Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stacking Alacrity: An Augmentation Question

Lecto
06.09.2013 , 10:03 AM | #1
Afternoon Folks,
I'd like to start out this post with some basic information:
*I'm a sage Healer.
*I'm LvL 55.
*All 69s as far as gear goes.

At the moment I'm augmenting my gear for HM ops, but I'm really not sure where to go with it. Back before 2.0 you had to stack crit a little, but that doesn't seem to be necessary anymore given that without any augmentation you hover at about 30% crit where you would get diminishing returns normally. So, I was thinking about stacking some Alacrity so I could heal & force regen faster. Is this a good idea? Are there diminishing returns for Alacrity? Most of my augmentation has gone into Willpower so far.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge
Join "Tao Covenant" today!
Twitter: @Lecto10

MisterMuse
06.09.2013 , 11:25 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lecto View Post
Afternoon Folks,
I'd like to start out this post with some basic information:
*I'm a sage Healer.
*I'm LvL 55.
*All 69s as far as gear goes.

At the movement I'm augmenting my gear for HM ops, but I'm really not sure where to go with it. Back before 2.0 you had to stack crit a little, but that doesn't seem to be necessary anymore given that without any augmentation you hover at about 30% crit where you would get diminishing returns normally. So, I was thinking about stacking some Alacrity so I could heal & force regen faster. Is this a good idea? Are there diminishing returns for Alacrity? Most of my augmentation has gone into Willpower so far.
Go all willpower when it comes to augments. Several good guides over in the Sage/Sorcerer section and on MMO mechanics when it comes to gearing up, check there for some more detailed info.

ArissArgile
06.09.2013 , 11:41 AM | #3
I've only used Willpower augments since augments came out. There was quite a debate on if Willpower or Power augs were BiS and it was Willpower back then and still is. There was never a need to stack crit and now I would not stack alacrity. It's not really that good.

Lecto
06.09.2013 , 02:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterMuse View Post
Go all willpower when it comes to augments. Several good guides over in the Sage/Sorcerer section and on MMO mechanics when it comes to gearing up, check there for some more detailed info.
Noob question, where do I find said sage/sorc section?
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge

wishingwell
06.10.2013 , 05:38 AM | #5
Noob question, where do I find said sage/sorc section?
Forums -> Classes -> Sith Inquisitor/Jedi Consular -> Sorcerer/Sage

Sorcerer is here.

Sage is here

Look through them both, since they're essentially discussing the same things.

Ybini
06.10.2013 , 09:14 AM | #6
From experimenting for my gunslinger mainstat provides 90% of the damage while increasing crit slightly. If you're capped on Crit, then you can use power to maximize.

Lecto
06.10.2013 , 09:28 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ybini View Post
From experimenting for my gunslinger mainstat provides 90% of the damage while increasing crit slightly. If you're capped on Crit, then you can use power to maximize.
I see, just about everyone is saying that Alacrity is pretty bad news all around -- even post 2.0. I've been told that Surge is better in the long run for increasing HPS; however, my crits are already at max so I'm not worried about that. Everyone in my Guild keeps saying to stack Willpower....would you recommend Power over Willpower?

PS: I did add one Alacrity augment & it helped a great deal with cast time, but I really don't see the need to add anymore. Might be more useful for a PvP set up.

bryceman
06.10.2013 , 10:32 AM | #8
I see, just about everyone is saying that Alacrity is pretty bad news all around -- even post 2.0. I've been told that Surge is better in the long run for increasing HPS; however, my crits are already at max so I'm not worried about that. Everyone in my Guild keeps saying to stack Willpower....would you recommend Power over Willpower?

PS: I did add one Alacrity augment & it helped a great deal with cast time, but I really don't see the need to add anymore. Might be more useful for a PvP set up.
Main stat, Main stat, Main stat. Since you should not be messing around with crit from the crit stat, you should stack as much main stat as possible so you get crit from your main stat. With +3000 main stat on my scoundrel and no crit from the crit stat, I have around 22% crit which is plenty post 2.0. The crit stat has a horrible DR curve and is just not worth stacking over power. Remember that the only stat that competes with power is crit so when in doubt go power instead of crit (except on augmenting then go main stat).

AlixMV
06.10.2013 , 10:33 AM | #9
Everyone in my Guild keeps saying to stack Willpower....would you recommend Power over Willpower?
Pretty sure the theorycrafters in those posts linked to earlier probably analyzed that, so I'd go re-check those links or ask your question there.

(I want to say that you'll get more Power from stacking Willpower than raw Power stats, but those guides should discuss it or the OPs know what the conversion is)
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris

Sykomyke
06.10.2013 , 01:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
Pretty sure the theorycrafters in those posts linked to earlier probably analyzed that, so I'd go re-check those links or ask your question there.

(I want to say that you'll get more Power from stacking Willpower than raw Power stats, but those guides should discuss it or the OPs know what the conversion is)
You get less power from stacking Willpower over raw Power, but stacking Willpower will give you crit % as well. That's why it's more favorable, you end up with less power, but more crit % and the overall combination of the stat is more useful then stacking one single tertiary stat. A kind of "Sum of the parts is greater then the whole" situation.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Sith Empire