Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ways of making credits with skills capped at 400

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Ways of making credits with skills capped at 400

Trollokdamus
06.04.2013 , 08:40 AM | #1
Good day.
In this thread i want to ask you guys for any tips and/or advices on how can one earn credits by working with non max level materials and crafts. Thing is, i didn't buy RotHC yet and not planning to in the near future (personal reasons), so i'm not able to level my crew skills to 450 yet.
I've tried some options myself, but the only thing that worked for me to some degree was selling everything blue, purple and orange from various Treasure Hunting missions on GTN.

Thundergulch
06.04.2013 , 10:11 AM | #2
Dyes use all sorts of mats from all grades... gemstones, color crystals..etc... those might get you some coin.

Ryenke
06.04.2013 , 10:59 AM | #3
Second tier items in bio and arch like nextor crystals and genetic anomaly are a pain in the rear to gather, so they seem to sell for good prices on my server. Some arch artifact fragments sell very well, others are a loss- you'd have to research that on your server.

Slicing lock boxes under 400 make money, but slowly. The nice thing is when you crit on those, it is usually worth selling for a good price.

Crafting mid level Augs, can be profitable, but schematics for them are not plentiful.

AlixMV
06.04.2013 , 11:51 AM | #4
I make most of my credits targetting the mid-range levelers, which would easily be obtainable for you with a max cap of 400.

Sure, you won't get the big scores, but your mats are also cheaper/easier to come by. The profit is slow, but there.

If you want to make money, check a few markets on your server over time. Identify where there may be a lack or need, based on availability and what you know of how the game is played. Fill the void.
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee

Khevar
06.04.2013 , 12:36 PM | #5
I would recommend crafting a bunch of low-to-mid-level Armorings, Mods, Hilts and Barrels in preparation for the upcoming Double XP weekends at the end of June.

Despite being a crafter myself, I ended up purchasing quite a number of upgrades for my Vanguard during the last double xp weekends, as I wasn't crafting the gear as fast as I was leveling

I would also suggest learning some of the purple schematics for Hilts and Barrels as those are likely to move quickly during that time period.

Chylla
06.05.2013 , 02:46 AM | #6
I still make some decent credits using my schematics for Campaign/Dread Guard relics as an artificer. Even now, those relics still hold value as people don't want to spend the 150 comms on a relic sometimes. They'd rather (seemingly) spend anywhere from 400-700k per relic. Just kinda annoying getting together the mats sometimes.

NomadFifteen
06.05.2013 , 07:07 PM | #7
As stated above, target the mid-level characters. With daily coms now being carried from planet to planet, the meat and potatoes of the crafter took a hit - blue mods. If you have the crew skills and money, crafting purple upgrades is the way to go.

My cybertech crafter is making a killing on selling level 21-39 purple armor mods. I am getting 25-35,000 a piece for these mods. The only downside is getting the crit on the Underworld Trading missions or buying the purple materials for a reasonable price where I can still make a profit. If you can afford it, get the astromech upgrade for your starship and get the mod for gathering crits for the ship bot.

Or heck, if you get the crit put the purple mats up for sale on the GTN. I may pick them up myself.

IronJelly
06.08.2013 , 09:36 AM | #8
Rather than doing the missions, go gather slicing boxes on the planets. you'll make money.
I am a Farker. What that means to you is that I speak my mind. If the above post was offensive to you for any reason, be glad that I won't even know if you ignore me. Welcome to the internet.

AidanLightwalker
06.08.2013 , 02:55 PM | #9
There is just so many ways to make credits in this game. I make boat loads constantly and there are dozens of markets to do it in. I'd list them but there are just so many!
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

Trollokdamus
06.08.2013 , 05:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
Dyes use all sorts of mats from all grades... gemstones, color crystals..etc... those might get you some coin.
Can it be profitable to craft dyes themselves? I have access to Artifice on 2 toons so can try to make some, but not sure how they sell and if it's worth it to buy mats off GTN.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ryenke View Post
Crafting mid level Augs, can be profitable, but schematics for them are not plentiful.
Is there really any demand in mid level Augments? From my understanding people buy them just to maximize their end-game gear. Am i wrong?

Overall, thank you for the advices guys, i'll try some of the things you've mentioned.