Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unsure what to make of this

Qvasar
06.06.2013 , 05:52 AM | #11
Regardless of what you've done their reaction is unjustifiable and moronic. If you pick up a random player from fleet general chat you must be prepared to whatever may come out of it. It is a risk, either you are willing to take it or not.

However, I don't think you should have responded to their LFM since:
  • You had no knowledge of the tactics.
  • You had never done S&V.

If you are not in a guild doing progression it is common courtesy (and sense) to learn the tactics before joining anything.

Furthermore it was a guild 16man, you were a pug, and you didn't even know the tactics. Why click the shield at all? There seems to be a "if it's blue I click it complex" in this game

AnAnonymousGuy
06.06.2013 , 06:06 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
Regardless of what you've done their reaction is unjustifiable and moronic. If you pick up a random player from fleet general chat you must be prepared to whatever may come out of it. It is a risk, either you are willing to take it or not.

However, I don't think you should have responded to their LFM since:
  • You had no knowledge of the tactics.
  • You had never done S&V.

If you are not in a guild doing progression it is common courtesy (and sense) to learn the tactics before joining anything.

Furthermore it was a guild 16man, you were a pug, and you didn't even know the tactics. Why click the shield at all? There seems to be a "if it's blue I click it complex" in this game
It wasn't a guild run, it was just a random group put together. As I explained in my OP, I clicked the shield because of the fact people were becoming frantic at the first shield-to-second shield transition. I wanted to be helpful, that's all. Finally, I made it very clear I didn't know the fights. They could have just declined, and no harm would have been done, but they accepted me.

Qvasar
06.06.2013 , 06:26 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AnAnonymousGuy View Post
It wasn't a guild run, it was just a random group put together. As I explained in my OP, I clicked the shield because of the fact people were becoming frantic at the first shield-to-second shield transition. I wanted to be helpful, that's all. Finally, I made it very clear I didn't know the fights. They could have just declined, and no harm would have been done, but they accepted me.
Sorry I assumed it was a guild run since you talked about being on mumble. I understand you clicked it because you were trying to help and that you informed the leasder you didn't know the tactics (something that many people don't bother doing). But still, taking the shield is the offtank's responsability, unless the raid leader says otherwise. When you click it you are assuming that responsability. It's pretty much the same as you see a guy chocking in a crowded room and you yell "don't worry I got this" when you have no idea what you are doing. Better stay still and let someone handle it.

But just to make it clear, they were jerks, I agree with that 100%. I'm just pointing out what I believe to be your mistakes so that this doesn't happen again to you or anyone else who reads this.

AnAnonymousGuy
06.06.2013 , 06:35 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
Sorry I assumed it was a guild run since you talked about being on mumble. I understand you clicked it because you were trying to help and that you informed the leasder you didn't know the tactics (something that many people don't bother doing). But still, taking the shield is the offtank's responsability, unless the raid leader says otherwise. When you click it you are assuming that responsability. It's pretty much the same as you see a guy chocking in a crowded room and you yell "don't worry I got this" when you have no idea what you are doing. Better stay still and let someone handle it.

But just to make it clear, they were jerks, I agree with that 100%. I'm just pointing out what I believe to be your mistakes so that this doesn't happen again to you or anyone else who reads this.
I think the raid leader was just using his guild's mumble.

And don't worry, your points were 110% valid. I was just clearing up some of the facts that I didn't make clear in my original post. I sure as hell won't be touching anything blue again.

ImmortalLowlife
06.06.2013 , 07:03 AM | #15
Mane u ain't got NOTHING to feel sorry about. U told em from tha jump "I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING, I DON'T KNOW THE FIGHT..." if they can't take time to tell u what's going on & what to expect then that's on them NOT U. Don't apologize for something that could have been avoided with a lil effort on the part of anyone who'd run it b4. Elitist fools make me sick....they just insecure coward azz ppl who love to talk tough from safe places.

#I'd have told everyone who went off on me to "killyoself"
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Fiamma_Verde
06.06.2013 , 07:28 AM | #16
You did the right thing telling them that you didn't know the fights, and it was their choice to bring you, and it was rude for them not to explain things to you.

Although you shouldn't have clicked the shield without knowing the mechanics, the abuse was absolutely not justified.

Some people are jerks. Don't worry about it.

GeckoOBac
06.06.2013 , 07:39 AM | #17
Other people already said this but I'm bored, so :P

Cursing and abusive behaviour aren't really warranted or justified, you did say you were unfamiliar with the fights and you even joined mumble.

That said, I really have to wonder what's with people and clicking stuff If it was the first time anywhere, I wouldn't dare touch anything unless explicitly told about it... But every time I pug an ops, there somebody that goes and touches something he should... See the pylons in EV, see the fabricator consoles, people jumping in the minefield at vorgath and random channels in kephess the undying. Oh and ofc the door panel at the operations chief!

So yeah, learn from your mistakes, yadda yadda, don't ever touch anything in ops unless you are told to :P
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

AnAnonymousGuy
06.06.2013 , 07:45 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
Other people already said this but I'm bored, so :P

Cursing and abusive behaviour aren't really warranted or justified, you did say you were unfamiliar with the fights and you even joined mumble.

That said, I really have to wonder what's with people and clicking stuff If it was the first time anywhere, I wouldn't dare touch anything unless explicitly told about it... But every time I pug an ops, there somebody that goes and touches something he should... See the pylons in EV, see the fabricator consoles, people jumping in the minefield at vorgath and random channels in kephess the undying. Oh and ofc the door panel at the operations chief!

So yeah, learn from your mistakes, yadda yadda, don't ever touch anything in ops unless you are told to :P
Funny thing is, I was actually once shouted at in HM EV for NOT doing the pylons, even though we'd agreed that the Healers wouldn't touch them, since the damage spike from the really big dude requires my full attention. It was nothing as bad as the reaction I got last night for touching the shield, but maybe this contributed to my "maybe I should be the one doing something here" mindset, I dunno.

Radzkie
06.06.2013 , 08:10 AM | #19
I can understand the groups frustration with you. They should of explained the fight, but since they didn't, they probably thought that you'd just follow along and heal. You didn't know the mechanics so why would you assume that clicking the shield would help? I don't understand that part.

MMO 1.01: Just because there's a shiny object doesn't mean that you should click it.

That said, irregardless of the mistake, them swearing at you wasn't necessary, especially since it was the first pull of a PUG raid.
Imperial Agent: "Are you done talking? Can I go ahead and kill you now? Yes? Good."

uziforyou
06.06.2013 , 08:41 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
obviously the raid was justified after you wiped them because you didnt bother to look at your mini map, take direction, look out there for the next shield spot, or notice anything. It sounds like you tunnel visioned and panicked. Having not had anyone explain the fight to me my first time in there I figured it out simply by opening my eyes and looking around. It sounds like you need to improve your situational awareness.
You are just that awesome. Nothing else explains it because most people need to have things broken down for them or they learn by trial and error. But not you because you are uber. Congrats!
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."