Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Respawn Fix is way Overdue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Companion Respawn Fix is way Overdue
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Hyfy
06.20.2013 , 04:54 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by BadOrb View Post
That's great news , I wonder if you can look into companions loosing buffs , after dismounting a speeder and after catching a taxi please ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.
Now I thought I had seen the same thing, but when I started actively watching it it just seems as though it has a few seconds of delay before the buffs get acknowledged and applied.

Edit: Last night I saw what you were talking about. It does seem to be intermittent though. Sometimes they never came up and sometimes it took a few seconds for them to show up. Not sure what the direct cause is though, I haven't noticed any commonality between the events when it happened.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Elminster_cs
06.20.2013 , 05:29 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hi everyone,

For those of us that play with one or two others on a regular basis, we know this can lead to frustrating encounters and/or missed companion affection. (I know I've had conversations where I forgot to resummon after using Rocket Boost for instance.)

The good news is that Game Update 2.2.1 has a lot of bug fixes, and the issue preventing Companion Characters from summoning on dismount while players are in a group is one of them!

*Edit* There's also a separate bug fix that ensures that Companions are summoned before a conversation begins if it's started while mounted, as this can happen to players who are not in a group.

We use a workaround, just leave the group, summon the companion again, re join the group. Easy and simple. ^_^
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

Voxx_Voltaare
06.20.2013 , 06:00 PM | #63
Hi everyone,

For those of us that play with one or two others on a regular basis, we know this can lead to frustrating encounters and/or missed companion affection. (I know I've had conversations where I forgot to resummon after using Rocket Boost for instance.)

The good news is that Game Update 2.2.1 has a lot of bug fixes, and the issue preventing Companion Characters from summoning on dismount while players are in a group is one of them!

*Edit* There's also a separate bug fix that ensures that Companions are summoned before a conversation begins if it's started while mounted, as this can happen to players who are not in a group.

That's great to hear. If you are still monitoring this thread, I'd like to make a request when it comes to patch notes. It seems that most of the time(except for specific hotfixes) that patch notes tend to only list the highlights of the patch. I'm sure often times there are many smaller fixes that may seem inconsequential but would really be helpful to know about. Some people call these stealth fixes. I don't know what your internal policy is on what you want to disclose when it comes to patches, but the more info the better I think. I want to make sure any and all minor or QoL fixes make it into the patch notes, no matter how trivial it may seem. Or maybe put out a highlight one and a more robust one for those that care. Is this possible?
The Voltaare Legacy /// Harbinger
Ætheriä - SentinelDöctör-Stränge - Scoundrel

stars_fan
06.20.2013 , 06:48 PM | #64
So you guys FINALLY read some of those beta bug reports I submitted.

Now fix the camera angle bug please

Hyfy
06.20.2013 , 07:26 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by stars_fan View Post
So you guys FINALLY read some of those beta bug reports I submitted.

Now fix the camera angle bug please
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

stephenalandavie
06.20.2013 , 10:17 PM | #66
Hi everyone,

Will force shroud be fixed???
Woa, oh, oh, oh
For the longest time

demonolithic
06.20.2013 , 11:53 PM | #67
Well holy cow! I am impressed indeed if this is fixed without breaking something like companions having their weapons drawn all the time again. Would be even more impressed if you also fix the weapons that loose their effects as well as the very important bug of the GCD activating without the skill pressed going off. Yeah, passive aggressive but it's about as nice as I can be after being here since beta lol.
.. let me start by saying nothing...
Cochise
The Shadowlands

manchusabre
06.25.2013 , 10:23 AM | #68
This seems to have been messed up forever in one way or another. Odd that it keeps happening.

Ashenti
06.25.2013 , 10:30 AM | #69
Seems this bug fix has produced another, really annoying, situation.

Whenever you dismount now, the last companion you had called will be resumoned, even if they are undertaking a crew skill task :/

bladorthin
06.25.2013 , 10:47 AM | #70
This bug has been around since beta (I remember reporting it). Hopefully this fixes it.