Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Companion Respawn Fix is way Overdue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Companion Respawn Fix is way Overdue
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CaptRavenous's Avatar


CaptRavenous
06.15.2013 , 03:22 PM | #31
I play here with family, and we have 3 accounts between us. We do group content regularly. The companion bug is HIGHLY annoying. There's been multiple times we've been wiped because I didn't notice my healing companion has disappeared again.

OR

There will be times I am helping a group of low levels, and will dismiss my companion because he/she isn't needed for such runs. Doesn't stop my companion from coming back after each cut scene, though.

OR

After being in an operations group, I can't resummon my companion, still locked out from being in an ops group, even after dropping the group. The workaround I have found for this is to open your crew skills window, summon another companion, then switch back to the companion you were using before the group.

Bioware, fix this. Its been ignored for way too long.
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

Elfa's Avatar


Elfa
06.19.2013 , 08:37 AM | #32
This issue needs to be addressed and fixed Bioware, please.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Calm down, I'd hardly call that whining. He just asked a question. Go have a coffee and calm down. Jeepers.
Lunafox nailed it. This is correct.

Puja's Avatar


Puja
06.19.2013 , 02:55 PM | #33
The bug noted by the OP is at the top of the list of what I'd like see fixed first in the game, as well as all the other companion bugs. Make a companion bugs patch.

To add to the list...

Doc often forgets his stance if I use another companion. I might go a while before I discover that Doc is no longer in his healing stance.

Drives me nuts that companions break their backs to look at me. They turn their shoulders and not their waists. Try turning your shoulders without turning your waist. It doesn't work and looks totally messed up. I would rather my companions not bother to face me at all, but if they are going to, have their bodies completely turn, feet and all.

Companions spawn before you do when using quick travel or logging in. Why? When they spawn they are hunched over like disabled droids in movies.
Rigpa
<Solo's Cholos>
THE HARBINGER

Ottoattack's Avatar


Ottoattack
06.19.2013 , 04:30 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Rimon View Post
If spawning companions cost CC they would have this fixed by tomorrow.

If it doesn't affect CM/CC, bug is low priority.

Been waiting for the hyperspace client crash fix for over 6 months.
It's on schedule. It will be delivered in version 3.5.2, if your are still here...

Aries_cz's Avatar


Aries_cz
06.19.2013 , 04:35 PM | #35
Problem with this bug is that it gets fixed on occasion, then get broken again, and no one seems to have clue why.
I personally just relog when this happens, as it fixes the problem
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

Hyfy's Avatar


Hyfy
06.19.2013 , 08:02 PM | #36
I like many other people have obviously seen this bug, but what I've noticed with it is it revolves around having three people in group. Or having had three people in group previously( IE you had three and one left group and two of the members are still there in the same group). What I think is the issue is when you have three people in group and three potential companions to choose from the client for some reason can't figure out who's companion is the one that should be the 4th member of the party so it decides none of them will be. It goes through that every time you go through a cutscene or load up after an elevator etc. it seems to carry on after you lose one of the three people in the group for whatever reason. After the fact dropping group and reforming seems to fix it when it's just the 2 people left. It is something I really wish they would figure out and fix it though. It is one of those bugs that is at the top of my bug fix wish list.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

MaximilianPower's Avatar


MaximilianPower
06.19.2013 , 08:23 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
I like many other people have obviously seen this bug, but what I've noticed with it is it revolves around having three people in group. Or having had three people in group previously( IE you had three and one left group and two of the members are still there in the same group). What I think is the issue is when you have three people in group and three potential companions to choose from the client for some reason can't figure out who's companion is the one that should be the 4th member of the party so it decides none of them will be. It goes through that every time you go through a cutscene or load up after an elevator etc. it seems to carry on after you lose one of the three people in the group for whatever reason. After the fact dropping group and reforming seems to fix it when it's just the 2 people left. It is something I really wish they would figure out and fix it though. It is one of those bugs that is at the top of my bug fix wish list.
Not saying your observation is incorrect, but FYI, I've experienced the bug while questing completely solo. No groups involved at all. Kill some baddies with my comp, hop on my speeder to get to the next quest area, hop off the speeder - comp gone. Same thing happens after a cutscene. Not always, but regularly. Quite irritating.

Hyfy's Avatar


Hyfy
06.19.2013 , 10:48 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximilianPower View Post
Not saying your observation is incorrect, but FYI, I've experienced the bug while questing completely solo. No groups involved at all. Kill some baddies with my comp, hop on my speeder to get to the next quest area, hop off the speeder - comp gone. Same thing happens after a cutscene. Not always, but regularly. Quite irritating.
But here's the question were you in a group prior to that? The reasoning behind my "working theory" if you will is based in part on that in periods of play where I haven't grouped at all or at least since I logged in I haven't experienced the bug. It's only been while I was either in a group or had been during that play session.

Edit: Do note I'm not trying to say you're wrong just trying to help narrow down what may be causing it.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

demonolithic's Avatar


demonolithic
06.19.2013 , 11:15 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Sigmaringen View Post
Agreed! Can't believe this bug is still around.
I can unfortunately...
.. let me start by saying nothing...
Cochise
The Shadowlands

KostonxEld's Avatar


KostonxEld
06.20.2013 , 01:55 AM | #40
If you get attacked on your speeder and get knocked off, your companion doesn't have class buffs! This is horribly inconvenient also and is left over from patch 1.4. Patch 1.4 broke this A YEAR AGO!!!

It's not the highest priority, but come on. It was a bug then and has not become normal
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!