Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cademimu: Stop Standing on the Taxi Ship

taxidermis
07.20.2013 , 08:11 AM | #41
Actually. Even with melee dps and tank, many in my guild do the fight off of the shuttle , because our method has proven to be faster. Have the tank taunt, then Los behind the shuttle. Then when the boss runs past the nose, tank jumps up on the shuttle and along with melee dps, attacks him from the nose, while the ranged stands on top. If everyone is on the shuttle, the boss dies an less than a minute, and the adds will evade in approx 30 seconds after the boss dies. Simple.
Ashtor'aa, deception assassin, 55
Speresia, immortal juggernaut, 55
Ashterra, engineering sniper, 55
Hedriah, shield spec pt, 55
Hedr'a, arsenal merc, 55
Deadly Obsession

Hedra, gunnery commando,55, Guild leader-(The Grand Army of the Republic)
Rubix, Vanguard Hybrid, (The Grand Army of the Republic)

Begeren Colony veteran and proud! Never leaving!

chuixupu
07.21.2013 , 01:27 PM | #42
So, after the months have ticked on, my revised statement is that, if you're going to stand on the shuttle, everyone, especially the tank better damn well know how to do it the right way. I've seen too many tanks that either don't know you're supposed to LOS the wookiee or dps that that pull aggro before the tank can, or pull aggro on the adds, and the whole thing just becomes pointless.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Kingsbount
07.22.2013 , 12:09 AM | #43
Well, i prefer to keep team in safe.
What's so terrible in a LITTLE longer fight?
Why so hurry?
Your turkey is burn? Or milk? Or girlfriend in bed calling you?
You are playing the game - enjoy it.

And by the way - after killing wookie, tank even don't have to do "dirty" job. DPS will burn little guys in no time with aoe.
I don't see a problem here.

If you insist - give us a numbers of fight time, so we can see a difference.
Otherwise OP is wrong.

wetslampigduex
07.22.2013 , 02:11 PM | #44
As someone who tanks(juggy/sin/pt) I support the OP's cause. Listen to the gosh darn tank... also since coming back to this game a month ago.. ive never seen so many clueless dps/healers.. dps don't know kill order aka weak to strong.. healers that refuse to heal after combat(when I as the tank is the only one taking dmg, if I fail on a pulla nd a lot of ppl ake dmg I have no prob healing myself)... drives me nuts!

mikebevo
07.22.2013 , 02:44 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
As someone who tanks(juggy/sin/pt) I support the OP's cause. Listen to the gosh darn tank... also since coming back to this game a month ago.. ive never seen so many clueless dps/healers.. dps don't know kill order aka weak to strong.. healers that refuse to heal after combat(when I as the tank is the only one taking dmg, if I fail on a pulla nd a lot of ppl ake dmg I have no prob healing myself)... drives me nuts!
When I am healing, I will heal the tank and dps after the fight just because I want to get to the next pull asap and as a sawbones it is easy to heal on the run. However, it drives me nuts when I play dps and you have a new healer or a healer is just level 66 gear and the tank expects the healer to heal them between pulls. Hey, they need a few seconds to recoup energy/force too. Healers responsibility ends when the fight is over after that they are responsible for getting themselves ready for the next pull just as you are. Everyone lives during a pull healer has done its job. If one heals you after the fight is over, they are being nice and have a abundance of force/energy, but not all healer have the same level of gear.

ArchangelLBC
07.22.2013 , 02:55 PM | #46
Saying don't AoE the adds is all well and good except both Sage DPS trees bring an AoE component to their mix. Asking a sage DPS to not hit a TK Wave proc or to not use FiB is fundamentally against their nature.

That being said, as a commando DPS I've never seen the problem just doing the fight as intended. The tank should have aggro pretty solid before the adds spawn, at which point he takes care of making sure the adds stay put too. It's honestly not that big of a deal.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Kingsbount
07.22.2013 , 10:05 PM | #47
I still dont see a reason why should i stop to use this tactic.
Or i must follow this "STOP STANDING ON A TAXI, NOOOBS DUHHHHHHH"?

I said REASON. Give me at least ONE normal reason why should i stop.

shyninja
10.30.2013 , 07:01 PM | #48
Sorry to necro this. But this needs to be said. For SM it is really no point in using that mechanic. For people insisting on using it in SM is ridiculous. With HM i can definitely see it's merits and I use it every single time. But SM, really now? Ive been leveling an alt and every single time I'm there someone will " omg what are you doing? get behind/on the taxi idiot!"

The adds barely do any harm and can be quickly downed by the Wookie's fire. As long as you use any type of AOE move when they come down they will stick on you and wont go for the healer.

Aggro them, Run around in the flamethrower, Adds dead. Repeat, Wait for Explosive fuel to finish off leftovers,

If you don't think the tank can manage that, ranged and heals fee free to jump on the cab so a stray ugnaughts wont go after you. But the LOS cab method often leaves ugnaught behind because they're not in range for explosive fuel. Tanks have no group taunt before lvl 30 so half the time they wont be able to grab them to get them near for EF.

sithBracer
11.01.2013 , 01:53 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Snapsix View Post
No it's easier, and faster, to just let the tank aoe the adds and let them burn...only time that is not easier is when your dps are too retarded to understand the instruction "don't use aoe, just focus boss" - if they can't do that then you have bigger problems than where to stand...
One phrase: "PuGs in EC hm firestorm and stormcaller". Despite the extremely complex mechanics that fight has, pugs always screw up at the simplest one: "don't AoE inside the shields".
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

TACeMossie
11.03.2013 , 02:37 AM | #50
Suddenly I feel bad about making everyone stand on the taxi ship.

Though I never knew the wookies flamethrower could kill the ugnaughts, so I learned something from this. I always just LoS'd the wookie boss over to the ship, and in the final moments of the fight AoE taunted them, and they would all get blown up by the wookie boss. I got quite amazing at it too.