Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

awesome job bioware for caving to the l33t stun loving pvpers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
awesome job bioware for caving to the l33t stun loving pvpers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kilora
06.06.2013 , 09:53 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by xxIncubixx View Post
this games pvp is crap anyway worse i have ever seen. after 2.0 it actually managed to become even more *******r, which tbh i thought it was impossible, this game is dieing if not already dead, EA is just trying to milk what they can before the inevitable fail.
Oh no, the sky is falling!

Funny, this PvP is leagues more balanced than many other games. Yeah, it definitely has issues that need to be addressed, but it isn't the worst out there, not by a long shot.

And LOL, game is dying?! Where have you been? Did you see the last earnings call? Notice any of the new additions to files in datamines? Take that as a no. . .

ForsakenKing
06.06.2013 , 09:55 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
I have to admit, sometimes it does feel that way. But in this case there were some great points made by our veteran PvP crowd and we decided to hold the change back to a later version in order to address those points. In the end PTS is exactly for getting this type of feedback. As for the tone of the responses, I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough. We have made big strides here but there is still plenty of room for improvement. We'll keep pushing ourselves to do better, with the goal of making the forums a better place for all.
^This. There where loads of great reasons BW didnt need to change the stun breaker. Every decent PvPer knew why this wouldnt work. People who played in ranked or watch ranked matches on twitch knew even more/better reason why it shouldnt go into effect. The vocal minority wasnt the people who this specific change, it was people who didnt.

Does this mean i agree with the resolve system/being stunned for long periods of time? No. However, this was not the correct fix.

Jadescythe
06.06.2013 , 09:58 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
This was the reasoning behind changing how resolve build up because players used stuns like they were going out of style.
Right, everyone used it whenever it lit up (like CC breaker apparently) and their solution was to allow people to be stunned far more often and for longer periods of time (exactly what people didn't want). Half the time I feel like people get within ten meters just to use their stun and run away when they could have just stayed at range in the first place.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

ImpactHound
06.06.2013 , 10:00 AM | #64
Sometimes I get frustrated by balance issues or arena comps in WoW, but when it gets to be too much, I come here to see threads like this and think "well, it could be worse." And then I don't feel so bad being below 2000.

cycao
06.06.2013 , 10:02 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Right, everyone used it whenever it lit up (like CC breaker apparently) and their solution was to allow people to be stunned far more often and for longer periods of time (exactly what people didn't want). Half the time I feel like people get within ten meters just to use their stun and run away when they could have just stayed at range in the first place.
And players who did not know when to use CC now know when to which is leading to your character being controlled longer since they are more patient in either letting the resolve bar train a bit to allow another hard stun from filling the bar or not throwing a hard stun into a target which was just stunned which will not more the resolve bar.

Pistols
06.06.2013 , 10:05 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Asavrede View Post
Forums are frequented by less than 10% of the playerbase in most games, yet those 10% whine enough to get the changes they want.

Anyway, I think there is way too much CC in PvP - doing away with it almost entirely might not be a bad thing. Certainly stun breaks could be on (much) shorter cooldowns. Resetting on death sounded like a great idea - why was it rolled back??

Also ... immunity timers for out of combat CC. Please.
Perhaps if you learned to read, you'd have an answer, instead of QQ'ing...

cycao
06.06.2013 , 10:10 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Perhaps if you learned to read, you'd have an answer, instead of QQ'ing...
Reading is for rich people.

Pistols
06.06.2013 , 10:12 AM | #68
I have to admit, sometimes it does feel that way. But in this case there were some great points made by our veteran PvP crowd and we decided to hold the change back to a later version in order to address those points. In the end PTS is exactly for getting this type of feedback. As for the tone of the responses, I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough. We have made big strides here but there is still plenty of room for improvement. We'll keep pushing ourselves to do better, with the goal of making the forums a better place for all.
Thank you for clarifying this, it's very much appreciated.

Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Reading is for rich people.
ikr? Lol

islander
06.06.2013 , 10:12 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
Oh no, the sky is falling!

Funny, this PvP is leagues more balanced than many other games. Yeah, it definitely has issues that need to be addressed, but it isn't the worst out there, not by a long shot.

And LOL, game is dying?! Where have you been? Did you see the last earnings call? Notice any of the new additions to files in datamines? Take that as a no. . .
Pretty much this. People who leave this game pvp wise are leaving because of the lack of PvP content, not the PvP itself.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Apeth
06.06.2013 , 10:12 AM | #70
Bruce you guys have done nothing wrong so there's no need to apologise. What you need to do is make changes to the game you and your fellow devs think are right and tell these bunch of Muppets to ****. Because half the current issues are due to listening to the conflicting ideas of so called experienced pro players which means the way forward becomes confused. Some say red some say blue no ones right if these fellow subscribers knew what they were talking about they would be working for a developer.
Jeracho/Jera-cho/Ezekeol ' Triumvirate of the Grey'- Masters of Light and Dark, Darths of the Sith Empire. Memeber of the Apostles of the Force - Red Eclipse.