Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terror From Beyond (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Terror From Beyond (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AshlaBoga
06.14.2013 , 11:40 PM | #361
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
The promise that bioware made was that any group composition should be able to clear their content with enough effort. We can clearly see that this fight wants the highest of the high dps or nothing at all.
I think that promise actually refers to SM and HM Operations. I don't remember them ever saying that you wouldn't have to take 2 Mara's and 2 Snipers into a Nightmare Operation.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

mastirkal
06.15.2013 , 12:41 AM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I think that promise actually refers to SM and HM Operations. I don't remember them ever saying that you wouldn't have to take 2 Mara's and 2 Snipers into a Nightmare Operation.
Promise was for all content assuming there is enough effort given it should be clearable by all classes. This seems possible as it is for every boss except for dread guard and TfB. TfB is acceptable as it is the final boss, dread guard is not. A group of four sins should be possible, but abait it would need to be at a much higher gear level then an equal group of sniper or marauders of lesser quality.

ancksunamur
06.15.2013 , 12:43 AM | #363
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowopsx View Post
I disagree, people like myself thought the fight was impossible. It is not. The fight just requires massive amount of dps skill, tanking skill and healing skill. If the dev tracker says something i will admit defeat but as of right now the fight it possible from my perspective.
Few people will state that it's impossible now, Suckafish left 10,800hp on them earlier tonight. Ya don't get me started on that. There is no room for error, and the dps have to outstanding. I doubt this is what they had in mind. Cause there is no way I would bring in some dps into this fight, It will get nerfed, it's our goal to do it b4 the nerf, and without the gear from the other bosses.
HMFiC of SuckaFish - Empire (The Bastion)

http://SuckaFish.enjin.com
50 Powertech: Donn

iSeth
06.15.2013 , 11:50 AM | #364
My guild will be doing most of its attempts this Monday. We will not skip this fight. We aren't able to get together as often as the other guilds but we do feel confident after our prior attempts that the fight is doable. We will be smashing our faces against keyboard until they either die or it's nerfed. This is true progression. Any guild can kill a boss. But only a few will be able to kill the unkillable boss.

Can we quadruple the points for killing DG to make it seem more legit points wise. Give everyone there pints that skipped DG just fine.

But when those 2-3 guilds do kill DG they deserve to have their names at the very top of every list this game has.

bigheadbrandon
06.15.2013 , 01:25 PM | #365
Quote: Originally Posted by ancksunamur View Post
Few people will state that it's impossible now, Suckafish left 10,800hp on them earlier tonight. Ya don't get me started on that. There is no room for error, and the dps have to outstanding. I doubt this is what they had in mind. Cause there is no way I would bring in some dps into this fight, It will get nerfed, it's our goal to do it b4 the nerf, and without the gear from the other bosses.
try swapping out the 2nd tank for a marauder!

Ansalem
06.15.2013 , 02:16 PM | #366
I can't believe no one posted this yet for the guilds that are still doing attempts on DG but here we go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtqRDR8HDo4

apologies for the poor quality but this was the only one I could find that had the actual video with the song.

Oh and suckafish Ill turn on your stream tonight to watch I fully expect this song to be played on loop while you do this:P

ancksunamur
06.15.2013 , 03:01 PM | #367
Oh my favorite episode, how thoughtful of you. Thanks man, wish it would of gotten to the part with the sword of a 1000 truths. It's nice motivation, for people who don't give up at the first site of trouble. Thanks for the video man, I enjoyed it
HMFiC of SuckaFish - Empire (The Bastion)

http://SuckaFish.enjin.com
50 Powertech: Donn

Thorriin
06.15.2013 , 03:34 PM | #368
Quote: Originally Posted by bigheadbrandon View Post
try swapping out the 2nd tank for a marauder!
Have fun with the leeches
Never Tell Us the Odds
Thorriin -- Scoundrel
Daņo -- Guardian
The Bastion US PvP

odawgg
06.15.2013 , 03:43 PM | #369
Quote: Originally Posted by iSeth View Post
Can we quadruple the points for killing DG to make it seem more legit points wise. Give everyone there pints that skipped DG just fine.

But when those 2-3 guilds do kill DG they deserve to have their names at the very top of every list this game has.
LOL! Yes! i like that idea of quadrupled points.

odawgg
06.15.2013 , 03:46 PM | #370
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
I can't believe no one posted this yet for the guilds that are still doing attempts on DG but here we go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtqRDR8HDo4

apologies for the poor quality but this was the only one I could find that had the actual video with the song.

Oh and suckafish Ill turn on your stream tonight to watch I fully expect this song to be played on loop while you do this:P
ROFL! Oh i can't wait to down these mofos