Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terror From Beyond (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Terror From Beyond (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Iggyemu
06.13.2013 , 10:41 PM | #241
Updated. I have converted any screenshots without UTC time stamps to UTC time based on your server time zone. I am only doing it for the first boss and yes it's not as accurate and will be marked unverified.

Please take your screenshots going forward with the UTC time-stamp present. Instructions are in the original post..
SuckaFish on The Bastion (Empire)
Tigg: Sorcerer (Corruption)
Officer/Raid Leader

http://suckafish.enjin.com/

KaboomzZz
06.13.2013 , 10:43 PM | #242
The kills were livestreamed, the strats are available for all for viewing. You cannot say the playing field is uneven, in any way possible.

Ivaed
06.13.2013 , 10:51 PM | #243
Skipping DGs is equivalent to giving up on the fight. That isn't raid progression. There are many guilds on the forums here that are competing for Server/World First. For D&T to roll through and skip content that they feel is too difficult for them to complete as a guild, and then come onto the forums claiming server/world firsts on the rest of the bosses because they wussed out on the hardest fight in the place, is disrespectful to everyone here trying to down the raid in a legitimate fashion.

And BTW... Suckafish got Kel'sara down to 10% tonight, I saw the attempt on their livestream. The fight is more than possible for a solid group of raiders who play it to perfection. I wager that we will see a kill before the end of the week.
Ivaed LVL 55 Bodyguard Mercenary Twitch.tv
The Bastion -- Founder -- <SuckaFish>
SUCKAFISH.ENJIN.COM

e_nk_ay
06.13.2013 , 10:59 PM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by Ivaed View Post
Skipping DGs is equivalent to giving up on the fight. That isn't raid progression. There are many guilds on the forums here that are competing for Server/World First. For D&T to roll through and skip content that they feel is too difficult for them to complete as a guild, and then come onto the forums claiming server/world firsts on the rest of the bosses because they wussed out on the hardest fight in the place, is disrespectful to everyone here trying to down the raid in a legitimate fashion.
Yes because the "community" for SWTOR (the same 15 people posting in this thread) feel that "linear progression" is the only type of progression allowed.

And lol @ people in your guild saying they will try to get us banned for EXPLOITING? Are you kidding me? Swapping HM to Nightmare is NOT exploiting, and in fact is common practice in the most popular MMO in the world.

Holy pettiness. I hope you aren't like this in real life.
<Death and Taxes>
Enkay - 55 Juggernaut, GM
Enque - 55 Mercenary Nkay - 55 Marauder Enkaye - 55 Assassin Enkayy - 55 Commando

Askesis
06.13.2013 , 10:59 PM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by KaboomzZz View Post
The kills were livestreamed, the strats are available for all for viewing. You cannot say the playing field is uneven, in any way possible.
But, to be fair, just because the playing field is even doesn't mean that it's the right thing to do. If there was a certain spot that everyone could stand that makes the bosses bug out and do nothing, would everyone be on the same playing field? Yes. Does that mean that's the way people should do the fight? No.

For me, can I blame Death and Taxes for doing what they did? No, I can't. They conceded they weren't going to down Dread Guard this week, so they decided to try the other bosses to gear up their toons. I don't see anything really wrong with it, and our guild was considering (but didn't/haven't yet) done it.

And how do we know a guild hasn't done exactly that (skipped Dread Guard, cleared more/all of TFG) on an alt group, shipped the gear to their mains, and are using said gear to try and clear Dread Guard? I'm willing to bet the there are goups that have done precisely that (or are in the process of doing it) At least they posted about it in the open.

Back to alts, is it fair that some groups may have multiple alt groups to gear up their mains faster, while others don't? Should a person really have to level 10+ alts and run 10+ groups a week to compete with a group that DOES decide to do that? The gearing system (the legacy gear, to be specific) is a big problem in this respect, even though it is convenient to us when we want to use it.

The biggest issue, though, is the fact that HM and NIM share the same lockout. Ideally, they would be on separate lockouts. At the very minimum, one you kill a boss in HM or NIM, you should be restricted to that mode for that lockout for the week.

If it weren't for those two issues caused by the Devs, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Ivaed
06.13.2013 , 11:03 PM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by e_nk_ay View Post
Yes because the "community" for SWTOR (the same 15 people posting in this thread) feel that "linear progression" is the only type of progression allowed.

And lol @ people in your guild saying they will try to get us banned for EXPLOITING? Are you kidding me? Swapping HM to Nightmare is NOT exploiting, and in fact is common practice in the most popular MMO in the game.

Holy pettiness. I hope you aren't like this in real life.
I Hope you and your guild enjoy the very little respect anyone had for D&T in the raiding community now being completely gone. That is all I have to say on the matter.
SUCKAFISH.ENJIN.COM

KaboomzZz
06.13.2013 , 11:05 PM | #247

And BTW... Suckafish got Kel'sara down to 10% tonight, I saw the attempt on their livestream. The fight is more than possible for a solid group of raiders who play it to perfection. I wager that we will see a kill before the end of the week.
Try being a part of a guild like Death and Taxes for 10 years and then talk to me about being disrespected. Do you know what kind of effort it takes to run a guild in multiple games all successful?; all competitive? I can tell you stories involving devs, and fellow members that would blow your mind; fellow members selling in-guild strategies for $25,000 to brady games, deals for members falling through and sponsors disappearing; guild accounts getting hacked just because of being in the spotlight; the list is endless.

Take a step back and realize that we kill bosses. Its what we do. After 10 years and getting heat in every game, every year, every kill, from hordes of neck-beards all chiming in, rubbing their musky necks together gurgling on mt. dew, for ten years. We really don't care about these troll posts - here is the bottom line:

Goodluck on your progression, hold yourself back because of e-morals if you really want. We kill bosses.

paowee
06.13.2013 , 11:07 PM | #248
lol why are some members of death and taxes trying to justify what they did.

The people you are posting your comments to, in this forums, understand that you are (literally) world 1st on the NiM mode kill of the last boss of NiM TFB.

The people you are posting your comments and thread to, also understand, that the instance was swapped to Hard mode to get past NiM DG, which lead to progressing into Op ix and Kephess and TFB in NiM mode.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Ivaed
06.13.2013 , 11:08 PM | #249
Quote: Originally Posted by KaboomzZz View Post
We kill bosses.
Actually you skip the hard bosses and kill the easy ones.... It's cool we get why you did it.
SUCKAFISH.ENJIN.COM

e_nk_ay
06.13.2013 , 11:08 PM | #250
I Hope you and your guild enjoy the very little respect anyone had for D&T in the raiding community now being completely gone. That is all I have to say on the matter.
That's ok, I'm fine with Tempest being petty and butt hurt per usual. Thanks for addressing my initial point. Linear progression only! Star Wars is the wave of the future, never mind the precedents set in the MMORPG community for the past several years.
<Death and Taxes>
Enkay - 55 Juggernaut, GM
Enque - 55 Mercenary Nkay - 55 Marauder Enkaye - 55 Assassin Enkayy - 55 Commando