Double blade lightsabers, being able to turn one end off.

ShardBlades

Well, i was thinking about this, and i have saw it in many things, for example the "Return" Trailer, where the Jedi knight takes the double sided light-saber and his own, then turns the one end off and fights with dual light sabers, this is a unique idea, and it could be used with the sith assassin and Jedi shadow. Maybe unlocking new attacks too. This will probably be quite hard to implement, but it would be very cool indeed.

Well, i was thinking about this, and i have saw it in many things, for example the "Return" Trailer, where the Jedi knight takes the double sided light-saber and his own, then turns the one end off and fights with dual light sabers, this is a unique idea, and it could be used with the sith assassin and Jedi shadow. Maybe unlocking new attacks too. This will probably be quite hard to implement, but it would be very cool indeed.

A double-bladed light saber with one end turned off is a single-bladed light saber.

A double-bladed light saber with one end turned off is a single-bladed light saber.

I know that -.- but on a single bladed lightsaber you cannot turn it into a double bladed at the press of a button can you, where as double bladed you can.

I know that -.- but on a single bladed lightsaber you cannot turn it into a double bladed at the press of a button can you, where as double bladed you can.

and your point is?

Double-bladed sabers are required for certain abilities to work. What would be the point of an Assassin or a Shadow being able to turn one blade off?

Movies and videos are different.

They can do whatever they want without running into any technical issues - hell, if they wanted they could have one character using all available weapons (saber, double-bladed saber, rifle, pistol etc), it doesn't mean it's doable in a game.

Besides, the whole "coolness" factor of Assassins/Shadows IS the double-bladed saber, so it's not like it would even add anything in that department.

Edited by TheNahash

So what? You turn off one end, it's a single blade lightsaber. Why turn it off when you can just use a single blade lightsaber?

Seriously.

So what? You turn off one end, it's a single blade lightsaber. Why turn it off when you can just use a single blade lightsaber?

Seriously.

Assassins and Shadow's NEED to use double bladed, their abilities revolve around that saber.. They cannot use single bladed, other wise their entire ability set is worthless. Also this idea would be great for RP purposes, and open up many new RP situations. I RP on SWTOR,along with my guild and this would be brilliant for RP, also their may be technical issues but i am sure they can find a way around it...

Edited by ShardBlades

Assassins and Shadow's NEED to use double bladed, their abilities revolve around that saber.. They cannot use single bladed, other wise their entire ability set is worthless. Also this idea would be great for RP purposes, and open up many new RP situations. I RP on SWTOR,along with my guild and this would be brilliant for RP, also their may be technical issues but i am sure they can find a way around it...

Dude, I am an RPer and I cannot think of a single logical plot point of a story that requires such an idiotic action. Who the hell halves their weapon's primary function? That's almost as bad as just chucking your lightsaber away during a duel and trying to slap fight instead.

It's a terrible suggestion and an even worse idea for a storyline I have ever heard. I would rather RP in Jar Jar Binks centric story than turn off my double blade. I would rather be a Jawa in a Star Wars college RP. I would rather see Twilight reworked with a Rattataki Sith Warrior, a Cathar Bounty Hunter and a Human Jedi Consular.

That is how bad of an idea it would be to turn off your double blade. It is THAT bad. It's not brilliant. That is crappy fanfiction content you guys are doing and you are better than that.

And if I find out one of your Gunsligers ends an RP on his back with one pistol being fired in the air while he's screaming because he let the bad guy get away, I'm going to Force Choke a Sith until he cries.

Dude, I am an RPer and I cannot think of a single logical plot point of a story that requires such an idiotic action. Who the hell halves their weapon's primary function? That's almost as bad as just chucking your lightsaber away during a duel and trying to slap fight instead.

It's a terrible suggestion and an even worse idea for a storyline I have ever heard. I would rather RP in Jar Jar Binks centric story than turn off my double blade. I would rather be a Jawa in a Star Wars college RP. I would rather see Twilight reworked with a Rattataki Sith Warrior, a Cathar Bounty Hunter and a Human Jedi Consular.

That is how bad of an idea it would be to turn off your double blade. It is THAT bad. It's not brilliant. That is crappy fanfiction content you guys are doing and you are better than that.

And if I find out one of your Gunsligers ends an RP on his back with one pistol being fired in the air while he's screaming because he let the bad guy get away, I'm going to Force Choke a Sith until he cries.

Holy crap, sorry for making you have a hissy fit, its a god damn suggestion. You're acting as if it's actually being implemented. At the end of the day it's a game. and besides, when darth maul gets his chopped in half, he doesn't throw the other half away and just accept his fate does he? Also when he fights qui gon jinn he only uses ONE BLADE, instead of using two.

What is the benefit, other than cosmetic, of an Assassin or Shadow using a single-bladed light saber? The whole "Darth Maul slowly extends the second blade of his never-before-seen double-bladed light saber" "surprise" is pretty much old news.

when darth maul gets his chopped in half, he doesn't throw the other half away and just accept his fate does he? Also when he fights qui gon jinn he only uses ONE BLADE, instead of using two.

Does that ever happen in the game? Can it happen in the game? You can pretend it's happened by equipping a single-bladed saber, if you want, although as Darth_Moonshadow said, I can't imagine why you would ever do that.

Edited by branmakmuffin