Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

so when im all decked out in black market gear, what do i do with the elite comms?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
so when im all decked out in black market gear, what do i do with the elite comms?

RICKTHELEGEND
06.05.2013 , 09:26 PM | #1
can i get some different armor/mods from the vendors, and mail to adds? or is there something else?

Zalekanzer
06.05.2013 , 10:23 PM | #2
Gear your most to least used companions? *shrug*
<The Harbinger> Anzer Katzin Requiel Zevka Katzera

Darth_Dreselus
06.05.2013 , 10:44 PM | #3
Either that or buy the schematics, or buy gear and sell it 2 hours later, same as with BH comms pre 2.0.

Same goes for Ulties. It's also really annoying that comms are almost useless for tanks as the only things you can get are OH, belt and bracer amrourings (and one for non set piece slot) and only B mods. DPS at least get the BiS mods. So in a like a week or two of raiding you won't need those comms anymore.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

Qvasar
06.06.2013 , 05:58 AM | #4
Honestly I think Elite Commendations are there for you to gear companions only. Every rock you kick in game seems to drop a few of these and most hit the weekly cap by Thursday

It's not endgame gear, doesn't have a set bonus, so what use are you gonna give it except companions?

ValantheLiadon
06.06.2013 , 07:29 AM | #5
Another option is to RE the components in an attempt to learn schematics to craft for other people later (or for yourself). This is especially handy for pieces like Barrels and Hilts where non-raiders can only get offhands.

tanerb
06.06.2013 , 07:39 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
Either that or buy the schematics, or buy gear and sell it 2 hours later, same as with BH comms pre 2.0.

Same goes for Ulties. It's also really annoying that comms are almost useless for tanks as the only things you can get are OH, belt and bracer amrourings (and one for non set piece slot) and only B mods. DPS at least get the BiS mods. So in a like a week or two of raiding you won't need those comms anymore.
where do you buy schematics with elite comms?

Qvasar
06.06.2013 , 08:36 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ValantheLiadon View Post
Another option is to RE the components in an attempt to learn schematics to craft for other people later (or for yourself). This is especially handy for pieces like Barrels and Hilts where non-raiders can only get offhands.
Materials are so rare and expensive that I don't see a point in this. If it was endgame gear sure, but it's a tier below. Why spend 1mill on a hilt/barrel if it isn't even the best (and yes I kno some people do, but still...)

PlasmaJohn
06.06.2013 , 08:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
Materials are so rare and expensive that I don't see a point in this. If it was endgame gear sure, but it's a tier below. Why spend 1mill on a hilt/barrel if it isn't even the best (and yes I kno some people do, but still...)
Getting a MH drop requires getting a lucky roll in TC if one drops or being able to run S&V and winning the roll. As of this morning I can buy a Might 30 hilt on JC for ~850k, that's 4-5 days of grinding Ilum, BH and Section X dailies. Guess it all depends on how badly you need those credits.

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani

wainot-keel
06.06.2013 , 08:55 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by PlasmaJohn View Post
Getting a MH drop requires getting a lucky roll in TC if one drops or being able to run S&V and winning the roll. As of this morning I can buy a Might 30 hilt on JC for ~850k, that's 4-5 days of grinding Ilum, BH and Section X dailies. Guess it all depends on how badly you need those credits.
Grinding dailies for creds sucks ***, but losing rolls week after week does to. Big difference is, with every daily you turn in, you're a bit closer to your goal. You lose a roll this week and the next one you're in the same place.

Asavrede
06.06.2013 , 09:27 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ValantheLiadon View Post
Why would anyone do this, when the comms themselves are much easier to get than the materials needed to craft these pieces? There's an over-supply, so there's no market for crafting anyway.