Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Respawn Fix is way Overdue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Companion Respawn Fix is way Overdue
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheNahash
06.20.2013 , 11:16 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hi everyone,
*Edit* There's also a separate bug fix that ensures that Companions are summoned before a conversation begins if it's started while mounted, as this can happen to players who are not in a group.

That's awesome!
Thanks for letting us know Amber!
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

metalfenix
06.20.2013 , 11:36 AM | #52
This is a very annoying bug, happened to me when I joined a group with 2 others to 3 man some heroic 4 (we were using my companion, kira), and when we used our speeders, I had to re summon her everytime, and lets say I always forget it
Koltowolf'Raf Commando Healer / Raf'HiredHealer Mercenary Healer
Rafa-el Scoundrel Healer
Server: The Harbinger

Saul
06.20.2013 , 11:42 AM | #53
Great news this is going to fixed very soon. My friends and I had assumed it was common knowledge that the work around for this bug was to not get on a taxi or start conversations/use repair droid, mission terminals or vendors while mounted.

-Wes-
06.20.2013 , 12:08 PM | #54
I never took much notice of it until I started playing a character exclusively with a another player. We level those characters as a team, and are constantly having to deal with our companions being absent while fighting. Even though that doesn't put us at risk of death in most cases (since we're still a two-person team even with companions gone), a small part of the point in us playing this way is being able to mow through trash mobs like they weren't even there.

Last night, I decided to send my companion on missions all night rather than even bothering with trying to keep her at my side. I think it took about 45 minutes before my partner even thought to ask where my companion was....
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/

Referral Link

Dbuntu
06.20.2013 , 12:35 PM | #55
AWESOME. This bug has been really annoying. I'm so glad to see it being addressed.

Vegabond
06.20.2013 , 01:02 PM | #56
Wow, this is great news!!!

TUXs
06.20.2013 , 01:15 PM | #57
VERY good to know Amber - thank you!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Joesixxpack
06.20.2013 , 02:12 PM | #58
Good thread and good news. I'm always glad to see these raunchy old bugs fixed.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

MillionsKNives
06.20.2013 , 02:45 PM | #59
I'm curious as to the actual behavior of the fix for this.

For groups of 3:
  • Do companions get resummoned automatically?
  • If so, how does it pick which one? The last one out? Randomly?
  • If we dismiss companions manually, do they still get automatically resummoned?

For groups of 2:
  • Assuming that groups of 3 or more don't resummon companions automatically, when you go from a larger group back down to a group of 2 does it still prevent them from resummoning properly?
  • Like the question for groups of 3, if we dismiss our companions do they still get resummoned or do they stay dismissed after dismounting and conversations?

The last one I find particularly annoying. I level my Vanguard exclusively with my girlfriend, and with two of us it's overkill to also have 2 companions out. So we dismiss them 90% of the time, but every time we mount up or get into a conversation they appear again. Just because we're a group of 2 it always assumes that we want them out. I'd like it if it remembered whether or not I had the companion out, like it does in solo play, instead of it always defaulting to being out.

Chickensevil
06.20.2013 , 03:30 PM | #60
Wow, thanks for finally fixing this, and you have me excited to see what other long overdue (or even short existing) bug fixes will be coming in 2.2.1. I am glad to see you guys finally getting around to some of these old, rather unenjoyable bugs in the game.
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory