Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terror From Beyond (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Terror From Beyond (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Thufir_Hawat
06.13.2013 , 10:39 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by e_nk_ay View Post

You can cry about it all you want, that's fine. But you don't hold a candle to our caliber player..
Yet a couple hours of Dreadguards and you throw in the towel.

e_nk_ay
06.13.2013 , 10:40 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Heidy View Post

If you want to skip a boss to get gear you are free to do so, but DONíT start to claim any fame or first-kills for subsequent bosses. You can try to whine and shout for nerfs, try to convice everyone that is isnít possible, but there ARE guilds that will work on this boss and we want to have a progression free of your lame boss-skipping.
If we killed the boss first, we killed the boss first. I don't agree with this whole "linear" progression idea. If we kill TFB tonight then it was NOT a full clear, I agree 100%. But the bosses that we downed, we still downed, and if anything were more difficult because we didn't receive our beloved relics from DG.
<Death and Taxes>
Enkay - 55 Juggernaut, GM
Enque - 55 Mercenary Nkay - 55 Marauder Enkaye - 55 Assassin Enkayy - 55 Commando

Ardarell_Solo
06.13.2013 , 10:42 AM | #133
I want someone to explain to me why skipping bosses is okay in one community - that is much larger and more active than SWTOR - but not okay in another?
Because it is the very nature of a community that it sets its own rules based on how the majority of members of said community itself see things.

(Aside: That's what's so appealing about them to me, because they are probably one of the most democratic entities on the planet - with all pros and cons of democratic principles themselves. )

Case in point: You can't override a community's self given rules on the ground of rules that may apply elsewhere. That's the exaxct definition of a self governed community.
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage) | Vayus (Guardian)
Dacs (Commando) | Troż (Vanguard) | Ianea (Shadow) | Craeg (Scoundrel)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> (T3-M4) -> Bewerbung
Freue mich Łber Feedback zu meinem Wachmann PVE Guide 4.0.

mastirkal
06.13.2013 , 10:42 AM | #134
Hey if it comes down to it, there might be two NiM TfB progression threads, one that allows skipping an one that doesn't. We might have a unprecedented two world firsts!

wojtekimiolczyk
06.13.2013 , 10:44 AM | #135
If u skip one boss the progression shouldnt count, my 2 cents
Blurr

ancksunamur
06.13.2013 , 10:44 AM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by Heidy View Post
Hey folks,

just wanted to give our (Revenge Ė T3-M4) o
We were shocked to see that you included D&Tís Operator IX kill in the progression sheet.

We think that progression shouldnít be done with skipping a boss just because you are convinced there is no way to beat that boss or you simply arenít able to kill it. If there will be no rules against boss skipping with the right verification (Achievment-Screen showing that all other bosses are still undefeated when killing DG) we will retreat from this progress and hope that all other true progress guildes follow this move. I talked with some of the progress guilds from our server like First Try and Ambassadors and they all share this opinion.
If you want to skip a boss to get gear you are free to do so, but DONíT start to claim any fame or first-kills for subsequent bosses. You can try to whine and shout for nerfs, try to convice everyone that is isnít possible, but there ARE guilds that will work on this boss and we want to have a progression free of your lame boss-skipping.
I agree with this 100%. The idea is to clear the raid progressively that's 1 after another. Not to leap frog your way through it. Why didn't people skip tanks in EC NiM and just go do mine field then? It's stupid, we all complained that we haven't been given a challenge. Well here it is lets buck up and take it. We got it to 28% last night and still feel that we could of done better on the fight, and will be right back at it again.
HMFiC of SuckaFish - Empire (The Bastion)

http://SuckaFish.enjin.com
50 Powertech: Donn

Bombbuster
06.13.2013 , 10:47 AM | #137
...WoW raiders - raiders that have several US and World firsts in an MMO far, FAR more competitive than SWTOR. In that game it isn't looked down upon to skip a boss to farm later gear in order to kill the previous boss.
In most WoW raids bosses can be killed in differing orders except for (typically) the first and last bosses. ICC, Firelands, and BWD all come to mind as examples. This is different because in TFB the bosses are linear. I'm not saying that what you guys did was wrong or right, but don't use comparisons to WoW to justify it one way or the other.

That aside, good luck tonight with TFB NiM. I'll wager he has the PTS bug where his health sometimes jumps up to 32% when tantrum hits, instead of 20%. Let us know how it goes, we'll likely be attempting after the weekend.

Edit: Also wanted to add, don't direct your ire at each other. Blame Bioware for screwing this up royally and putting us all in this untenable position. None of this drama would exist if B/W had done their jobs right. I just hope they speak out and explain themselves before subs start leaving to do something less frustrating with their valuable time.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
ZoŽ: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

FridgeLM
06.13.2013 , 10:47 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Hardcora View Post
Try to explain whatever you want. Everydody is laughing about you. You skipped a boss because you hadn't the balls to beat the previous. Simply stay out of the progress threads. You are fun-guild not a progress guild.
Nobody whose opinion matters is doing anything of the sort.

From my perspective, the people who are upset about this are people who didn't have the stones to make the same judgment call we did, and now they've missed their opportunity to compete with us (for one boss). By all means, feel free to continue beating your heads into the wall until the 11th hour on Monday when you'll have less time to do bosses that are actually killable.
<Death and Taxes>

Thufir_Hawat
06.13.2013 , 10:51 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by FridgeLM View Post
Nobody whose opinion matters is doing anything of the sort.

From my perspective, the people who are upset about this are people who didn't have the stones to make the same judgment call we did, and now they've missed their opportunity to compete with us (for one boss). By all means, feel free to continue beating your heads into the wall until the 11th hour on Monday when you'll have less time to do bosses that are actually killable.
No they are the people who listened to the little voice in the head that said 'no jumping ahead is giving up'.

FridgeLM
06.13.2013 , 10:58 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Thufir_Hawat View Post
No they are the people who listened to the little voice in the head that said 'no jumping ahead is giving up'.
The little voice in their head is not rational. The boss is very much broken and time would be better spent in almost any other endeavor. We chose to spend it by progressing through things that are killable - something they were perfectly capable of doing themselves, but chose not to out of fear. That could be fear of offending the "honorable" scene on display in this thread, fear that a sudden hotfix for the fight would be inbound, or, least sympathetically, fear that the boss in its current state is doable.

We judged that it was not. You could have too, but you decided instead to run a race on a hamster wheel. Your loss.
<Death and Taxes>