Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any other leapers falling short of their destination?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Any other leapers falling short of their destination?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Joesixxpack
06.04.2013 , 12:32 PM | #21
I've noticed this sometimes with my guardian. HB I figured it was map-related since there're other weird bugs with ledges and catwalks. AH also, no clue why, and don't remember having it anywhere else.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hot'Sawce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | JadeFox Sorc | AngelEyes Merc | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

maverickmatt
06.04.2013 , 01:10 PM | #22
I've noticed it in WZ as well as World Areas.
I love to do the drive-by (ride along on my speeder, target red, force leap) but for the last week or so, it has been ruined by this bug. I land nowhere near my target.

I see it in WZ and it probably happens alot more than I've taken note of, but I just chalked it up to that target's skill in avoiding my leap.

It's annoying, and I would venture to say that in some situations it is gamebreaking.

Also, I've seen the "no-root force leap'' lately, and that's a pain because it's a waste to have Unremitting if the target isn't rooted.

madcappah
06.04.2013 , 02:10 PM | #23
Surely this is working as intended.
<placeholder>
Prophecy of the Five
Dauktor Rockzo (Vengeance) / Rolla (Advanced Prototype)
Rocksy (Deception) / Rocksanne (Marksman) / Rahky (Medic)

Zadtro
06.04.2013 , 02:53 PM | #24
Yes i have experienced this before but I thought it was a glitch at first but it kept happening so looked for a thread =]

Glad one has already started and i hope devs look into this because not being able to close the gap is very frustrating. Being pvp melee is impossible if you can't jump to your target.

Trixdope
06.04.2013 , 02:54 PM | #25
This bug is pissing me off. It's happens every single time I try to intercede in huttball.

DimeStax
06.04.2013 , 03:22 PM | #26
If the target Dodges or Parries your Force Leap then you will not root them, but you will still of course leap to them.
Sakz <Good Talk> 55 Guardian - The Bastion
Dimes <Good Talk> 55 Gunslinger - The Bastion
Six-t'nine<Synergy> 55 Commando - The Bastion
Nickels <Synergy> 36 Scoundrel - The Bastion

Baalzamon
06.04.2013 , 03:37 PM | #27
The leap root seem to work 50% of the time

Ubwike
06.04.2013 , 04:33 PM | #28
I would also like to add my voice to those who have witnessed this, it seems to happen a lot more in Huttball than elsewhere, but I've been falling short while interceding, and using force-leap, and moving nowhere while using my snipers covered escape.

Zoom_VI
06.04.2013 , 06:50 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DimeStax View Post
If the target Dodges or Parries your Force Leap then you will not root them, but you will still of course leap to them.
The leap is a force (yellow) ability can cannot be dodge, shielded yes dodged no.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

daveyggg
06.04.2013 , 07:26 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
The leap is a force (yellow) ability can cannot be dodge, shielded yes dodged no.
Force leap is white and can be dodged, leaping to a target with deflection, evasion or saber ward up will most times be dodged.

I also have noticed an increase in being stuck after a leap. The position that is being displayed to me is not the actual position I am in on the map and the only way to get out of it is to leap to randomly selected targets and hope one of them is in the range of where I actually am on the map, very frustrating, especially if nobody is around.
Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Nekron