Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

awesome job bioware for caving to the l33t stun loving pvpers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
awesome job bioware for caving to the l33t stun loving pvpers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

astrobearx
06.05.2013 , 09:37 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
For those who understand PvP, it very much was indeed one of those times.

Bads tend to disagree.
so wait, i am a "bad" because i sick and tired of the stuns and rooting?
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

Pistols
06.05.2013 , 09:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post
No, you're bad because you think the vocal minority were QQ'ing and the team made a bad decision based on that, without even understanding the impact that change would have brought on. To you, it's about reducing stun lock and rooting only, to those who understand PvP, it's about wrecking gameplay with that change. You seem to not understand, that that vocal minority wants to have the same as you, but they knew that the proposed idea would not work and fail in WZ's.

My suggestion, would be to read the PTS thread on this issue, or read my first post in this thread detailing why.

It's not an opinion, it's fact.

MahneWarrior
06.05.2013 , 09:57 PM | #23
Think about it just for a moment, cc breaker reset on death. People will have to kill themselves while playing def if they pop their breaker, dying on purpose would be a new neta. Does that sound like fun? Being expected to kill yourself? Not capping a door in voidstar because cc'ing those that rezz would no longer be a viable option, since people will just break it.?

Does that sound like fun?

Baalzamon
06.05.2013 , 10:00 PM | #24
They should focus on making the resolve work better. The immunity needs to last longer while you are white bared.

schmel
06.05.2013 , 10:04 PM | #25
1st line
im not sure what are you trying to hint at here? please elaborate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OThqZEMBf7M skip to 00:23 and watch until 1:22. If you still don't get it, you're prolly not going to.
"You took time out of your day to NOT answer the question, but tell me that you don't like them. That is what your adult mind thought would be a good use of your time and effort, sidetracking a very basic question, so that other people would hear your opinion on something that you don't even care that much about."--Atownarmy

Zalekanzer
06.05.2013 , 10:11 PM | #26
1st line

because stuns and roots DO always lead to you dying. im not sure what are you trying to hint at here? please elaborate.

You stated that sometimes (situation A) always leads to (situation B). This implies that sometimes (situation A) does not always lead to (situation B), even though always is an absolute.
<The Harbinger> Anzer Katzin Requiel Zevka Katzera

DarthSabreth
06.05.2013 , 10:15 PM | #27
All of this came with the resolve change back in patch 1.4, this allowed you to be stun locked untill you die. pre 1.4 you could only be stunned 2 times then it will fill and you were imune. now by the time it fills you are dead and you get the pleasure of watching it drop while you wait to be let out of the rez zone. patch 1.4 was the worst patch ever for pvp and in my opinion made pvp much less fun to play. Even if they did the reset on the stun break you will still have issues with being stunlocked.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Freedannad
06.05.2013 , 10:20 PM | #28
Is this a thread complaining about bioware listening to its customers? Now I have seen it all. These forums are so mind numbing. I need to stop reading them.

mhobin
06.05.2013 , 10:28 PM | #29
Im sorry but think about stun breakers resetting on death a little deeper.

How do you cap a door on voidstar. You try and kill the other team and stun them on the way out of the spawn. But wait they all have their breaker up. Nobody will ever cap a door again.

When you are trying to cap a side node in Civil War, one person caps while the others "block" and cc the people coming in on the speeders. But wait they all have their cc breakers up. Nodes will never change hands again. (P.S this is why people yell at bads who cap next to a person)

If you think about pvp gameplay and what it means if everyone has cc breakers up upon death it completely breaks the game. Entire maps will now be auto-ties when two good teams play each other. Oh and healers would be more powerful and it is a huge nerf to operatives and assassins.

Just go back to 1.4 stun system (while keeping the range stun nerfs they added). Everyone agrees that there is more stuns and roots then necessary in the game. But fixing it can't break the game.

Cheers,
Hobi
Jedi Covenant
Prime Defense

schmel
06.05.2013 , 11:53 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by mhobin View Post
(P.S this is why people yell at bads who cap next to a person)
Possibly the single most annoying behavior in all of PvP. When you stand there "capping" a 1-person objective (UNLIKE the nodes in novare coast) that someone else is already capping, you are effectively stunning yourself--seriously, for all intents and purposes, you might as well be stunned.
"You took time out of your day to NOT answer the question, but tell me that you don't like them. That is what your adult mind thought would be a good use of your time and effort, sidetracking a very basic question, so that other people would hear your opinion on something that you don't even care that much about."--Atownarmy