Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any other leapers falling short of their destination?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Any other leapers falling short of their destination?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

madcappah
06.04.2013 , 11:10 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayblazen View Post
We were in a ranked against a team with a guardian who interceded to a unstealthed shadow and out of no where he ported back to his original position.

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
<placeholder>
Prophecy of the Five
Dauktor Rockzo (Vengeance) / Rolla (Advanced Prototype)
Rocksy (Deception) / Rocksanne (Marksman) / Rahky (Medic)

CBRGhostRider
06.04.2013 , 11:16 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by madcappah View Post
Over the past few days on my jugg I have noticed my long range jumps and intercedes are not working all the time. Sometimes the animation happens and I wind up back where I started and it cost me the use of my ability. Sometimes I stop mid way through the jump and fall to the floor and it cost me the use of that ability. It happened to me about a dozen times yesterday alone, the worst day so far.

In a game of huttball I went to jump from mid to a team mate on the lower platforms past the first fire at sandbags. I stopped in mid air over the pit and fell straight down. My team mate confirmed what I saw, he saw the same thing, I dropped in mid air. I guess this could be attributed to lag but it costs me my ability every time it does this when it does not work properly.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Happened to me multiple times in huttball. I interceded to our sorc who was in the middle of the platform. Next thing, I'm down at the bottom in the pit. And no, I wasn't pulled either. The sorc was stationary too, so it was not some lag issue. I have noticed issues w/ intercede multiple times in the past week or so.
Spoiler

HaemmernZeit
06.04.2013 , 11:18 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Skylancewalker View Post
Not only am I falling short but my root works maybe 1/4 of the time on other players for my leap ( no they do not have full resolve...nor should this matter its a root)
Since every class has a chance to dodge attacks, this is probably it. I notice it happens a lot more when I attack a tank. Super annoying for sure though.

Glower
06.04.2013 , 11:36 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by jayblazen View Post
we were in a ranked against a team with a guardian who interceded to a unstealthed shadow and out of no where he ported back to his original position.
:d lmao
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

JustinxDuff
06.04.2013 , 11:36 AM | #15
This happens to me all the time but with roll. I just roll in place and go nowhere.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

Stepheda
06.04.2013 , 11:47 AM | #16
Yep, I love leaping into a smash to get ported back halfway, two wasted CDs! What I like better is when this happens with force push, Push - flying animation, dude teleports back to original starting point and CD blown. GG BW, *********** idiots.

Glower
06.04.2013 , 11:55 AM | #17
Don't you understand? This is an innovative anti-speedhack protection.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

DimeStax
06.04.2013 , 12:03 PM | #18
This has happened to me as well. Once, I interceded someone under the spawn area in Voidstar where the bridges drop and I got teleported through the ground under the stairs where I could run around but couldn't leave. /stuck didn't work because i wasn't in combat. A few other times I've been placed short of my destination on Huttball. I know it wasn't lag because it was a Gunslinger who had been in cover, in hunker down, for quite sometime, so he wasn't moving around.
Sakz <Good Talk> 55 Guardian - The Bastion
Dimes <Good Talk> 55 Gunslinger - The Bastion
Six-t'nine<Synergy> 55 Commando - The Bastion
Nickels <Synergy> 36 Scoundrel - The Bastion

Skylancewalker
06.04.2013 , 12:29 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
In 2.0, I know Troopers and BH's received an ability that we can use every 30seconds (lasts 6 I think) that prevents the root - that's probably what you're noticing.
No that is not the ability I am talking about. It is all classes.

Skylancewalker
06.04.2013 , 12:31 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by HaemmernZeit View Post
Since every class has a chance to dodge attacks, this is probably it. I notice it happens a lot more when I attack a tank. Super annoying for sure though.
It happens most I would say when I am jumping to healers that are trying to kite me and just gives them an extra step because I am assuming they are going to get rooted.