Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mandalorian Raiders Noob Question

Lanja
06.10.2013 , 09:14 AM | #11
Everytime I've run it (albeit the lvl 55 HM version), the kill order on this on was to kill the guy in the middle first, then the one on the left, and finally try to burn the remaining two down in tandem.

Nkya
06.10.2013 , 09:23 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Tank gear isn't actually all that different from DPS gear at those level ranges
I'm not challenging that even at higher level. Ableit, the max health is part of a character defense, something a Tank shall care of. Joining a level 25-30 flashpoint with stuff found on Dromund Kaas is optimistic.
In this specific fight 4 bosses should attack the tank and try to outrace the healer's spells before being removed by the DPS. Maybe the healer failed, maybe the DPS were too slow (however the OP cared his own gear,) but this tank might have about twice the health he had with proper gear, allowing the struggle to last twice longer or more.

Kitru
06.10.2013 , 09:28 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Nkya View Post
this tank might have about twice the health he had with proper gear, allowing the fight to last twice longer or more.
That's a bit fallacious. Tank hp simply determines how long they can go without getting any heals. If any heals are present, as long as the tank can avoid being one shot/killed in a single GCD/cast, the duration of the fight is more accurately determined by the effectiveness of the healer.

Also, the green loadout I mentioned is stuff you'd get from Nar Shaddaa, not Dromund Kaas.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

AlixMV
06.10.2013 , 10:31 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by VorKoom View Post
Since 2.0 on both SM and HM these guys have a buff that doesn't allow them to be CCed. The Warrior/Knight has the standard 'Boss Immunity' buff. The others have a new buff, I forget the name which states that they are immune to break on damage crowd control abilites. This is a new mechanic since HM Mandalorian Raiders was released, it was added to the story mode as well.
I haven't run SM since 2.0 dropped, so this is good to know!

Quote:
It means that a kill order has to be decided upon before killing them. When we guild runs we usually do Warrior/Knight, Inquisitor/Consular, Agent/Smuggler and Bounty Hunter/Trooper as his buffed ability is the easiest to avoid.
^^^^ Ditto.

Additionally, again with the caveat that I haven't done SM since 2.0 dropped, I've been successful doing the final two bosses two different ways (assuming the two Force users are down):

1. Do Agent/Smuggler then Trooper/BH as OC said

-OR

2. Burn them down simultaneously.

In HM, at least, the final boss enrages when the other three are down. Taking them both down at the same time negates that.

Also, seconding the suggestion to have everyone stack behind the sticky-outy pillar corner to the right of the stairs and have the Tank LOS pull them to that spot. It can make for some hectic visuals, but it allows people to do AOE attacks.
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee ~ Lor'rysi

JouerTue
06.10.2013 , 11:11 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by VorKoom View Post
Since 2.0 on both SM and HM these guys have a buff that doesn't allow them to be CCed. The Warrior/Knight has the standard 'Boss Immunity' buff. The others have a new buff, I forget the name which states that they are immune to break on damage crowd control abilites. This is a new mechanic since HM Mandalorian Raiders was released, it was added to the story mode as well. It means that a kill order has to be decided upon before killing them. When we guild runs we usually do Warrior/Knight, Inquisitor/Consular, Agent/Smuggler and Bounty Hunter/Trooper as his buffed ability is the easiest to avoid.
correct

westcoastmos
06.11.2013 , 02:54 PM | #16
Thank you all for your responses..great help..I can now re-q with the requisite knowledge! lol

Astarica
06.11.2013 , 03:19 PM | #17
I don't recall ever seeing enrage on the Republic squad bosses. The last one will generally hit so hard with its AE that it feels like he's enraged, but unless the last one is Jedi Knight they can all be stunned so it really doesn't matter.

The non JK bosses have the buff 'Alertness' which makes them immune to crowd controling effects that break on damage.