Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Terror From Beyond (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Terror From Beyond (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bigheadbrandon's Avatar


bigheadbrandon
06.14.2013 , 12:45 PM | #321
i didnt read the page about wow stuff but lets just wait till people start posting their timed run clears

paowee's Avatar


paowee
06.14.2013 , 12:52 PM | #322
So much /fail in this patch's NiM race. >__<; many weird rules, not written here, not posted in the OP that, its not in iggy's original set of rules, etc etc... urghhh.

Let's just make the NEXT NiM operation less of what this patch has become and agree on

1) no swapping into HM for NIM SnV, for all the guilds trying to still raid in this game.

Thats it!no swapping into HM.

Also no weird tactic/bug that reduces the difficulty of the encounter (something like sstanding on top of the box in Kephess EC lol that was a nifty trick). If your guild finds a bug in NiM thrasher that makes the tank take no dmg, report it publicly immediately! In my own words, to play honestly and make this game a "fun" experience for everyone!
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

pantalaimona's Avatar


pantalaimona
06.14.2013 , 01:08 PM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by Bombbuster View Post
In most WoW raids bosses can be killed in differing orders except for (typically) the first and last bosses. ICC, Firelands, and BWD all come to mind as examples. This is different because in TFB the bosses are linear.
This. If TFB isnt linear, you wouldnt have to kill second boss at all to get to the third, so all the logic about "switching to HM and continuing on NiM" is false. TFB requires linear progression. You decided to kill second boss on HM, fine, but you cant claim kills for any other boss after. Any progression tracking from now on is pointless. You cant even claim kill on second boss anymore, since you`ve got gear advantage. You also cant claim timed run for the same reason. That said, if you want your name for the world`s first, go for it. But we all know its not the real one.

bigheadbrandon's Avatar


bigheadbrandon
06.14.2013 , 01:10 PM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by ML_DoubleTap View Post
As a non invested observer the biggest issue I see is still this,



Whether you changed your minds on the subject or not...you attempted to lay the ground rules and then, without coming back the the thread to get a community consensus, did the exact thing you requested others not do. Sure it wasn't a set rule, but it seemed to be agreed upon after your guild initially suggested it. Obviously you thought that the bosses were meant to be linear and only after you decided to go outside those bounds did you decide to change that opinion.

Brilliant strategy to get the progression points, just a jerk move.
yeah and then they said dont count them for it if nobody wanted to, they wanted to see if the rest of the instance was overtuned as badly as DG (it isnt)
quit making mountains out of molehills

e_nk_ay's Avatar


e_nk_ay
06.14.2013 , 01:12 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by pantalaimona View Post
This. If TFB isnt linear, you wouldnt have to kill second boss at all to get to the third, so all the logic about "switching to HM and continuing on NiM" is false. TFB requires linear progression. You decided to kill second boss on HM, fine, but you cant claim kills for any other boss after. Any progression tracking from now on is pointless. You cant even claim kill on second boss anymore, since you`ve got gear advantage. You also cant claim timed run for the same reason. That said, if you want your name for the world`s first, go for it. But we all know its not the real one.
Go back two pages if you want to use WoW as an example and read my post. The last tier (Throne of the Tides) was NOT linear and several guilds, including several of the top 20, swapped from NM/HM to farm gear for previous bosses.

The linear vs. non-linear argument is flawed. In fact, EVERY raid in this latest WoW expansion has been linear, and EVERY raid has guilds doing this. If you don't believe me go to wowprogress, proof is in the pudding.

Stop being so petty.
<Death and Taxes>
Enkay - 55 Juggernaut, GM
Enque - 55 Mercenary Nkay - 55 Marauder Enkaye - 55 Assassin Enkayy - 55 Commando

FridgeLM's Avatar


FridgeLM
06.14.2013 , 01:12 PM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by ML_DoubleTap View Post
As a non invested observer the biggest issue I see is still this,



Whether you changed your minds on the subject or not...you attempted to lay the ground rules and then, without coming back the the thread to get a community consensus, did the exact thing you requested others not do. Sure it wasn't a set rule, but it seemed to be agreed upon after your guild initially suggested it. Obviously you thought that the bosses were meant to be linear and only after you decided to go outside those bounds did you decide to change that opinion.

Brilliant strategy to get the progression points, just a jerk move.
Dom does not represent the entire guild, you really seem to be fixated on him and his proclamations though. I can set you two up if you like?
<Death and Taxes>

ML_DoubleTap's Avatar


ML_DoubleTap
06.14.2013 , 01:14 PM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by bigheadbrandon View Post
yeah and then they said dont count them for it if nobody wanted to, they wanted to see if the rest of the instance was overtuned as badly as DG (it isnt)
quit making mountains out of molehills
Judging by their posts since the kills it certainly seems that they meant that too.
Bonkurz

bigheadbrandon's Avatar


bigheadbrandon
06.14.2013 , 01:14 PM | #328
im surprised nobody has went in and burned kelsara down for the last 1/3 of the achievement then tried to claim they killed it

odawgg's Avatar


odawgg
06.14.2013 , 01:17 PM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by bigheadbrandon View Post
im surprised nobody has went in and burned kelsara down for the last 1/3 of the achievement then tried to claim they killed it
I'm surprised you or D&T haven't yet, the primary two guilds that favor cutting corners in this thread.

Edit: or is that for next week?

ML_DoubleTap's Avatar


ML_DoubleTap
06.14.2013 , 01:17 PM | #330
Quote: Originally Posted by FridgeLM View Post
Dom does not represent the entire guild, you really seem to be fixated on him and his proclamations though. I can set you two up if you like?
That sounds nice.


Nobody else in you guild posted on the topic when the discussion if skipping should count. That would leave him as the lone respresentative on your stance, no? Just step back and at least admit it looks shady. I'm sure that it wasn't your intent, but it sure looks bad
Bonkurz