Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looking for Advice on SScum and Villainy - 16 Man

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Looking for Advice on SScum and Villainy - 16 Man

Nagruf
06.10.2013 , 05:27 AM | #1
Hi Guys

I was looking for advice on The Scum and Villainy Operation in 16 Man SM

We have ran this 3 times now in 8m mode SM

The last time we got to the last boss fight but it was getting late so we didn't finish it

We run the 2 tanks, 2 healers and 4 Dps. But im interested in what the group make up should be if we run it in 16 mans and also is there any group dfferences in 16 man HM.

Thanks Guys

BIG_M
06.10.2013 , 05:35 AM | #2
basically same makeup for 8mans 2 tanks 4 healers and 10 dps
Harbinger Midian
Arach Allrianne
Krezlarz
Tarhi

Digital_Blade
06.10.2013 , 05:40 AM | #3
2 tanks 4 heals 10 dps

Once you gain more practice, you can easily do it with 3 heals and 11 dps to make things faster. Fights are exactly the same, and there is more leniency to dps at there will be 10-11 of you instead of 8. I would say 16 is actually easier than 8 man as it is MUCH MUCH more forgiving if you mess up or someone dies.

We tend to pug almost 5-6 people so coordination isn't much of an issue, keep a tight watch on the wealthy buyer fight and kill the cartel warlords in this order: Horic, Sunder, Vilus Garr, Tuchuk (Horic has a bad aoe spam do kill him first)

Ocho-Quatro
06.10.2013 , 03:00 PM | #4
The advice given for: 2 tanks, 4 healers, 10 dps is good advice...

Using 2 tanks, 3 healers and 11 dps is even better for 16-man story mode, as long as you have good, geared competent healers.

Something to consider however, and this is what my guild has been doing lately, and it can REALLY help if you have people who are looking for their last few pieces of Arkanian..... instead of bringing 16-people, start whittling down the number that you bring. We're down to 10 right now, without consistently hitting enrage timers. We bring 2 tanks, 3 healers and 5 dps. If you're struggling a bit, you can add in an extra dps.

The reason we like doing that? If we can still clear the content with 10-ish players, while set on 16-man, there will be 8 pieces of Arkanian that drop, that only have to be "shared" amongst 10 people, instead of 16.

Your DPS have to be good to do that tho. You can't afford to carry ANYONE.

Otherwise? If you're just looking for a good time, and to get some extra coms by doing it in 16-man, just use the fairly standard 2/4/10 ratio. You'll be surprised how much easier it is compared to 8 man.

Quote: Originally Posted by Digital_Blade View Post
...kill the cartel warlords in this order: Horic, Sunder, Vilus Garr, Tuchuk...
Interested as to why you choose to put Vilus 3rd and Sunder 2nd.... My guild did it a few different ways, and determined (along with many others) that the "easiest" order is Horic -> Vilus -> Sunder -> Tuckuk.

What is the benefit of swapping Sunder/Vilus? I've done the fight as Tank, Healer, Ranged DPS and Melee DPS, and I don't see Sunder's extra abilities all that difficult to deal with, as long as the tank on him keeps his wits about him, and always has a taunt ready to fire off when he Fixates on a melee dps...
TOROCast - Star Wars: The Old Republic's Longest Running Fan Podcast
Apos'trophe Sage - Apostrophé Scoundrel - Period Vanguard - Parentheses Shadow - Quotation Sentinel
Aster'isk Mercenary - Back'slash Assassin - Per'iod Operative
The Punctuation Legacy

mastirkal
06.10.2013 , 03:15 PM | #5
Vilus is annoying, but not hard hitting. Sunder second to last gets the root effect and fixate happens more often. It's best to kill him second before he becomes annoying, villus second to last only gets the ability to pull people towards him, but still does the same overall damage.

Keeping him last gives him the ability to spam AoE grenades that hurt a bit.