Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scheduled Maintenance: June 12th, 2013 [UPDATED 6:45AM PDT]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Scheduled Maintenance: June 12th, 2013 [UPDATED 6:45AM PDT]
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

06.10.2013 , 09:51 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

A bit of bad news. We were working on getting some last minute bug fixes into Game Update 2.2 and unfortunately while implementing them it created a bit of an unstable Game Update. Because of this, we are going to be delaying Game Update 2.2 while we work on correcting it. I do not have an ETA at the moment but I will give you more information once I have it. Amber will also be updating the maintenance messaging shortly.

I would also like if you had more transparency and tell us what the bug is. I think it would alleviate some of the negative feelings people will have towards the delay.

06.10.2013 , 09:51 AM | #22
Taking off days for a SWtoR patch is quite a gamble.
Zimbra - Assassin

06.10.2013 , 09:52 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sheshnir View Post
I took the whole week off for this! But I guess it was to be expected ^^
lol at taking the whole week off for the 5th difficulty of a raid

06.10.2013 , 09:52 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
Eric is there still any chance 2.2 will be implemented tomorrow, even if not at the announced time? Some of us actually took a vacation day for TfB NiM progression, and are (very) angry at the moment.
You're far form alone...
Jennifér - Marauder

The Red Eclipse

06.10.2013 , 09:52 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by iRedRIng View Post
lol at taking the whole week off for the 5th difficulty of a raid
lol @ even thinking it's because of a raid.
Sheshbeer - Sage
Lísa - Scoundrel
Qiwi - Noob shadow

06.10.2013 , 09:59 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
You're far form alone...
+1 to that.

Leaving it till last minute to announce it too is just bad form.

I appreciate you don't want to roll out a bad patch but this delay is only really affecting your more "dedicated" subscribers... Put some effort into either :
a)keeping to your own schedule.
b) explaining to us what this major flaw is so we can at least understand.

06.10.2013 , 10:01 AM | #27
Despite other posters thoughts here, I'm appreciative that they have postponed the update if it had some major issues with it, especially if they're trying to add some bug squashes along with it. Sorry, that is just much more important to take care of than getting it out ASAP for those on vacation. As with any update, they always state updates dates/times may change, so kudos for holding this up and getting a good update out.

06.10.2013 , 10:02 AM | #28
Welcome to MMOs where delays are bound to happen.

06.10.2013 , 10:02 AM | #29
You know this patch has the first progression race since EC NiM (11/15/2012). You know this patch has the possibility to revive ranked warzones by allowing server transfers.

Both PvE and PvP guilds have invested a lot in preparation for this patch on this specific day:
  • PvEers took vacations days for progression and to race for a spot on world ranking,
  • PvPers took vacations days to have their strongest setup available for what was expected to be the most active ranked warzones week ever.

Whatever bug you may have found, please make sure it is worth destroying all these efforts made by your most dedicated players by postponing the patch/transfers.

You can always deploy 2.2 as planned and deploy a quick bug-fix patch a couple of days later.

06.10.2013 , 10:04 AM | #30
facepalm......just facepalm