Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What goes with armstech?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
What goes with armstech?

Deconstructer
06.07.2013 , 03:41 PM | #1
I've tried googling it and get mixed answers. Most agree on scavenging but the 3rd is where it gets confusing. Some say investigation, some say underworld trading, and others treasure hunting. The codex says scavenging and slicing. Any advice is much appreciated.

Adric_the_Red
06.07.2013 , 03:54 PM | #2
The slicing recommendation for Armstech (in the Codex) is rather misleading.

It is true that Armstech can benefit from sliced tech parts (for making augments), but that's a rather limited benefit.

You need Scavenging and Investigation with Armstech. Scavenging will get you the "basic" materials that all your Armstech schematics will need. Investigation will get you the rare and very rare materials needed for "blue" and "purple" quality items.

Treasure Hunting and Underworld Trading will get you pretty much nothing useful for Armstech.

Deconstructer
06.07.2013 , 04:31 PM | #3
I see. Thanks, I went with investigation. What skills go with Armormech? I made a bounty hunter to play with a friend and figured I would go with armormech for him since I already have Armstech on my sniper. I just don't know what goes with armormech as far as other crew skills.

theStirge
06.07.2013 , 08:13 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Deconstructer View Post
I see. Thanks, I went with investigation. What skills go with Armormech? I made a bounty hunter to play with a friend and figured I would go with armormech for him since I already have Armstech on my sniper. I just don't know what goes with armormech as far as other crew skills.
As pointed out before, the Codex will tell you what gathering and mission skills feed which crafting skills, but just for fun:

Gathering skills

Scavenging - Armormech, Armstech, Cybertech
Archaeology - Artifice, Synthweaving
Bioanalysis - Biochem
Slicing - as a gathering skill, nothing, just gives you credits

Mission skills

Underworld Trading - Armormech, Cybertech, Synthweaving
Investigation - Armstech
Treasure Hunting - Artifice
Diplomacy - Biochem
Slicing - Armstech, Armormech, Synthweaving (Augments only)
The n'Sappho Legacy, The Harbinger
Zel'eena, 55 Combat Sentinel
Eleeta, 55 Medic Operative; Fer'eerra, 55 Lightning Sorcerer
All Chiss, all the time, all day, forever.

Deconstructer
06.08.2013 , 11:41 PM | #5
The codex is inaccurate. It recommends slicing for both armstech and armormech, which is not the real preferred mission skill for either.