Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So when are we getting that free name change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So when are we getting that free name change?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chuixupu
06.06.2013 , 03:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Octom View Post
Wow, what a very simple solution to a problem that is SOOOOOOOOOOOO HARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD.

I know he can't, but I'd love for Eric or any of the community people to finally admit that ANY of the decisions made that screw the players in some way is really all about money.
Looks to me that in this case, they're actually taking time and resources to do it right and give everyone a fair option, rather than just taking the easy route.

Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
So.. Give all SUBS 1k CC's instead and spend the time/labor on something else. Some folks don't care about the rename and others would be excited to see this resolved finally.
Just because you don't want a free rename, it does not entitle you to getting something else free instead. If a restaurant is offering a free slice of pie, would you go in and say "I don't like pie, just give me a free sandwich instead"?
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

dscount
06.06.2013 , 03:24 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Just because you don't want a free rename, it does not entitle you to getting something else free instead. If a restaurant is offering a free slice of pie, would you go in and say "I don't like pie, just give me a free sandwich instead"?
I've got a rename all ready to go. I was waiting for Tuesday to do the swapping out of my name, but apparently that's not going to happen now.

If said Sandwich is just as easy to deliver and of equal value then YES I would go in and say that, but that's not the case here.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
How is your lack of patience a bait and switch?
To be frank - They deployed a cash version of this, but the free one was not available at the same time. Now we are going to wait a couple more weeks. Annoyed is the term I would use, but not lack of patience. I've had my name saved for awhile now waiting for this promised free feature.
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

Jacen_Starsolo
06.06.2013 , 03:31 PM | #23
Looks to me that in this case, they're actually taking time and resources to do it right and give everyone a fair option, rather than just taking the easy route.

He can ask for the sandwich. It's up to the restaurant whether he gets the sandwich or not. It's not up to the other guy eating at the restaurant aka you.

chuixupu
06.06.2013 , 03:34 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
He can ask for the sandwich. It's up to the restaurant whether he gets the sandwich or not. It's not up to the other guy eating at the restaurant aka you.
There are so many hilarious things about this post.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

tglass
06.06.2013 , 03:49 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Actually, this is sort of how it is going to work! The problem we run into with just sending a rename token is where do we send it? Let's say you have characters on multiple servers, how could we know which server you want the character rename on? If everyone only played on one server, it would be a bit simpler.
Add the token as an unclaimed item in the Cartel Market. That is account wide and can only be claimed once.
Darganon: JOINT COMMAND
PAXDOMINUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

Tatile
06.06.2013 , 03:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Actually, this is sort of how it is going to work! The problem we run into with just sending a rename token is where do we send it? Let's say you have characters on multiple servers, how could we know which server you want the character rename on? If everyone only played on one server, it would be a bit simpler.

What we are going to do in order to solve this problem is launch a character rename page on the website. From there you will be able to select exactly which character you want the rename for on your account. Once you have selected that specific character, we will mail you, in-game, a token to rename them. This will allow us to get around the potential issue I highlighted above.

I agree the solution you proposed is a fairly simple one, but unfortunately it just wouldn't work for a portion of our playerbase.
Could this function also include cross-checking name availability as well, or is that not feasible? (I'm not fussed personally, my name is reserved, but other people have mentioned not getting their desired name after spending the CC/credits.)

dscount
06.06.2013 , 03:56 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Could this function also include cross-checking name availability as well, or is that not feasible? (I'm not fussed personally, my name is reserved, but other people have mentioned not getting their desired name after spending the CC/credits.)
I don't think so as it's a moving target. Names you want you need to set aside on a temp toon. Delete that toon right before you want to rename so you have it available. Unless someone is really quick and snatches that name between those two actions. The rename token is not used if no name change happens.
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

Jacen_Starsolo
06.06.2013 , 03:56 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Yeah, the only way to do this now requires having an open slot on the server. Create a toon and see if the name is available before buying the rename token.

Jacen_Starsolo
06.06.2013 , 03:57 PM | #29
There are so many hilarious things about this post.

Let the man enjoy his sandwich if they give him one. I'd rather have pie depending on the type of sandwich. lol

Alec_Fortescue
06.06.2013 , 04:05 PM | #30
I'd prefer getting 1k cc. :/

Or some info on the hood toggle.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?