Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are people in Cover non-interruptable?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why are people in Cover non-interruptable?

Ravenschild
06.13.2013 , 04:11 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by platinumruggo View Post
They can be knocked out of entrench, it only works against CC's. My friend who plays a sniper constantly complains about how all entrench does is work against cc's and he's constantly knocked out of cover and then then cc'd lol.
Playing a sniper I can tell you that we cannot be knocked out of entrench. Im guessing your friend is being knocked right after entrench ends or hes being counter sniped by a MM sniper.

funkiestj
06.13.2013 , 11:37 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravenschild View Post
Playing a sniper I can tell you that we cannot be knocked out of entrench. Im guessing your friend is being knocked right after entrench ends or hes being counter sniped by a MM sniper.
NOTE: Diversion will take a sniper out of entrench. That and death . No CC will knock him out of entrench (as Ravenschild says).

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

DeadDogBarking
06.16.2013 , 02:15 PM | #33
Their attacks take forever for any real damage (sniper) so the interrupt is needed. You can always hit with a non ranged attack. They die to direct attacks. Operatives are a strange on because they can be in cover and still use their instant speed attacks and I think cover happens pretty quick so this is against the mobility needed for the attacks. This is pro the OP argument.

Really it doesnt take much organized play or knowledge of the classes to get a sniper. If you have stealth they should be dead from behind.

Macroeconomics
06.17.2013 , 02:25 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by skarlson View Post
There are 2 other healing acs with better survivability. One can heal with people beating on them due to CDs. The other can be almost constantly on the move while healing. Sorc/sages have to stand still for 90% of their healing without the benefit of any defensive cds.
Nah. Sorc heals > Merc heals. Everyone knows this. The Sorc is squishier. But this is readily addressed via team mate tanks and x-healing. The Sorc being squishier would have more meaning if people actually died in warzones. But since they don't if you are on a good team, the primary weakness of the Sorc is greatly lessened.

As far as the OP's question - we all know the situation. Snipers are OP. They do more damage and have better survivability than Mercs. Sorcs do more damage than Snipers theoretically, but once you factor in people targeting the Sorc, the Sniper is preferred. The rationale for this situation is that BW is simply unable to diagnose it. BW has only a single person assigned to class balance. And as well meaning as he might be, the most he is going to be able to do is read weekly meta average reports and balance using that as his metrics. And so a FotM class like Snipers will always be buffed, since their meta averages are always being pulled down by the flood of new, undergeared, low experience players. The same thing happens with melee dps (i.e. Smash Monkeys), healers (Operatives) and tanks (Assassins). There isn't a solution to this. It is simply how BW operates.