Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did Luke really force choke?

kNoWlEdGe
12.21.2011 , 07:14 PM | #21
yeah, he choked em... and he was dressed in black... questions, questions, questions...

foulcault
12.21.2011 , 07:26 PM | #22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jdQqjcsfC8

I submit this is what happened. The pigs misunderstood the hand gesture and luke just went with it.

That or ignoring the link above could it be maybe it was more of like 'force kung fu" hitting the trachea and causing the person to be unable to breathe from the hit. hand could still be cupped but the force does all the damage.
I speak the rare language of typonese. I'm like a smuggler I type fast, get the job done, and never come back to the scene of the crime.

Smithie
12.21.2011 , 10:23 PM | #23
I watched the clip and it looks at first that Luke is going to do a Jedi-mindtrick but it turns out to be a force choke. He then uses a jedi-mindtrick on Jabba's helper.

So maybe these Gamorreans are immune to jedi-mindtricks. Luke probably wanted to get as close to Jabba before he could really do anything about it, so needed a solution which wouldnt cause to much commotion.
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"

<Afterdark> -> Tomb of Freedon Nadd-EU
My youtube : http://www.youtube.com/SmithianKingdom

Nubclub
12.21.2011 , 10:37 PM | #24
how many people here actually think those guards are dead? i am under the impression they were choked and knocked unconscious. choking them to death requires more time

BrandonSM
12.22.2011 , 12:44 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
True but even then C-canon is still the 3rd one down the list and anything that contradicts movies tv offiical novilizatoins and what GL says is no longer canon.
Correct me if I'm wrong. But this game is C-Canon along with everyother game, besides eh, TFU(Because it was produced by Lucas). Actually, Game Novelizations are equally canon to regular EU books.

Movies
TV
Game Novels/Reg EU Novels

Thats how the list goes... I think.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Rhyltran
12.22.2011 , 01:46 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong. But this game is C-Canon along with everyother game, besides eh, TFU(Because it was produced by Lucas). Actually, Game Novelizations are equally canon to regular EU books.

Movies
TV
Game Novels/Reg EU Novels

Thats how the list goes... I think.
Well, the cut scenes to the game or C Canon but even then we don't know whether the light/dark paths of the chars are canon or not. So it's hard to say.

MasterRyuk
12.22.2011 , 01:51 AM | #27
He didn't hill them. He knocked them out.
Jedi Knight Ryuk / Darth Ract / Kegor Kor / Edrin Kantz / Seargent Orna / Dak Strider

myrdinn
12.22.2011 , 03:27 PM | #28
*IF* he had only knocked them out...

...why aren't they the ones knocking Luke/Han/Chewie into the Sarlaac?

/devilsadvocateOff

SunwindIon
12.22.2011 , 04:35 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Nubclub View Post
how many people here actually think those guards are dead? i am under the impression they were choked and knocked unconscious. choking them to death requires more time
agreed. they were knocked out at best.

Talonval
12.22.2011 , 04:49 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
EU comics are very very low on the canon totem poll so low that they aren't really canon anymore.
someone already probably pointed this out (I didn't read other posts after this daisy), but you are an idiot. EU comics (along with all other novels,comics, tv shows, etc that leeland chee & lucasfilm deams worthy)are just below G (see: stewjohn) canon, which is the highest canon there is.

aside from this, the force choke was supposed to show luke's struggle with the dark side. At the beginning of the movie, he was dressed in black, using force choke, etc, and then at the end he DIDN"T turn to the darkside, overcame it (unlike his father) and saved the galaxy whoop dee.

It's one of those things people never really get.