Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Chakras SW:TOR Storyline Videos.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Art
Chakras SW:TOR Storyline Videos.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
06.16.2013 , 03:27 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
I've actually been tinkering with this kind of thing for a while now, but I ended up trashing my agent and smuggler playthrough videos after finishing because I wasn't remotely happy with how they turned out. I'll just do them again later now that I've had some practice in, I imagine. Working on the trooper story now though, if you're interested.

I mean, not to hijack your thread or anything, but I'm essentially just slinging these together with Move Maker in my spare time, so tips would be good D: I can never decide how much actual gameplay to include.

Now if only I could turn off the damn light/dark side indicators in cutscenes, because stop filling half my screen with blue/red srsly
Yeah, my top wishes for this game right now is to be able to turn off the light/dark indicator and to turn off all the stupid MMO effects (glowing blasters and silly glowy effects in general)...

Im using movie maker too so my work is far from proffessional :P
Still working on how much gameplay to include myself. I usually feel that if the mission indicates that i'll be fighting enemies ill add in the fighting just for continuity. But im actually thinking of adding more travel as well so its not just jumping from cutscene to cutscene...

EDIT: I like that you took the time to change into less formal outfits for the on-ship cutscenes tho. Ive been thinking about this myself, but couldnt really decide on what outfits to wear. Might get something for my 2nd trooper playthrough tho, since the trooper is the only one i feel would do this. BH would stay in his armor anyway, and the rest dont have much in the way of armour...
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Aries_cz's Avatar


Aries_cz
06.16.2013 , 04:42 AM | #22
I think you can disable conversation rewards (+LS/DS, +Affection) in UI editor. Just switch to the Conversation subsection in the dropdown menu and turn off the "Conversation rewards" window. And gains on the selection wheel can be turned off in Preferences.
But for glowing things like blasters etc, I think you will just have to suffer those. It is machinima, after all
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
06.16.2013 , 07:01 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
I think you can disable conversation rewards (+LS/DS, +Affection) in UI editor. Just switch to the Conversation subsection in the dropdown menu and turn off the "Conversation rewards" window. And gains on the selection wheel can be turned off in Preferences.
But for glowing things like blasters etc, I think you will just have to suffer those. It is machinima, after all
Naah, that only disables the little boxes that pop up with LS/DS and affection, not the red/blue tint that comes up on the screen.

Personally tho, i dont think we need the usual MMO "shinies" as much in a game like this... and there should be a toggle (should be possible since they dissapear in cutscenes)
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Aries_cz's Avatar


Aries_cz
06.16.2013 , 08:30 AM | #24
Oh those effects, completely forgot about them
Yeah those probably cannot be disabled... i guess that some sort of video editing magic could get rid of it, but I have no idea how difficult it would be (my guess is very)
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Bleeters's Avatar


Bleeters
06.16.2013 , 10:40 AM | #25
Any video editing that approaches magic is sort of beyond my capability, sadly :P

I suppose I'll just have to live with it. It's not a huge deal, it just bugs me whenever I'm bouncing between light and dark side decisions in one conversation (because hey, RP) and my screen ends up looking like a set of traffic lights.

Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Still working on how much gameplay to include myself. I usually feel that if the mission indicates that i'll be fighting enemies ill add in the fighting just for continuity. But im actually thinking of adding more travel as well so its not just jumping from cutscene to cutscene...
I think my current problem is that commandos just aren't that interesting to watch shoot things, and the trooper story is packed full of fights that are basically just 'guys stand and shoot at me whilst I stand and shoot at them'. The end of chapter one boss is pretty awful on that count, really. Especially when compared to the likes of, say, the agent story. So unless something significant happens, I feel like I should just cut it out.

But then, I never really figured anyone would care about watching anything I made, so I don't know.

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
06.16.2013 , 01:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
I think my current problem is that commandos just aren't that interesting to watch shoot things, and the trooper story is packed full of fights that are basically just 'guys stand and shoot at me whilst I stand and shoot at them'. The end of chapter one boss is pretty awful on that count, really. Especially when compared to the likes of, say, the agent story. So unless something significant happens, I feel like I should just cut it out.

But then, I never really figured anyone would care about watching anything I made, so I don't know.
Funny thing is tho, that most of those fights last less than 30 seconds... so including them might not be a visually stunning thing, but they still give a good connection between cutscenes.
Right now, when i watched some of your videos, i immediately noticed the lack of gameplay. This makes it kinda wierd (IHMO) when you get a mission that is something along the lines of "you have to fight those separatists guarding the weapons and then destroy the weapons" and the next scene is you reporting that you have destroyed the weapons.
A 10-20 second sequence of you just shooting a few separatists between those cutscenes would really connect them better.

But thats just my view.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Bleeters's Avatar


Bleeters
06.16.2013 , 03:33 PM | #27
Views are good. I largely started doing this just for my own sakes, and I generally didn't care for seeing a bunch of the combat. But making the whole thing more coherent to watch is a good thing to go for. Not sure I've got the volition to hide the entirity of my UI like you've been doing, though. I can barely remember where all my attacks are as it is :P At the very least, I'd like to get a rough idea as to what I feel like including before I run through the warrior and agent stories again, so I can try to do those two justice.

Well, that, and I still need to get my hands on a few outfits for both. Got a whole lot of playing dressup planned for the agent, with all the cover identities and disguises it involves. Showing up everywhere in a clandestine officer suit doesn't seem like the best idea >_>

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
06.16.2013 , 10:39 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
Views are good. I largely started doing this just for my own sakes, and I generally didn't care for seeing a bunch of the combat. But making the whole thing more coherent to watch is a good thing to go for. Not sure I've got the volition to hide the entirity of my UI like you've been doing, though. I can barely remember where all my attacks are as it is :P At the very least, I'd like to get a rough idea as to what I feel like including before I run through the warrior and agent stories again, so I can try to do those two justice.

Well, that, and I still need to get my hands on a few outfits for both. Got a whole lot of playing dressup planned for the agent, with all the cover identities and disguises it involves. Showing up everywhere in a clandestine officer suit doesn't seem like the best idea >_>
Hehehe no, i never understood why they even had those for the agent... seems silly to be an undercover agent in a full imperial dress uniform :P
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
06.19.2013 , 01:12 PM | #29
New video up!

Ive got the material for all the characters except one now, and ill be uploading as many as i can before double XP weekend to make room for the deluge of clips ill be facing during the weekends :P
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
06.20.2013 , 12:51 PM | #30
Trying on DeviantArt as an image host for my character screenshots. Dont know how stable that will be (or their views on using the site to post screenshots) but ill give it a shot since tinypic seemed to be somewhat unstable.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.