Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terror From Beyond (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Terror From Beyond (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ML_DoubleTap
06.13.2013 , 10:21 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Not trying to troll here, but I do have a request. Can we make sure guilds arent setting to HM for DG to get by then going in and killing Op,keph,terror in nightmare to claim firsts?
The funniest part about following this thread is that it was a DnT member that first brought up not skipping DG by using HM. You attempted to set the rule, and then shortly afterwards, broke it Well played. If you ain't cheating you ain't trying I suppose. How is this irony lost on most of you?
Bonkurz

e_nk_ay
06.13.2013 , 10:23 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by ML_DoubleTap View Post
The funniest part about following this thread is that it was a DnT member that first brought up not skipping DG by using HM. You attempted to set the rule, and then shortly afterwards, broke it Well played. If you ain't cheating you ain't trying I suppose. How is this irony lost on most of you?
Dom voiced his opinion but majority ruled and we moved on with our lives. Last time I'll say it and I'm out until we kill Kephess tonight, I stated with my post that contained the SS of Operator what we did and that it could be counted however the OP saw fit.
<Death and Taxes>
Enkay - 55 Juggernaut, GM
Enque - 55 Mercenary Nkay - 55 Marauder Enkaye - 55 Assassin Enkayy - 55 Commando

Hardcora
06.13.2013 , 10:23 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by e_nk_ay View Post
Honorable enough - what does this even mean? We killed a boss in our current gear before other people did, end of story.

When I reported the kill earlier I clearly stated what we did and even said you can count at a discount or not count at all. The OP counted, and now I'm just defending from the people that are butthurt (folks who disagree in a respectable manner are fine in my book).
Can't tell if this is tongue in cheek or not, internet sarcasm is usually lost on me. I can only hope you aren't serious about abusing a mechanic - a mechanic that is also in other MMOs and is often utilized (and not just WoW).
Try to explain whatever you want. Everydody is laughing about you. You skipped a boss because you hadn't the balls to beat the previous. Simply stay out of the progress threads. You are fun-guild not a progress guild.

e_nk_ay
06.13.2013 , 10:26 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Hardcora View Post
Try to explain whatever you want. Everydody is laughing about you. You skipped a boss because you hadn't the balls to beat the previous. Simply stay out of the progress threads. You are fun-guild not a progress guild.
I'm pretty sure we got World 3rd Warstalker, so I guess we have fun when we progress?

A majority of DnT is made up of WoW raiders - raiders that have several US and World firsts in an MMO far, FAR more competitive than SWTOR. In that game it isn't looked down upon to skip a boss to farm later gear in order to kill the previous boss. Period.

You can cry about it all you want, that's fine. But you don't hold a candle to our caliber player..
<Death and Taxes>
Enque - 55 Mercenary Nkay - 55 Marauder Enkaye - 55 Assassin Enkayy - 55 Commando

Ardarell_Solo
06.13.2013 , 10:29 AM | #125
I'm pretty sure we got World 3rd Warstalker, so I guess we have fun when we progress?

A majority of DnT is made up of WoW raiders - raiders that have several US and World firsts in an MMO far, FAR more competitive than SWTOR. In that game it isn't looked down upon to skip a boss to farm later gear in order to kill the previous boss. Period.

You can cry about it all you want, that's fine. But you don't hold a candle to our caliber player, period.
Which word exactly in the sentence "This is not another MMO" don't you understand?
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage) | Vayus (Guardian)
Dacs (Commando) | Troý (Vanguard) | Ianea (Shadow) | Craeg (Scoundrel)
GM <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> (T3-M4) -> Bewerbung
Freue mich über Feedback zu meinem Wachmann PVE Guide 4.0.

e_nk_ay
06.13.2013 , 10:31 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Which word exactly in the sentence "This is not another MMO" don't you understand?
I want someone to explain to me why skipping bosses is okay in one community - that is much larger and more active than SWTOR - but not okay in another?
<Death and Taxes>

ML_DoubleTap
06.13.2013 , 10:31 AM | #127
Dom voiced his opinion but majority ruled and we moved on with our lives. Last time I'll say it and I'm out until we kill Kephess tonight, I stated with my post that contained the SS of Operator what we did and that it could be counted however the OP saw fit.
That's fine but he posted here and attempted to set the precendent you then broke. You don't see the underhandedness there? Telling other guilds it shouldn't count, and then being the first to do so and arguing it counts? Granted, it's a brilliant strategy to get progression points, its just not that honest
Bonkurz

mastirkal
06.13.2013 , 10:31 AM | #128
I don't respect this thread as the unofficial official NiM TfB progression thread if we are allowing skipping to count as progression. To go ahead and get gear from later bosses is fine. You shouldn't get credit though because its the same thing as cheating by skipping a boss fight. I can only hope suckafish doesn't take death and taxes run as official by skipping a boss. If they want credit tey should wait like everyone else or just take their loot and wait for a hot fix to make it linear progression.

Lendish
06.13.2013 , 10:32 AM | #129
Please return to your beloved WoW you're talking about the whole time
Tianna - Sniper

retired

Heidy
06.13.2013 , 10:36 AM | #130
Hey folks,

just wanted to give our (Revenge – T3-M4) opinion on skipping bosses.
We were shocked to see that you included D&T’s Operator IX kill in the progression sheet.
Especially after Ansalem of D&T required as the first one to NOT skip bosses (when they were afraid to be the ones to loose the subsequent first-kills)
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Not trying to troll here, but I do have a request. Can we make sure guilds arent setting to HM for DG to get by then going in and killing Op,keph,terror in nightmare to claim firsts?
and Pizza, as one of the organizers, wrote 5min after that that skipping shouldn’t be allowed.
Quote: Originally Posted by odawgg View Post
need to show all achievements, each boss, snapshot etc.
We think that progression shouldn’t be done with skipping a boss just because you are convinced there is no way to beat that boss or you simply aren’t able to kill it. If there will be no rules against boss skipping with the right verification (Achievment-Screen showing that all other bosses are still undefeated when killing DG) we will retreat from this progress and hope that all other true progress guildes follow this move. I talked with some of the progress guilds from our server like First Try and Ambassadors and they all share this opinion.
If you want to skip a boss to get gear you are free to do so, but DON’T start to claim any fame or first-kills for subsequent bosses. You can try to whine and shout for nerfs, try to convice everyone that is isn’t possible, but there ARE guilds that will work on this boss and we want to have a progression free of your lame boss-skipping.
PR & News - Seven Stuck -
Pyhä - Sorcerer Heal || Ursel - Operative DPS
German PvE Progression
PvE Hexer-Heiler-Guide