Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cross Server Queues.

BrunoLogan
06.06.2013 , 04:38 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Or you could be smart and not waste your breaker on the shorter stuns.
Sorry, man. That argument doesn't work any longer. You know that there are situations where you really need to break it. When your enemy stuns you and another is almost finalizing the cap what do you do? Let them cap on your face or you just break it as a last resort to help your team? Is that kind of situations I'm referring to. You could be more polite and think a little bit before just quoting someone to call them dumb.

RakeshZeal
06.06.2013 , 09:31 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by kharathos View Post
Not fixing the many pvp issues still outstanding after many patches or reskinning existing items in SWTOR to sell on the Cartel Market counts as significant???
Indeed. Money = Significant. they wont bother with PvP till wildstar is close to release.
-The Harbingers Legacy

TandyUK
10.03.2013 , 07:25 PM | #103
Well now we have arenas, we can really see the pain caused by not having cross server queues.
Bioware even gave me a 3 day sub due to their incompetence, and so I've had a few fun days playing ranked arenas. But the system as it is will not make me resub until such time as they add cross server queues.

Two other glaring omissions are
  • the lack of ability to queue for ranked and normals at the same time.
    IMHO, the queues should be unranked warzones, solo arenas and team arenas. Unranked arenas needn't even exist.
  • the lack of cartel market item to unlock the ability for f2p and preferred players to participate in ranked arenas. (perhaps solo only)
    The latter might actually keep me in the game, if only as a free player, but I'm not going to waste my time queuing for normals, especially when I have 2 totally different builds for warzones and arenas, and cannot choose what I am queuing for, nor respec at the beginning depending on what match type I get.

PVP is still non existent outside peak hours on my server (Red eclipse), even with only 4 players per team.
Even at 11pm, I had to wait 40 minutes for a solo ranked arena, which gave me a whole 8 minutes of play time. This is totally unacceptable and I would be extremely disappointed if I was actually paying for this (lack of) service.
I queued for solo ranked at 01:40, before i started to write this post, I'll add my final forum reply when I finally get a game, or when I decide to go to bed, whichever comes first.
(Update 02:17 while proof reading this post, the game logged me out for inactivity. Re-connected, Re-queued.)

I appreciate the concerns people have about wanting to only fight players on their server, so perhaps the matchmaking system should use cross server only as a last resort, for when the population of a server queued does not allow for a match.
At least this would allow the night owls like me to actually play, instead of just sitting in the queue from 2am - 7am with NOTHING happening, like last night.

Anyone queuing for ranked arenas is clearly interested in PVP, so should enjoy playing against teams on any type of server.
And as there is no need to communicate with the enemy, why would it matter if your enemy spoke a different language?

Ranked Warzone Arenas have great potential, but until the queue times are greatly reduced, by either a LOT more players doing them, or the pool of available players being expanded, and the ability for free players to unlock the ability to participate in them, I really cannot see what all the pre 2.4 hype was about.

Bioware, you tried to hype up the PVP community with your "amazing pvp patch that we will all love", but instead let us down dramatically by not only including more PVE content in the patch than PVP content (A single new feature, vs a new daily area and 2 new operations), and even REMOVED a key PVP feature for no good reason in the process.
Will you be refunding the transfer fees paid by all the players, and in some cases entire guilds, who paid to move to other servers specifically to compete in the ranked warzones which no longer exist?

I would love to know how your hardcore PVE fans would react if you told them you were deleting Nightmare mode ops because only 1% of the playerbase did them, and replaced them with a bunch of new flashpoints.
I doubt it would be a good reponse, so I fail to understand how you thought this would be taken well by the hardcore PVP fans.

/RANT

I hope you can get these things sorted out, as I would definitely resubscribe the day you announce cross server PVP, so be sure to notify me by email if and when this ever happens.

TandyUK
10.03.2013 , 08:57 PM | #104
03:54. Leaving arena queue.
Not that standing around on the fleet for over 2 hours is boring or anything, but the game prevents me doing most other end level content while in the queue.
Have completed every daily quest already, and have completed virtually all single player content on this character prior to cancelling my subscription 3 months ago.

Leaving to go help someone complete a flashpoint.
I dont understand why I cant remain queued while doing that, The group would be happy to wait 5 minutes for me if and when I did ever get a pop.

Malckiah
10.03.2013 , 09:07 PM | #105
We need something because there is not enough pvp happening....waaaaaay to long of a wait!

FriendReferral
10.03.2013 , 09:47 PM | #106
Too bad this will prob never happen. This game's engine is garbage because it's a heavily modified version of the pre-alpha HeroEngine, and that will always prevent SWTOR from reaching its fullest potential.

FrogSkin
10.03.2013 , 09:56 PM | #107
Another valid reason for cross server queues is so the ELO Ranking and Match Making has a decent sample size to match make with and therefore people are fighting people at their level.

Currently due to low server pvp populations the matching making has to put good against bad because theres not enough of either for their own match.
Imaging a whole bunch of character names and levels here...,

thanatosxrs
10.03.2013 , 10:11 PM | #108
This game has the worse game engine ever, its not surprising to say the least that the server databases can't communicate with each other.

FriendReferral
10.03.2013 , 10:43 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by thanatosxrs View Post
This game has the worse game engine ever, its not surprising to say the least that the server databases can't communicate with each other.
Also the servers lag every now and then, and ever since 2.4 released I got lots of FPS drops. My sub ends today so like it matters for me. This engine is detrimental to the overall growth of SWTOR.

chuixupu
10.04.2013 , 12:04 AM | #110
They can do cross server queues if they really want to. Remember when Ranked Warzones were first announced and it actually said there was going to be cross server queues? Yes, it did. They they changed their minds. I don't think it's because they can't, it's just more money than EA was willing to invest. But I think they will need to bite the bullet and do it if they ever want to have a decent pvp community.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant