Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are people in Cover non-interruptable?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why are people in Cover non-interruptable?

Fouronezero
06.07.2013 , 12:36 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Crashedhardrive View Post
I think your friend is wrong. When I try to knock them out of an entrench it does nothing.
^ This
Entrench - Entrenches you into cover, becoming immune to all controlling effects. Only usable in cover. Ends prematurely if cover is exited. Lasts 20 seconds.

Key words ALL controlling effects which is knockbacks, push, pull, stuns, etc
Fouroneoh
Infinity Gate > Prophecy of the Five

skarlson
06.07.2013 , 01:50 PM | #22
Yep. Apparently it's ok for one turret class to function as a turret but not the other *read sorc/sage*. The logic of Biofail is beyond amazing honestly.
"Unlimited powahahaha! I can't say it..." -Darth Sidious as a Sorcerer

cycao
06.07.2013 , 01:55 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by skarlson View Post
Yep. Apparently it's ok for one turret class to function as a turret but not the other *read sorc/sage*. The logic of Biofail is beyond amazing honestly.
Don't forget mercs. And you make it sound like they suck which they don't, they are totally rank viable as dps and heals.

Paulman
06.07.2013 , 02:06 PM | #24
Honestly I wouldn't call GS/snipers a turret class anymore. They are more mobile than most really.

skarlson
06.07.2013 , 02:09 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Don't forget mercs. And you make it sound like they suck which they don't, they are totally rank viable as dps and heals.
Viable and optimal are separate things.

Jayshames
06.07.2013 , 02:11 PM | #26
The same reason "people" shoot rockets, while others shoot Lightning, while others throw light sabres. Because classes have to be different or they'd be no point in having 8 choices of advanced class.

cycao
06.07.2013 , 02:12 PM | #27
Viable and optimal are separate things.
Fine, healing and dps are both optimal.

funkiestj
06.07.2013 , 02:38 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Fouronezero View Post
^ This
Entrench - Entrenches you into cover, becoming immune to all controlling effects. Only usable in cover. Ends prematurely if cover is exited. Lasts 20 seconds.

Key words ALL controlling effects which is knockbacks, push, pull, stuns, etc
Diversion is one thing that will knock you out of entrench (hunker down). Of course diversion is not a controlling effect. I.e. a Marksman (sharpshooter) spec sniper (gunslinger) can knock another operative (scoundrel) out of cover.
  • you do diversion on a sniper/slinger
  • your buddy force leaps (or pulls) the sniper/slinger

is a standard tactic. Of course this requires you an a team mate to act as a team.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Maelael
06.07.2013 , 02:51 PM | #29
This x Infinity. My level 55 min max partisan sorc is now an excellent crafter and backup healer for Ops. I even traded all of his ranked and unranked coms for Planetaries and medpacks for my Jugg.

Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
Diversion is one thing that will knock you out of entrench (hunker down). Of course diversion is not a controlling effect. I.e. a Marksman (sharpshooter) spec sniper (gunslinger) can knock another operative (scoundrel) out of cover.
  • you do diversion on a sniper/slinger
  • your buddy force leaps (or pulls) the sniper/slinger

is a standard tactic. Of course this requires you an a team mate to act as a team.
I dont mind snipers that entrench that much. Gives me time to lay out some taunts and ensure the sniper is armor debuffed, so if/when the DDs get their acts together, they go down quickly.

Mind you, not as quick as say, any other DD save a mara.

Other nice part about snipers, especially if they are focused elsewhere, is they stay put while being fried by Sorcs or shot up by other DDs. Course, Sorcs are also static without all those "bonuses".

Bottom line is Snipers are OP, but not impossible. Just know their limits and use other CCs/Abilities. Helps if you kill their healer too.

skarlson
06.07.2013 , 02:59 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Fine, healing and dps are both optimal.
You must be joking or you don't PVP much. Sorc/sages are not optimal in any category. There are classes that do the same or better burst/dps with better survivability and the same or better cc. There are 2 other healing acs with better survivability. One can heal with people beating on them due to CDs. The other can be almost constantly on the move while healing. Sorc/sages have to stand still for 90% of their healing without the benefit of any defensive cds. They can achieve the same stand still while healing with a guard on them or someone else healing but so can others.

Can you play and even enjoy a sorc/sage? Yes. It is most certainly not optimal however.