Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

awesome job bioware for caving to the l33t stun loving pvpers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
awesome job bioware for caving to the l33t stun loving pvpers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

islander
06.07.2013 , 10:15 AM | #181
I like the idea of implementing DR on stun actually. Not so sure about 50-75%, but something less then that, but not meaningless, like 33% or something.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Pistols
06.07.2013 , 10:29 AM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Thank you for proving that only the profiteers from a certain mechanic are going to defend it.

No, the players defending the reversal understood how PvP mechanics work as well as the impact it has on gameplay; honestly those "few PvP'ers" are trying to make PvP enjoyable for everyone and not just themselves, which includes you.

I do believe now that you really like the stunning as it is now. I'm sure that you were one of those who were against the cancelled implementation. Because you profit from how it is now.

I have said several times this week that the amount of stuns (and the countless ways to control players) is a bit much, and like many around here would like to see the Resolve mechanic have more of an impact in decreasing said control. And yes, I was against the change for good reason, and it had nothing to do with me getting something out of it.

I bet you don't have any clue how PvE works in SWTOR.

I honeslty do not, because IMO that gameplay doesn't excite me. I prefer a challenge in which nothing is "scripted" and where you need to react fast to the many tactics that are employed in PvP. However, having said that, I don't have any issues with PvE it's just not something I find remotely challenging. It also has nothing to do with this topic.

You are a good candidate for these stories : "The weird people you meet in Group Finder"

Thanks for the support, I also enjoy private moments up in my Yacht.
Thank you for your feedback.

cycao
06.07.2013 , 02:07 PM | #183
This thread has let me down today.

DroidDreamer
06.16.2013 , 12:15 AM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
I have to admit, sometimes it does feel that way. But in this case there were some great points made by our veteran PvP crowd and we decided to hold the change back to a later version in order to address those points. In the end PTS is exactly for getting this type of feedback. As for the tone of the responses, I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough. We have made big strides here but there is still plenty of room for improvement. We'll keep pushing ourselves to do better, with the goal of making the forums a better place for all.
I commend the devs for listening to the community. No one likes excessive stuns but this was not the answer and would have obviated many fun and legit tactics like stuns/mezzes to allow the cap on Voidstar or Alderaan.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.