Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Respawn Fix is way Overdue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Companion Respawn Fix is way Overdue
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mertaal
06.05.2013 , 10:08 AM | #21
Agreed - very irritating.

Arlon_Nabarlly
06.05.2013 , 10:31 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
No, I am talking about the issue where your companions randomly don't automatically come back when you get off your speeder. If you log out and back in, its 'fixed'.
I don't see how this would fix the issue, but I'll give it a shot. Pretty sure I've been in a group and had to relog due to DC and still had the issue after relogging.

Lugosi
06.05.2013 , 10:44 AM | #23
Agreed, pretty pathetic that this bug still exists. Re-logging does absolutely nothing. I've notice that it happens when there are 3 people in your party. Anytime you get off your mount or change zone/instance your companion is gone. No amount of re-logging will fix this if there are three people, it will happen every single time.

The only fix I know is to group alone or if the third person leaves quit the group and reform with the remaining person.
Bargain not with the darkness, in time it will take us all.
Arms of the Abyss
Ilith - Akhroma - Molybdenum

JimG
06.05.2013 , 11:27 AM | #24
It gets really annoying on things like the Esseles flashpoint which is usually run with less than a full group since it's a 2+ flashpoint. Every single time you access an elevator in that flashpoint, your companion drops. Since everyone tries to rush through it as fast as possible it becomes a constant little game of can I re-summon my companion faster than you attack the next mob, lol.

Rankyn
06.05.2013 , 01:19 PM | #25
And while we're at it, can we get the bug fixed that causes the companion massacre when you quick travel between certain spots on Makeb?

Some days the bodies are piled waist deep.

I don't know exactly how big the unseen ship is that's picking us up and dropping us off is, but I always feel bad when Nadia falls to her death out the door just before we could land, possibly because of faulty seatbelts.

Elfa
06.05.2013 , 03:55 PM | #26
It seems this bug is irritating quite a few players, please Bioware, address this issue.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

KennethHoover
06.05.2013 , 04:09 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rimon View Post
If spawning companions cost CC they would have this fixed by tomorrow.

If it doesn't affect CM/CC, bug is low priority.

Been waiting for the hyperspace client crash fix for over 6 months.
^This.

You can bet if there's a problem with the CM they would work 24/7 to correct THAT.
"I need an Ewok to fetch me coffee and donuts."

My professional writing blog: http://kennethmarkhoover.me

Elfa
06.15.2013 , 08:22 AM | #28
2.2 passes and nothing so much as a peep.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

KorathTheCool
06.15.2013 , 12:13 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
2.2 passes and nothing so much as a peep.
You can't see it, but I'm doing my shocked face.

Elfa
06.15.2013 , 03:12 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by KorathTheCool View Post
You can't see it, but I'm doing my shocked face.
We all are, lol.