Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should we save our TFB "Lock out"?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Should we save our TFB "Lock out"?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Flyluke
06.11.2013 , 10:20 AM | #11
Hi Eric

My Gild has just completed the fight with Styrak last ID and we are really glad to join the progression on Asation NiM. But please put it on a different lockout as the HC version. Your team has stated that gild live is a factor you want to focus on and my guild and I would really love it to have HC and NiM on different lockouts to not leave the people in our guild behind.
We do not have a fixed group of 8 that will raid each week because we have more members of the skill level and the time so we do rotate and we also do some nights with 2x 8 man groups with some friends outside our gild. But now NiM is approaching and we want to go in there for sure, but we also have to cut one of our "gearing/grinding raids" to be even ready for this challenge.

So this is whats going to happen:
The people will fall more behind because we want to raid NiM. We cannot help them in HC either because we have the lockout reserved for the NiM and with S&V the same will happen. No more change to get the 72 grade gear with the folks which have the experience in the HC version, because the experienced guys are allready farming the 75 gear.

Long story short:
Please put HC and NiM on different lockouts and people will appreciate it!

dscount
06.11.2013 , 10:35 AM | #12
Bioware - SEPARATE TFB NiM and TFB HM LOCKOUT PLEASE...

I see at least six posts in this thread alone and MANY in the forums.

Why on earth this is not done is just plain silly.
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

Benfynyn
06.11.2013 , 11:32 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Great question Crash! I checked with the devs and I would recommend holding your lockout. I have no confirmed release yet but we are trying our best to get it out ASAP, like Jeff said, this week! Hopefully I will have more information on the 2.2 release very soon.

To reiterate, if you want to hit NM TFB this week I would recommend holding your lockout. I will update as soon as I can, especially if that changes!

-eric
I realize you guys might feel you need to get the update out this week because you promised it today and had to postponed. However, I think if you don't have it ready to go on Thursday you should hold off until next week. Friday patches have a way of translating into problems on the weekend and I'd rather not have to deal with server instability, downtimes and potential rollbacks then. Unless you're keeping the team on hand throughout the weekend to deal with any problems that arise of course.
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

BigjoeHoe
06.11.2013 , 11:37 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Great question Crash! I checked with the devs and I would recommend holding your lockout. I have no confirmed release yet but we are trying our best to get it out ASAP, like Jeff said, this week! Hopefully I will have more information on the 2.2 release very soon.

To reiterate, if you want to hit NM TFB this week I would recommend holding your lockout. I will update as soon as I can, especially if that changes!

-eric
THanks a lot my one day to raid and i cant get in t he new nightmare mode tonight thanks for nothing

Khevar
06.11.2013 , 11:39 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BigjoeHoe View Post
THanks a lot my one day to raid and i cant get in t he new nightmare mode tonight thanks for nothing
Would you rather get into the nightmare mode, but be unable to finish it because it was bugged?

Kilora
06.11.2013 , 11:47 AM | #16
This is called:

"Boohoo, you guys ruined my life because you didn't cater solely to me!"

Beaunidle
06.11.2013 , 11:47 AM | #17
Patch delayed because their testing discovered a bug with something in the patch, perfectly sensible reason to delay.

I'm no BW/EA apologist, I'm quite happy to yell at them for numerous reasons, but this isn't one of them.

dscount
06.11.2013 , 11:55 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Beaunidle View Post
Patch delayed because their testing discovered a bug with something in the patch, perfectly sensible reason to delay.

I'm no BW/EA apologist, I'm quite happy to yell at them for numerous reasons, but this isn't one of them.
I agree. I'd rather have it "WORK" then break something else when rolled out. In the meantime they could separate the NiM/HM lockout to make it for in line with "New Content" lockouts.

If it's not READY by Thursday morning they should pull the PLUG on it until Tuesday. (Yes.. DELAY it until normal maintenance)
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

Solar_Breeze
06.11.2013 , 11:55 AM | #19
The problem is that Nightmare raids should not give a new tier of gear.

It should be a choice for the player - Do HM for the gear or NIM for the challenge and acclaim (maybe a guaranteed pet/speeder drop at the end etc..)

Giving a new set of gear with it is a really bad choice imo.

That being said - Thanks for the update, I think most of those wanting to run TFB NiM will have saved their lockout just in case but its nice the reply was so quick

Spyderwraith
06.11.2013 , 12:10 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Solar_Breeze View Post
The problem is that Nightmare raids should not give a new tier of gear.

It should be a choice for the player - Do HM for the gear or NIM for the challenge and acclaim (maybe a guaranteed pet/speeder drop at the end etc..)

Giving a new set of gear with it is a really bad choice imo.

That being said - Thanks for the update, I think most of those wanting to run TFB NiM will have saved their lockout just in case but its nice the reply was so quick
I honestly think it's to have more grind as "People will need to go through HM for underworld gear and such so to then go into nightmare mode for new gear". BUT to go into nightmare with UW gear you need to burn the hm/NiM lockout so you have a "chance to get UW gear if you roll and win" (and some guilds say you can't win more then one set bonus piece per raid so it will take even longer) so instead of 2-3 weeks it will take you 5-8 weeks because you burn so many HM lockouts to get gear that will make NiM managageable. AND THEN you go through NiM to get the Kell Dragon which takes even longer to get a full set of KD gear.