Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RE 72 Gear

Vanisher
06.04.2013 , 09:07 AM | #1
Ok so I heard we wil be able to RE underworld gear next update now that only means we will be able to RE the mods and armouring etc from the drops from HM raid groups. You won't be able to RE the items you buy with Ultimate comms. So it will be awhile I think till we see some if this being successful and that's fine with me and those who are lucky to RE will make a bundle selling what they can make.

Khevar
06.04.2013 , 09:11 AM | #2
What gives you the idea you can't RE Verpine Gear?

You can currently RE both Arkanian and Black Market. What makes you think this would change for the next tier?

Luxidenstore
06.04.2013 , 09:13 AM | #3
If we can't RE the armor pieces themselves, they should really change the marketing of this "feature" in the Patch Preview.
Use my Referral link and save starving children on Rishi. Join the movement now.

forcelegacy
06.04.2013 , 12:35 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
What gives you the idea you can't RE Verpine Gear?

You can currently RE both Arkanian and Black Market. What makes you think this would change for the next tier?
I second this. Why do you think you couldn't RE all 72 mods, armor, and enhancements?

Vanisher
06.05.2013 , 07:34 AM | #5
They said in their patch noted that we will be able to RE underworld gear that's not verpine or any other 72 gear. It specifically states UNDERWORLD gear. So it is only the gear that drops in the ops that is classified as UNDERWORLD. You can't buy Underworld with ultimate comms.

That is why I think it's only just the underworld 72 gear because that's what bioware stated...

Khevar
06.05.2013 , 10:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanisher View Post
They said in their patch noted that we will be able to RE underworld gear that's not verpine or any other 72 gear. It specifically states UNDERWORLD gear. So it is only the gear that drops in the ops that is classified as UNDERWORLD. You can't buy Underworld with ultimate comms.

That is why I think it's only just the underworld 72 gear because that's what bioware stated...
*shrug*

I think you're reading too much into it.

Go look at the patch notes for 1.4 when the grade 27 gear was released. They don't say that Hazmat gear can be RE'ed for a schematic. And yet they could be.

Campaign / Black Hole could both be RE'ed
Dread Guard / Hazmat could both be RE'ed
Arkanian / Black Market could both be RE'ed

Once you rip a mod out of Verpine gear, there is no way to tell where it came from. I would expect the Verpine mods to be RE'able.

Of course, you're overlooking an even more important fact: Verpine mods and enhancements are mostly high-endurance garbage, so why would anyone want to RE them anyway?

forcelegacy
06.05.2013 , 10:19 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanisher View Post

Hmm, well it doesn't say you can't RE verpine, although I can see what you are saying. It says:

Crafting Skills
Underworld gear can now be Reverse Engineered and learned as a schematic.

Perhaps come clarification on that from BW would be in order. Although I wouldn't count on that. We may just have to wait a week for the release to find out.

DarthVertigo
06.05.2013 , 07:20 PM | #8
I can tell you i could re Verpine on PTR just fine to get a schematic

Luxidenstore
06.06.2013 , 07:47 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVertigo View Post
I can tell you i could re Verpine on PTR just fine to get a schematic
Gear pieces or mods?
Use my Referral link and save starving children on Rishi. Join the movement now.

billygreat
06.06.2013 , 09:41 AM | #10
Who will want to RE the shells? They are buttugly. Ofc the mods.