Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Canceling subsctribtion - credits ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Canceling subsctribtion - credits ?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheNahash
06.07.2013 , 03:59 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
You guys are horrible. I admit that Wookiee love is very violent, but you want to exterminate them?
Off with their heads
Best Suggestion 2013

DamionSchubert
06.07.2013 , 09:10 AM | #12 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
They will be locked in a security trust and managed by the hutts.

You will have no access to your money above the verge of 350.000 credits for preferred players. There are cartel items allowing your to withdraw credits from this trust.

The moment you subscribe again, the hutts reluctantly give you back your money and kill a wookiee (win-win situation!)
This guy is correct, and is so with delightful flavor I might add.

Subscribers who unsubscribe get moved down to 'preferred' status. I believe your cap at that point will be 350K. Every other credit that you have, and that you earn while capped, is put into 'escrow'. You can purchase the ability to withdraw credits from escrow. Also, if you resubscribe, access to these credits are restored.

I know this is annoying, but this is actually a design decision that was made primarily to slow down credit farmers using free accounts to abuse the game. We are continually examining things like this to see if we can lessen these sorts of restrictions on players without creating a haven for credit farmers.
SWTOR Lead Designer

Tachenko_Yuri
06.07.2013 , 09:55 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by iankalo View Post
What will happend with my milions of credits if Im become f2p for a while ? I know f2p have 200k limit. So , I`ll have 200k and the rest ot my credits will be erased (gone) forever or I`ll have it back when I re-sub ?
your earned credits will go into an escrow thingy which will allow you to Ransom Back your own digital money, with real money ( coins )

Pietrastor
06.08.2013 , 07:42 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post

Subscribers who unsubscribe get moved down to 'preferred' status. I believe your cap at that point will be 350K. Every other credit that you have, and that you earn while capped, is put into 'escrow'. You can purchase the ability to withdraw credits from escrow. Also, if you resubscribe, access to these credits are restored.

I know this is annoying, but this is actually a design decision that was made primarily to slow down credit farmers using free accounts to abuse the game. We are continually examining things like this to see if we can lessen these sorts of restrictions on players without creating a haven for credit farmers.
But the accounts with 350k credit cap are Preferred = required money from former subscription, ROTHC or Cartel Coins purchase. These ain't the ones credit farming bots use

Rankyn
06.08.2013 , 08:20 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
But the accounts with 350k credit cap are Preferred = required money from former subscription, ROTHC or Cartel Coins purchase. These ain't the ones credit farming bots use
It only takes $5 to become a preferred account and if it gave them unrestricted access to credits, credit farmers would gladly pay that.
...probably with stolen credit cards.

Rincewend
06.10.2013 , 02:01 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post

A pretty good system in other games with caps you go over and it is gone. At least this saves it and you have a way to get to it.

darkbadeo
06.10.2013 , 02:08 AM | #17
actualy you say real money but jsut doing the story missions will give you cartel points from hte achievment list
and the excrow cartel unlock cost almost nothing
10 25 and 50
to open up your credits a bit

i earn 50 cartel creds with going on a kill spree ona planet( getting those 1000 kills for a achievment)
Owner of a CE version of Star Wars The Old Republic
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_--_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-