Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Classes

UNITONETWENTY
06.15.2013 , 12:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Personally I'd rather see the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler as independents not tied to a side.

Put in Matukai Adept and Zeison Sha for force users as independents as well.

After that put in Imperial Guardsmen for the sith to replace BH, and to replace the smuggler I'd put in a nobleman or a scout. Don't know which one because both could be fun.

But the amount of rewriting and coding, probably never happen.
I agree with what you are saying about the Bounty hunter and smuggler being independent but I'm not to sure about the rest. A scout sounds alright though.

sspayne
06.17.2013 , 09:33 PM | #12
I think the smuggler and bounty hunter should be able to be played by both sides. also I'd like to see another race for the imperial side.

AlexDougherty
06.18.2013 , 12:34 AM | #13
How about a Combat Engineer, you can reprogramme droids, jam blasters, short out shields for a brief period (shock for a smug tank), and of course cloak. The Imperial equivalent could be called a Saboteur or something similar.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Zojak
06.18.2013 , 06:42 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Personally I'd rather see the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler as independents not tied to a side.

Put in Matukai Adept and Zeison Sha for force users as independents as well.

After that put in Imperial Guardsmen for the sith to replace BH, and to replace the smuggler I'd put in a nobleman or a scout. Don't know which one because both could be fun.

But the amount of rewriting and coding, probably never happen.
Sadly, the amount of truth and good ideas in this single post astonish me. A great idea, all around. A third, non-affiliated dynamic would make perfect sense. Able to go to every world, able to partake in every (non-class) quest. Their own class quest could allow decisions to join either side or to remain neutral or freelancing.

Adding a free lancer outpost would be all it's own.

Alas, as you mentioned, the playerbase may not be there and the amount of work that would have to go into it would be such a huge undertaking.. and at this stage, I don't personally know how I would pitch this as a good idea now. It would have been a fantastic idea earlier in development.
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men." A.J.Durai

UNITONETWENTY
06.19.2013 , 08:24 AM | #15
What if Bioware were to use some of these classes or ideas in future expansions beyond level 55. I mean they could make it so that you could create a character starting at level 50 or 55 maybe just an idea.

TyboJames
06.19.2013 , 11:58 AM | #16
I know there is a 1000 post thread about SWG vs SWTOR, but I mean, they should have learned something from the game pre NGE.

:/
-= Jedi Covanent =-
Rhayth Khaal - Guardian
"Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

Misterlizard
07.05.2013 , 06:16 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by UNITONETWENTY View Post
personally I would like to see a Mandalorian based class or classes not that I think it will happen.
This.
Please tell me what you think of my idea using the Mandos as the new empire class and the Echani as the new Republic class! I don't think it's too unrealistic. Honestly I think it's the only way they could go as far as new classes.

*ahem*

The Mandalorians and the Echani are rivals - exact opposites - yet they share values of honor and individual prowess. The Mandos, as we know, are mostly Empire-aligned, and the Echani from KOTOR2 are more partial to the ideals of the Republic. The reemergence of the Echani, and the conflict between the Echani and the Mandolorians, would be a solid ground for an expansion.

They both show skill in close combat, and even unarmed combat, so I'm thinking they would be good melee classes (this would also allow the Mandolorian to be even more different from the bounty hunter class) Here's something along the lines of what I'm thinking, as far as class and subclasses go:

EMPIRE CLASS - Mandalorian Raider
subclass - Mandalorian Gladiator (tank/dps) - uses heavy armor and large melee weapons, like the axe Mandalore uses in KOTOR2.
subclass - Mandalorian Scout (dps/healer) - uses light armor and a vibrosword.

REPUBLIC CLASS - Echani Monk (look the Echani up on Wookiepedia to learn more about them!)
subclass - Echani Sun Guard (tank/dps) the mirror of the Mandolorian Gladiator; uses heavy armor and double-bladed vibroswords.
subclass - Echani Duelist (dps/healer) mirror of the Mandolorian Scout;; uses light armor and fist weapons (since the echani excel in unarmed combat so well)

NyxNoxNothing
07.05.2013 , 08:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by UNITONETWENTY View Post
I agree with what you are saying about the Bounty hunter and smuggler being independent but I'm not to sure about the rest. A scout sounds alright though.
Honestly, the design basis for the game makes adding new classes seem unlikely. (Although i love the idea of Smugglers and Bounty Hunters being able to work with either faction.) SWTOR is very narrowly based on the simplest version of the generic MMO holy trinity of Tank/Healer/DPS, so unless you're asking for effectively a repeat of one of the existing classes with different visual effects for the skills i don't see where a new class would fit in without having to add a whole bunch of new skills and more balancing work unless it's basically a repeat of existing roles. (Although there is something to be said for keeping gameplay options highly limited for balancing purposes.)

Heck, i'd love to see Droid player characters for a variety of reasons, but that would definitely require entirely new classes and storylines. And there's the whole having to write, script, and voice act entire new storylines for any new classes in addition to any design and balancing concerns.

That said, there's no harm in asking, but i wouldn't bet on it since it would require significant resources to design and balance a class that does anything new, and i'm not sure the resources are there. (While i don't know where the devs stand on the idea i have seen people ranting in the public test server about how even allowing non-standard gearing specs makes balancing too hard to do. All new classes would trigger aneurysms.)

Dovahkiwi
07.26.2013 , 05:27 PM | #19
What about an 'Imperial Soldier' class?

jtrain
08.28.2013 , 04:20 PM | #20
... - Sorry, I posted in wrong forum