Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cross Server Queues.

Pistols
06.05.2013 , 11:11 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
sorry but competative PvP is a myth in MMOs. the "hardcore" PvPers are simply the QQ brigade that cry they have to roll the new FOTM because the old one is no longer over powered.
Just stop.

GNWP
06.05.2013 , 11:14 AM | #22
*deleted*

Lord_Karsk
06.05.2013 , 11:15 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
There it is, i saved that picture. Yeah sad really sad.

Pistols
06.05.2013 , 11:19 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by shednik View Post
I appreciate the update Bruce letting us know about cross server queues, and understand there's a lot you can't say when it comes to a future updates.

The problem I see is will there be enough of a dedicated pvp community around to actually enjoy these updates that are coming in 2.4? Cross server queues are something that all of the current ranked teams have been hoping as a means to add to the current competition pool, and without it there will not be any new competition unless people end up coming back.

I'm sure now that we know cross server queues aren't coming in 2.4 that the current rwz community will get even smaller as people end up moving on. I'm not sure how you plan to grow the ranked warzone scene and improve queue times without cross server, are there any more high level details you can share in that regard?
Sadly it will probably come down to solo rankeds...which IMO waters down end game PvP.

They NEED a ladder system for 8 man GROUPS...which is based on team ELO that appropriately matches teams against one another. ATM, there is no match-making, it is first come, first in que matching. Thus, why teams/guilds tend to not que up, because they don't want to get wrecked by the 2-3 solid teams waiting. If they introduce solo rankeds or anything less than 8...which functions on the same ELO...that'll probably be it for me in TOR.

limenutpen
06.05.2013 , 11:22 AM | #25
This my friends is the beginning of the end...
I will cancel my sub which has been running since 20th December 2011 this month...

Will have a look at what 2.4 patch notes will give, if interesting I will come back, if not I will stay out.

Thank you SWTOR for 1 year 7 months of games!
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut

shednik
06.05.2013 , 11:29 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Sadly it will probably come down to solo rankeds...which IMO waters down end game PvP.

They NEED a ladder system for 8 man GROUPS...which is based on team ELO that appropriately matches teams against one another. ATM, there is no match-making, it is first come, first in que matching. Thus, why teams/guilds tend to not que up, because they don't want to get wrecked by the 2-3 solid teams waiting. If they introduce solo rankeds or anything less than 8...which functions on the same ELO...that'll probably be it for me in TOR.
Yeah I figured as much but hearing it from them sooner rather than later would be nice....but I hear yeah I'm definitely not as optimistic as I would like to be about it. Hopefully we will hear something a little more concrete.
Joésta-Slinger | Joestà-Sent | Gîggles-Scoundrel | Pebblés-Sage | Jøesta-Shadow <Super Bads>
Snipeyinz-Sniper | Zabraa-Assassin | Joesta-Jugg
Prophecy of the Five

GNWP
06.05.2013 , 11:32 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

Even though it is too early to share specifics I can say that Game Update 2.4 as it is being worked on right now has features and changes that should cause a significant improvement of queue times for ranked Warzones in particular. Emphasis on significant!
4 man groups? Come one! It's not worth of 4 months of waiting!

RyanReagan
06.05.2013 , 12:09 PM | #28
Remember that time they said that 2.2 would have PvP updates?

Emphasis on remember.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K.² <Infinite Darkness>

astrobearx
06.05.2013 , 12:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
Remember that time they said that 2.2 would have PvP updates?

Emphasis on remember.
please quote that for me, as i don't remember that line.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

Andryah
06.05.2013 , 12:29 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
sorry but competative PvP is a myth in MMOs. the "hardcore" PvPers are simply the QQ brigade that cry they have to roll the new FOTM because the old one is no longer over powered.
I'm going to agree with Hizoka on this one.

Further... hard core PvP are notoriously disloyal to MMOs. They can, and do, MMO hop to get their PvP fix and they are vocal and veonomous toward the MMO dev teams wherever they hang their hat at any given moment.

Besides, hardcore PvPers thinking they can stear and drive this games development team is the height of arrogance IMO. It's a PvE game... with some PvP bolted on as a minigame for people wanting a PvP fix. It has never been anything more then this, and likely never will be. This is not a hardcore PvP MMO... so expecting a hardcore PvP play theme is extremely misplaced IMO.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.