a Nightmare worthy raid.

Kevcompman
06.11.2013 , 12:29 PM | #24
Here ya go:

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
To clarify two points in the thread. Although I don't have exact timing yet, Game Update 2.2 will not be tomorrow (6/11) at all. The maintenance is delayed past tomorrow.

As for the specific bug. What we needed to fix were some critical bugs inside of the the new Nightmare Mode Operation, which would need to be fixed before the Update went live. Upon implementing those fixes the Game Update itself became unstable. That is what we are working through now.

Hope that gives a bit of insight.

-eric
The Blastershot Legacy The Shadowlands

Thorund 60 Sentinel I Rogorm 60 Vanguard I Nekleni 60 Gunslinger I Werrone 60 Sage
Hurberd 60 Marauder I Atnik 60 Assassin I Theskolo 60 Mercenary I Halkero 60 Sniper

Spyderwraith
06.11.2013 , 12:46 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Solar_Breeze View Post
It's an MMO there should be gear grind however it should be separated by content not by difficulty - For instance there harder the content the more you are rewarded but even with simpler content you should still be given rewards, just more slowly.
Sure but giving a new tear of gear to a NiM mode ops that is old news which shares a lockout with the HM which drops UW gear which is what one would need to even bother with NiM is just stupid and blatant forced elongation of the game implemented in the worst way.

Flying-Brian
06.11.2013 , 01:01 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
To reiterate, if you want to hit NM TFB this week I would recommend holding your lockout. I will update as soon as I can, especially if that changes!

-eric
Eric. This is one of the things that should have been changed. Since the "new" content of 2.2 is built around nightmare mode, and the whole release is promoted around it, there is no reason that it should share the same lockout with hard mode.

Khevar
06.11.2013 , 01:04 PM | #27
did you just not read one of the dev comments its not because of a bug its because they put something extra in
Which resulted in a

wait for it

Bug

TUXs
06.11.2013 , 01:05 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post
Eric. This is one of the things that should have been changed. Since the "new" content of 2.2 is built around nightmare mode, and the whole release is promoted around it, there is no reason that it should share the same lockout with hard mode.
Well said. I could not agree more. Preventing participation in new content, just because players participated in the OLD content, is just foolish.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

CrashDDL
06.11.2013 , 01:45 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post
The post was about finding out if the patch might get deployed this week, not for you to whine!!!

Spyderwraith
06.11.2013 , 01:57 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by CrashDDL View Post
The post was about finding out if the patch might get deployed this week, not for you to whine!!!
Who cares, This post also recieved Developer attention (Read: The post by eric Musco) Which means he paid attention to it and we are hoping he will continue paying attention to it as he had previous. Which means we will say what we say in hopes he will see it. Regardless of how many more posts about seperate lockouts exist. And truthfully it is a valid point and the more posts about it means more possibility it will be read by a developer